Jackson Doctor's LA Court Hearing Postponed

[glow=blue:2h7dr82s]LOS ANGELES July 7, 2011 (AP)[/glow:2h7dr82s]

A hearing in the criminal case against Michael Jackson's doctor has been postponed because lawyers are bogged down viewing hundreds of hours of rehearsal footage from the singer's "This Is It" concert rehearsals

In a conference Wednesday, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor delayed a July 12 hearing to July 20 but said he wants to know then when the involuntary manslaughter trial of Dr. Conrad Murray can go forward. It is now set for Sept. 8.

Attorneys said they have been working daily since June 28 and have gotten through only one of 21 boxes of materials.

Prosecutors want to use the film to show Jackson was in good health while the defense seeks evidence he was ill.

Murray has pleaded not guilty in Jackson's 2009 overdose death.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." – Sir Winston Churchill

I thought the trial had been moved to January.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

Elsa

Quote from: "Tink.I.Am"
Prosecutors want to use the film to show Jackson was in good health while the defense seeks evidence he was ill.

Murray has pleaded not guilty in Jackson's 2009 overdose death.

The defense seeks evidence he was ill? Ill enough to need a Doctor?  Ill enough for the Doctor to say he shouldn't be rehearsing.  How would this help Dr Murrays' case?  The Prosecution should be using any evidence of deteriorating health to show that Dr Murray was not doing his job.  Didn't Kenny Ortega send MJ home from rehearsals to rest?  Wasn't it Dr Murray who said he was fine to rehearse and who insisted that MJ's health was his responsibility?  Isn't that the story?  

21 boxes!!! Have the Prosecutors and Defense lawyers been watching these together? I wonder if they'll realize they have their scripts mixed up -  'Hey, shouldn't you say that..?'
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

A hearing in the criminal case of Michael Jackson's doctor has been postponed because lawyers are bogged down viewing hundreds of hours of rehearsal footage from the singer's This Is It concert.

In a conference with lawyers on Wednesday, Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor accepted the requests to delay a July 12 hearing to July 20. He said he wants to know then when the involuntary manslaughter trial of Dr Conrad Murray can go forward. It is now set for September 8.

Prosecutors want to show jurors clips from the posthumous feature film This Is It to prove Jackson was healthy in the days before his death. The defence wants to show he was ill.

Murray, a Houston cardiologist with an office in Las Vegas, is accused of giving the superstar an overdose of the anaesthetic propofol and other sedatives when he could not sleep. Jackson died on June 15, 2009, in his rented Beverly Hills mansion where Murray had been attending him.

Murray has pleaded not guilty. The transcript of the conference with the judge and lawyers was released on Thursday.

[glow=red:34kxmohc]Lawyers indicated it will take weeks for them to view all of the relevant video recordings of Jackson. They said they have been working every day since June 28 and have gotten through only one of 21 boxes of materials.[/glow:34kxmohc]
"So far, we have found a lot of important stuff," said defence lawyer Nareg Gourjian.

Lawyers have been barred from discussing publicly any evidence they find in the videos.

Prosecutor Deborah Brazil said she has been working along with Gourjian, defence lawyer Ed Chernoff, Sony lawyer Kevin Vick and a technician going through material on computer hard drives.

Gourjian, who originally estimated there were 100 hours of footage from rehearsals, said he now believes there is much more.

"There are about eight to ten different cameras that were recording the rehearsals and each one has different views and different footage," he said. "So it is critical that we review the footage from each camera."

We've heard that there was over 100 hours and then it was about 80 hours (I think) and then there was barely enough for what we got and then it was there is enough for a sequel. I think we heard there was 2 or 3 camera's that shot footage and now this article says 8-10 cameras were recording rehearsals...nobody can seem to come up with a solid number on anything.

[glow=red:34kxmohc]Lawyers indicated it will take weeks for them to view all of the relevant video recordings of Jackson. They said they have been working every day since June 28 and have gotten through only one of 21 boxes of materials.[/glow:34kxmohc]

21 boxes (7+7+7=21)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

shamz

The court hearing is postponed to 26th of September 2011 people...might wanna check it out

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions