Adam Ant for Vendetta?
July 04, 2011, 02:49:17 AM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
22 minutes ago by Johnny Lopez  

Here's British singer Adam Ant performing in London last weekend (left) -- and Hugo Weaving as V in the 2006 film "V for Vendetta" (right).

One of them blew up in the '80s.
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Adam Ant for Vendetta?
July 04, 2011, 02:50:42 AM
This gets pretty interesting when you google Adam Ant + Michael Jackson....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

July 04, 2011, 03:23:05 AM
:lol:  :lol:
The night I gave Michael Jackson fashion adviceLast updated at 09:34 03 September 2006

Comments (0) Add to My Stories  Riding high: At the height of Adam Ant's career, he was dishing out fashion advice to Michael Jackson. Click enlarge for full image
The ringing of a telephone cut sharply through my sleep. I fumbled for the receiver. 'Hello?' A soft, highpitched voice echoed down the line to me. 'Hello,' it repeated. 'Is that Adam Ant?' The voice had an American accent and sounded vaguely familiar, but my fuzzy brain reacted angrily.
See also
Adam Ant: King of the wild frontier
'Terry,' I said, thinking it was one of the Ants' drummers playing a prank. 'Stop p****** about. It's 4am and I'm trying to sleep.'
'No, it's not Terry,' said the voice. 'It's Michael. Is that Adam Ant?'
'Very funny, Terry, now f*** off.' I slammed the phone down, rolled over and tried to get back to sleep. The phone went again.
'Hello,' I barked into the receiver. 'Hi, no, really, it is me, Michael Jackson,' said the funny voice, 'and I just want to ask you...'
'Terry, if you don't stop this I'm going to come over there and f****** thump you.' Bang. Again the phone went down. Again I rolled over. Again the phone rang.
I grabbed the receiver and shouted: 'Terry! That's IT!'
'Er, hi, is that Adam Ant?' This time the voice was deep, sonorous, American and calm. It didn't sound anything like Terry.
'Oh, oh,' I stammered. 'Yes, this is Adam. Who are you?'
'I'm Quincy Jones, calling from LA. Sorry, we probably woke you, but I'm here with Michael Jackson and he'd like to speak with you. Is that OK?' A pause, and then that same soft voice. 'Hi, Adam, it's Michael. Sorry if we woke you.'
'Oh, no, sorry to have been so rude,' I apologised.
He said he had just seen the video for our song Kings Of The Wild Frontier. 'It's great,' he said. 'How did you get the tom-tom sound?'
'Oh, thanks. Well, we use two drum kits and then add loads of other percussion on top...'
'That's great, Adam,' Michael interrupted. 'I really like your
'Huh? My jacket?' I tried to think. 'Berman's and Nathan's in London's Covent Garden. They supply costumes for movies.'
'Wow. That's great,' he replied. 'How do you spell that? Bowman's and who?'
'No, B-E-R-M-A-N-apostrophe-S and N-A-T-H-A-N-apostrophe-S.'
'Great, thanks. Let's meet up next time you're in America, huh? Bye.'
The line went dead.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

July 04, 2011, 03:38:48 AM
penguin/      
[BBvideo 425,350:2zjgt2mw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27Tj-Xo_eqI[/BBvideo:2zjgt2mw]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

July 04, 2011, 08:30:49 AM
Thank you for sharing this with us. That was very interesting - he would have made a great aerobics instructor. I can also see where he liked the military look as well. It makes one wonder if he was Michael's first inspiration for that iconic look.

PS - I like his V look :) Is it just because of the 4th of July that this is being brought up today?

Blessings
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

July 04, 2011, 03:07:20 PM
Oops...  sorry i double posted.   mj_bad/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Always the Angel on My Shoulder

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
July 04, 2011, 07:49:58 PM
Quote from: "MJonmind"
:lol:  :lol:
The night I gave Michael Jackson fashion adviceLast updated at 09:34 03 September 2006

Comments (0) Add to My Stories  Riding high: At the height of Adam Ant's career, he was dishing out fashion advice to Michael Jackson. Click enlarge for full image
The ringing of a telephone cut sharply through my sleep. I fumbled for the receiver. 'Hello?' A soft, highpitched voice echoed down the line to me. 'Hello,' it repeated. 'Is that Adam Ant?' The voice had an American accent and sounded vaguely familiar, but my fuzzy brain reacted angrily.
See also
Adam Ant: King of the wild frontier
'Terry,' I said, thinking it was one of the Ants' drummers playing a prank. 'Stop p****** about. It's 4am and I'm trying to sleep.'
'No, it's not Terry,' said the voice. 'It's Michael. Is that Adam Ant?'
'Very funny, Terry, now f*** off.' I slammed the phone down, rolled over and tried to get back to sleep. The phone went again.
'Hello,' I barked into the receiver. 'Hi, no, really, it is me, Michael Jackson,' said the funny voice, 'and I just want to ask you...'
'Terry, if you don't stop this I'm going to come over there and f****** thump you.' Bang. Again the phone went down. Again I rolled over. Again the phone rang.
I grabbed the receiver and shouted: 'Terry! That's IT!'
'Er, hi, is that Adam Ant?' This time the voice was deep, sonorous, American and calm. It didn't sound anything like Terry.
'Oh, oh,' I stammered. 'Yes, this is Adam. Who are you?'
'I'm Quincy Jones, calling from LA. Sorry, we probably woke you, but I'm here with Michael Jackson and he'd like to speak with you. Is that OK?' A pause, and then that same soft voice. 'Hi, Adam, it's Michael. Sorry if we woke you.'
'Oh, no, sorry to have been so rude,' I apologised.
He said he had just seen the video for our song Kings Of The Wild Frontier. 'It's great,' he said. 'How did you get the tom-tom sound?'
'Oh, thanks. Well, we use two drum kits and then add loads of other percussion on top...'
'That's great, Adam,' Michael interrupted. 'I really like your
'Huh? My jacket?' I tried to think. 'Berman's and Nathan's in London's Covent Garden. They supply costumes for movies.'
'Wow. That's great,' he replied. 'How do you spell that? Bowman's and who?'
'No, B-E-R-M-A-N-apostrophe-S and N-A-T-H-A-N-apostrophe-S.'
'Great, thanks. Let's meet up next time you're in America, huh? Bye.'
The line went dead.

:lol: :lol: :lol: This was amazing, cracked me up here.  lolol/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree