everlastinglove_MJTopic starter

Michael Jackson - Michael Jackson's Lawyers Battle To Save Art
07 July 2011 09:25:24

Michael Jackson's secret $900 million art collection is at the centre of a legal battle, after it was sold off for a tenth of its value.
Michael Jackson's lawyers are battling to save his $900 million secret art collection.
The late 'Thriller' star's "rare intact major collection" has just been discovered, but rather than securing the financial future of his three children - Prince, 13, Paris, 12, and Blanket, eight - lawyers for the star are battling to reverse its $87.7 million sale to an undisclosed international businessman.
Appraiser Eric Finzi told Star magazine the 182-piece collection, which has never publicly been seen, has "an invaluable pedigree for future sales in the international art market".
He added: "Michael's mystique in life combined with this exposure of his wonderful fine art creations following his tragic death will escalate the value of these works and the popularity of his artistic vision worldwide. I do not think we have begun to see the true value of this fine art yet."
The collection is made up of drawings, sketches and sculptures made by the 'Beat It' singer over a number of years while being taught by an Australian artist and friend, Brett Livingston Strong.
Among the artworks are sketches of Martin Luther King, President Abraham Lincoln and President George Washington, said to be worth in all, more than $8.1 million, sketches of Jackson's own feet doing his signature dance move the Moonwalk and recreations of the Statue of David and Dying Slave, the masterpiece of Renaissance sculpture by Michelangelo.
Before Michael died in August 2009 his estate was in financial trouble, yet a letter sent to Brett by Dr. Tohme Tohme - Jackson's last business manager and spokesperson - paved the way for the sale, transferring over the collection of artwork free of charge "to keep, sell, copy, exhibit and to use in whatever way you wish".
Brett and his advisors are thought to have orchestrated the deal to sell off the artwork recently.
[highlight=#bfff80:9x20q4fm]Lawyers are now questioning the validity of the letter and trying to reverse the sale.[/highlight:9x20q4fm]
[highlight=#bfff80:9x20q4fm]The letter transferring the works to Brett reads: "Michael wants you to know he is truly grateful for the loyalty you have shown him over the years, and he views this as a small token of appreciation for your continued friendship and artistic partnership."[/highlight:9x20q4fm]
<!-- m -->You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 03:38:33 PM by everlastinglove_MJ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

Thank you for sharing this with us. I question the validity of the letter too. I'm really quite puzzled by this because I just can't see Michael handing over something that he was keeping for his children and surely he would know the value. A person does not give a billion dollar asset away like that and the fact that he didn't actually sign it or initial it makes me question Thome Thome even more.

To be clear, this does not mean that I think Michael is dead. I 100% believe he's alive. But it's quite possible that he was not aware that this was done. Also, maybe we need to read between the lines...

I do find it kind of funny that this art collection, created by Michael's own hands, is worth as much or more than the Sony/ATV catalog. Something that "supposedly" so many people were trying to get their hands on. Yet, here was this art collection stored in an airport hanger.

So - this brings up the airport hanger. I can't help but wonder if there is a connection to the Hold My Hand video that was filmed at an airport hanger. I also keep thinking about Jermaine's airport slip-up and the MJ Air reference in TII.

Blessings
Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Guest
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

Quote from: "voiceforthesilent"
Thank you for sharing this with us. I question the validity of the letter too. I'm really quite puzzled by this because I just can't see Michael handing over something that he was keeping for his children and surely he would know the value. A person does not give a billion dollar asset away like that and the fact that he didn't actually sign it or initial it makes me question Thome Thome even more.

To be clear, this does not mean that I think Michael is dead. I 100% believe he's alive. But it's quite possible that he was not aware that this was done. Also, maybe we need to read between the lines...

I do find it kind of funny that this art collection, created by Michael's own hands, is worth as much or more than the Sony/ATV catalog. Something that "supposedly" so many people were trying to get their hands on. Yet, here was this art collection stored in an airport hanger.

So - this brings up the airport hanger. I can't help but wonder if there is a connection to the Hold My Hand video that was filmed at an airport hanger. I also keep thinking about Jermaine's airport slip-up and the MJ Air reference in TII.

Blessings

You're welcome :)
So - this brings up the airport hanger. I can't help but wonder if there is a connection to the Hold My Hand video that was filmed at an airport hanger. I also keep thinking about Jermaine's airport slip-up and the MJ Air reference in TII
Very perceptive! Airport hanger, Airport and MJ Air? Can we connect dots here?

LOVE
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

I truly must be blind.  I read that article 3 times and DO NOT see where it says the artwork was found in an airport hanger!!  Fill me in please...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Quote from: fordtocarr
I truly must be blind.  I read that article 3 times and DO NOT see where it says the artwork was found in an airport hanger!!  Fill me in please...

Quote from: fordtocarr
I truly must be blind.
Ford, don't worry about your visibility, you were right! In the article I posted no airport hanger <!-- s:? -->:?<!-- s:? --> . Though, here's another related article in which is said that the art is created in an airport hanger in Santa Monica.

Michael Jackson's $900 Million Art Fortune Revealed
July 6, 2011 by: KRISTIN WONG

Michael Jackson left behind an almost billion dollar art fortune. Star Magazine is reporting that the "secret" art fortune is now at the "center of an international tug of war."

According to the report, the vault has been sold out from underneath the Jackson children, who are supposed to inherit the fortune, and it was appraised at a whopping $902.52 million.

Eric Finzi, a certified member of the International Society of Appraisers, wrote: "Michael’s mystique in life combined with this exposure of his wonderful fine art creations following his tragic death will escalate the value of these works and the popularity of his artistic vision worldwide."

In addition to some political relics, the collection includes sculptures and sketches Jackson drew while being taught by close friend Brett-Livingston Strong, an Australian artist. The art was created at [highlight=#ff8040:1u2duxp6]a top-secret airport hanger at Santa Monica Airport.[/highlight:1u2duxp6]

Dr. Tohme Tohme, Jackson's last business manager, apparently sent a letter to the artist giving him ownership of the collection. But legal experts are now concerned that the letter may be a fake. A source close to the Jackson Family told Star:

"Michael's signature nor his initials are inked on the document that purports to gifts hundreds of millions of dollars to Strong, at a time when Michael was swamped in debt. It doesn't make sense that he would give it up."

Another insider told Star: "The successful bidder put down a payment of $37.7 million to secure the art and agreed to pay a further $50 million upon receipt of a release from the estate. That’s what raised the red flag."

The Jacksons are now working to challenge the document's validity.
<!-- m -->You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<!-- m -->
Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 03:41:39 PM by everlastinglove_MJ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions