PureLoveTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
Surprised? Conrad Murray Ordered to Stand Trial for Michael Jackson's Death

Conrad Murray's legal odyssey is just beginning.

The cardiologist accused of injecting Michael Jackson with a lethal amount of sedatives has been ordered to stand trial on one count of involuntary manslaughter.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor also ordered that Murray's medical license be suspended, effective immediately.

RELATED: Five shocking things heard during the Michael Jackson manslaughter hearing"Circumstances have changed," Pastor said in court this afternoon. "They have changed dramatically. There are extraordinary circumstances that mandate my approving the request of the [California] Medical Board. Overall consideration is the protection of the public. The continued practice by Dr. Murray does pose an imminent danger to the state of California."

Jackson's mother, Katherine, and siblings Janet, La Toya, Jackie, Jermaine, Randy and Marlon all sat in on at least part of the hearing over the past week."I'm happy so far," La Toya told reporters as she made her way to her car Tuesday."The judge's ruling ordering Dr. Murray to stand trial for the death of Michael Jackson is perfectly appropriate given the testimony in this case," read a statement from Howard Weitzman, attorney for the executors of Jackson's estate, John Branca and John McClain.

The ruling comes after six days of testimony from more than 20 prosecution witnesses, concluding today with two doctors who testified that Murray violated his duties as a medical professional by injecting Jackson with propofol, a surgical-grade anesthetic, and failing to properly monitor him afterward.

Both doctors said that even if Jackson had injected himself with the lethal dose, his death should still be called a homicide based on Murray's actions.

The Houston-based physician has pleaded not guilty to the charge. A conviction would result in the loss of his medical license and a maximum of four years in prison.

Murray's defense team didn't call any witnesses during the hearing, but his lawyers argued that their client did not give Jackson anything that could have killed him and, in fact, was planning to decrease the amount of meds the King of Pop was using.

"What did we hear that [proves] Dr. Murray killed Michael Jackson?" attorney Joseph Low said in his closing statement. "Who is going to tell me what Dr. Murray did to Michael Jackson before he died? A 25-milliliter [dose] of Propofol in a 20-minute
push is not enough to kill a man."

"On the day he is trying to ween Michael Jackson off propofol, the doses (levels) go off the roof?" Low continued. "That defies common sense."

Members of Jackson's staff and paramedics who responded to the 911 call and transported a seemingly lifeless Jackson to UCLA Medical Center described a chaotic scene at the singer's rented Holmby Hills mansion on June 25, 2009. Bodyguard Alberto Alvarez testified that Jackson's oldest children, Prince and Paris, ran up to their dad's bedroom and saw him lying unconscious.

"Michael Jackson is gone. Michael's kids do not have a father because of Dr. Murray,"
Assistant District Attorney David Walgren said in his closing remarks. "Michael is not
 here because of the utterly inept actions of defendant Dr. Murray."

Pastor denied Walgren's request that bail be increased from $75,000 to $300,000. He scheduled arraignment for Jan. 25 at 8:30 a.m.

<!-- m -->You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<!-- m -->
Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 07:57:26 PM by ~Souza~
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

PureLoveTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
Quote from: "PureLove"

The cardiologist accused of injecting Michael Jackson with a lethal amount of sedatives has been ordered to stand trial on one count of involuntary manslaughter.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor also ordered that Murray's medical license be suspended, effective immediately.

RELATED: Five shocking things heard during the Michael Jackson manslaughter hearing"Circumstances have changed," Pastor said in court this afternoon. "They have changed dramatically. There are extraordinary circumstances that mandate my approving the request of the [California] Medical Board. Overall consideration is the protection of the public. The continued practice by Dr. Murray does pose an imminent danger to the state of California."

Jackson's mother, Katherine, and siblings Janet, La Toya, Jackie, Jermaine, Randy and Marlon all sat in on at least part of the hearing over the past week."I'm happy so far," La Toya told reporters as she made her way to her car Tuesday."The judge's ruling ordering Dr. Murray to stand trial for the death of Michael Jackson is perfectly appropriate given the testimony in this case," read a statement from Howard Weitzman, attorney for the executors of Jackson's estate, John Branca and John McClain.

The ruling comes after six days of testimony from more than 20 prosecution witnesses, concluding today with two doctors who testified that Murray violated his duties as a medical professional by injecting Jackson with propofol, a surgical-grade anesthetic, and failing to properly monitor him afterward.

Both doctors said that even if Jackson had injected himself with the lethal dose, his death should still be called a homicide based on Murray's actions.

The Houston-based physician has pleaded not guilty to the charge. A conviction would result in the loss of his medical license and a maximum of four years in prison.

Murray's defense team didn't call any witnesses during the hearing, but his lawyers argued that their client did not give Jackson anything that could have killed him and, in fact, was planning to decrease the amount of meds the King of Pop was using.

"What did we hear that [proves] Dr. Murray killed Michael Jackson?" attorney Joseph Low said in his closing statement. "Who is going to tell me what Dr. Murray did to Michael Jackson before he died? A 25-milliliter [dose] of Propofol in a 20-minute

"On the day he is trying to ween Michael Jackson off propofol, the doses (levels) go off the roof?" Low continued. "That defies common sense."

Members of Jackson's staff and paramedics who responded to the 911 call and transported a seemingly lifeless Jackson to UCLA Medical Center described a chaotic scene at the singer's rented Holmby Hills mansion on June 25, 2009. Bodyguard Alberto Alvarez testified that Jackson's oldest children, Prince and Paris, ran up to their dad's bedroom and saw him lying unconscious.

"Michael Jackson is gone. Michael's kids do not have a father because of Dr. Murray,"
Assistant District Attorney David Walgren said in his closing remarks. "Michael is not

Pastor denied Walgren's request that bail be increased from $75,000 to $300,000. He scheduled arraignment for Jan. 25 at 8:30 a.m.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Postponed again? January 25th? :(
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RELATED: [glow=red:38cobuv8]Five shocking things heard during the Michael Jackson manslaughter hearing"Circumstances have changed," Pastor said in court this afternoon. "They have changed dramatically. There are extraordinary circumstances that mandate my approving the request of the [California] Medical Board. Overall consideration is the protection of the public. The continued practice by Dr. Murray does pose an imminent danger to the state of California[/glow:38cobuv8]."

afraid/  afraid/  afraid/  afraid/

What's happens? It's very stranger. Just now Pastor thinks that Murray is danger?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Tell the angels no... Heaven can wait"!

all4loveandbelieve

Boy are my intuitions right. I knew it would be postponed I did not know January, I said december. Look this court will never take place believe me. I feel it to my bones.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

Jan 25, 1994 is the day Michael settled out of court for the 1993 Child Molestation Allegation.

On January 25, 1994 the Chandler's lawsuit was settled out of court with $15.3 million to be held in a trust fund for Jordan,[33] $1.5 million for each of his parents[34] and the family's lawyer slated to receive $3 million based on a September 1993 retainer,[35] for a total of $21 million (or according to CNN, $5 million for a total of $23 million).
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

all4loveandbelieve

Quote from: "TheMoonIsDancing"
Jan 25, 1994 is the day Michael settled out of court for the 1993 Child Molestation Allegation.

On January 25, 1994 the Chandler's lawsuit was settled out of court with $15.3 million to be held in a trust fund for Jordan,[33] $1.5 million for each of his parents[34] and the family's lawyer slated to receive $3 million based on a September 1993 retainer,[35] for a total of $21 million (or according to CNN, $5 million for a total of $23 million).

it is very true themoonisdancing. Something is up here. thanks for the information
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

Isn't this old news from last year? We already know that Murray will stand trial. Why are they rehashing old news?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

_Anna_

It says "arraignment" and this is old news. It already happened in January 2011

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curls

Isn't this article refering to the prelim hearing from January 2011?

P.S. Sorry, you've just said the same thing Anna!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

PureLoveTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
Quote from: "curls"
Isn't this article refering to the prelim hearing from January 2011?

P.S. Sorry, you've just said the same thing Anna!

Yeah you guys are right. This is old news. Geezzz. Why do they give old news once more?  :roll:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Oh thank God! I really thought for awhile that this was true. Purelove, don't scare me like that!  afraid/

:lol: So we are still on for September, Conrad?
Its a date! Do not stand me up anymore! ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

perhaps we're getting it again because we need to pay closer attention to it.

Blessings :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

paula-c

posted on [highlight=#ff0000:2zaaxgxr]Friday, 1st July 2011[/highlight:2zaaxgxr]- [ 679 views ]

old news published on July 1, .. to be seen whether this is another delay

anyway is an interesting date

Duration calculation results
From and Including: [highlight=#ff0000:2zaaxgxr]Tuesday,[/highlight:2zaaxgxr] January 25, 1994
 To and Including: [highlight=#ff0000:2zaaxgxr]Tuesday[/highlight:2zaaxgxr], January 25, 2011

It is 6210 days from the start date to the end date, end date included

Or 17 years, 1 day including the end date
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Grace

The article says now:

posted on Saturday, 2nd July 2011 - [ 686 views ]

and:

Source : N/A

IMO the date is changing every day to make the article appear "new news" but in fact it's "old news" from last year.
The page source code (technical code of the site) reads:
<td width="55%" valign="top"><span class='O_TITLE'>Surprised? Conrad Murray Ordered to Stand Trial for Michael Jackson's Death</span><br/> <span class='date_format'>posted on Saturday, 2nd July 2011 - [ 686 views ]</span></td>

<span class='date_format'> is being used e.g. in this context:
attempting to format a Unix timestamp utilizing the date_format() variable modifier

If you don't want a variable changing date, span class should be "date" and not "date_format".

Conclusion: the programmer did use a variable date and the date "posted on" changes every day and thus this date means nothing. Case closed.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

PureLoveTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
Quote from: "Grace"
The article says now:

posted on Saturday, 2nd July 2011 - [ 686 views ]

and:

Source : N/A

IMO the date is changing every day to make the article appear "new news" but in fact it's "old news" from last year.
The page source code (technical code of the site) reads:
<td width="55%" valign="top"><span class='O_TITLE'>Surprised? Conrad Murray Ordered to Stand Trial for Michael Jackson's Death</span><br/> <span class='date_format'>posted on Saturday, 2nd July 2011 - [ 686 views ]</span></td>

<span class='date_format'> is being used e.g. in this context:
attempting to format a Unix timestamp utilizing the date_format() variable modifier

If you don't want a variable changing date, span class should be "date" and not "date_format".

Conclusion: the programmer did use a variable date and the date "posted on" changes every day and thus this date means nothing. Case closed.

Thanks for the explanation Grace. Case closed, loved it. :lol:

Quote from: "TheMoonIsDancing"
Oh thank God! I really thought for awhile that this was true. Purelove, don't scare me like that!  afraid/

:lol: So we are still on for September, Conrad?
Its a date! Do not stand me up anymore! ;)

I'm sorry babes. I was scared too. It was published on July 1 and I thought it was about the coming up trial. I was thinking about what bail they are saying tho. :lol: SORRY GUYS.

bearhug
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions