You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Today's press conference in Los Angeles announced a tribute concert to Michael to be attended and supported by the Jackson Family. However, we want to make clear that this does not reflect the position of the entire family.

While we wholeheartedly support the spirit of a tribute that honors our brother, we find it impossible to support an event that is due to take place during the criminal trial surrounding Michael's death. As everyone knows, those proceedings commence September 20th, and this "Michael Forever" concert takes place in Cardiff, Wales, UK,on October 8th. In light of this, we feel it is inappropriate to be involved with such an ill-timed event and its promoter, Global Live.

Furthermore, the decision to proceed with this concert disrespects opinions and wishes expressed in the strongest terms to Global Live during conversations in April when this event was presented to the majority of the family as an idea already in its advanced stages.

There will come a time and place for an amazing and deserving tribute to Michael. But we feel that the most important tribute we can give to our brother at this time is to seek justice in his name.

JERMAINE JACKSON & RANDY JACKSON
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

“Your life is like a ship. You're the captain of it. The way you steer it is the way that it is going to go.” ~ Michael Jackson

Interesting, on the other forum I had mentioned how the trial is due to start Sept 8th and the tribute concert was on Oct 8th and the fact that there is no way that the trial is going to be done in that short amount of time. Hm...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
~Mish~

"Breathe in waves of doubt, bitter in your mouth" - Toad The Wet Sprocket

~Souza~

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thank you for sharing this information. It's odd that Jermaine is the one that is protesting this concert because he's the one that has had two (?) failed attempts at a tribute concert so far. What is the difference between now and when he was trying to do this - other than the fact that he's not involved (or so it seems).

There has to be more reason. My thought is that the family knows people will be wondering why they are doing this so close to the trial and someone had to be the bad guy...that being Jermaine and Randy. Any other reason?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

Thank you for sharing this information. It's odd that Jermaine is the one that is protesting this concert because he's the one that has had two (?) failed attempts at a tribute concert so far. What is the difference between now and when he was trying to do this - other than the fact that he's not involved (or so it seems).

There has to be more reason. My thought is that the family knows people will be wondering why they are doing this so close to the trial and someone had to be the bad guy...that being Jermaine and Randy. Any other reason?

Agreed
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
~Mish~

Someone has to keep the hoax going so Jermaine and Randy are doing it?

But the tribute is in itself referring to KJ's late son, Michael Jackson  :(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Sarahli

There will come a time and place for an amazing and deserving tribute to Michael.
For some reason this made me smile.  :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are here for you Michael and will always love you whatever happens.
'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
"You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them."

anewfan

I saw this tweet on my timeline today from Teddy Riley (retweeted by MJHOAXLIVE..I believe). It was originally from May 16th.

TeddyRiley1  TEDDY RILEY

THANK YOU GOD FOR THIS DAY I WILL REMEMBER. TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISE. I WAS BORN THE 8TH DAY OF OCT. THATS WHEN HE ROSE FROM THE DEAD.

Probably doesn't mean anything, but strange all the same.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Your true character is how you act when no one is looking.

I could definitely be wrong but I think since they are working with Globalive and not doing this tribute entirely on their own, things are written for them. I also think that the announcement on the site is written by someone else.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
~Mish~

all4loveandbelieve

How did I know this was going to be cancelled, I just told one of my friends.. This is too creepy afraid/.. I think I should just shut my mouth at times so things will not come true. lol..  One thing I will say out loud MICHAEL IS ALIVE.. HE WILL COME BACK.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

Do

It's not the first time Jermaine and Randy were oppossing a concert/tibute to Michael:

Saturday, July 21th 2001, 2:22AM
Jermaine and Randy Jackson won't be performing with brother Michael at his Madison Square Garden anniversary concert on Sept. 7, and they're going on the record about it.
The two Jackson brothers said they are "embarrassed" that Michael and his promoter, David Gest, have no charity in place to benefit from the two-concert event - for which the top ticket price is to be $5,000.
"With all the suffering that is taking place throughout the world," Jermaine said in a statement, "we feel the show's promoters should donate the proceeds to worthy charities."
Jermaine's statement also confirmed my original July 11 item on the concert, which, rumors to the contrary, was never going to be the first reunion of the Jackson 5 in 14 years.
The Jackson 2 were further galled that each was offered just $1,200 to perform with Michael, who stands to earn exponentially more than that.
Gest said that all the performers [except Michael] were making the same amount of money. He professed sadness over Jermaine's decision, but added, "This is an event for Michael Jackson. [Michael's other brothers] Jackie, Tito and Marlon will join their brother on stage." "While it would be a great honor to take the stage again with all our brothers," Jermaine and Randy said jointly, "we know that our fans, who were originally told this would be a Jackson 5 [Randy was not one of the original 5] reunion concert, were looking forward to us performing our greatest hits together without the assistance of any other act."
That said, Jermaine and Randy want Michael to know they hold no grudge against him. "Despite the aforementioned problems we have with the events surrounding the show," they said, "the Jackson family is united in their unfailing support of brother Michael and there is no rift between Michael and any of his family members."

Jul 23 2001 10:41 AM EDT 1,279
Michael Jackson Gala Criticized By Jermaine, Randy Jackson
Brothers annoyed by high ticket prices, celebrity guests.

Jermaine Jackson and Randy Jackson sent a letter to the media on Friday criticizing the concerts, which will feature Michael performing in the U.S. for the first time in 11 years, along with an all-star lineup of 'NSYNC, Britney Spears, Whitney Houston and more (see ).

The brothers, who are scheduled to perform with the other four Jacksons on stage for the first time since their 1984 Victory Tour, addressed their concerns about the prices of tickets for the events, which top out at $2,500.

"I am sorry Jermaine has chosen not to participate in this event," Gest said. "This is an event for Michael Jackson. It is a salute to a truly great and legendary artist. Jackie, Tito and Marlon, original members of the Jackson 5, will join their brother Michael onstage for this very special reunion... I only wish Jermaine the best on his solo career and hope he finally gets the attention he so justly deserves." Still, a spokesperson for the Jackson family told Reuters Friday that Jermaine and Randy may still perform. Although they have yet to sign a contract, "Jermaine and Randy are planning on attending their brother's event and performing with their brothers on stage," John McLaughlin said.

Jermaine's manager told the Associated Press that Jermaine had not dropped out, he just wanted to make sure early supporters of the Jackson 5 would be invited.

Jermaine and Randy wrote that they were unhappy about the "endless list of celebrities" lined up for the concerts.

"[Fans] were looking forward to us performing our greatest hits together without assistance from any other act," they wrote. "Performing together has been something that all the brothers and our parents have been looking forward to for 18 years. [We] do not think we should share this most precious and memorable moment with anyone." Tickets for both performances go on sale July 31 at 10 a.m. through Ticketmaster.

There will be donating to charities this time.
But now they are opposing the tribute because of the bad timing (trial).
Or could it be that again, they don't want to share the stage with other acts/artists?
(for that matter, if I was sure that Michael will be there on october 8, I also would prefer only The Jacksons and no other act!!)

I so wonder what is going on with the tribute on october 8, because after all, Jermaine and Randy did perform at the Madison Square Garden anniversary concert, so will they also show up on october 8???

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiVkCz12y0Y[/youtube]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Three passions, simple but overwhelmingly strong, have governed my life: the longing for love, the search for knowledge, and unbearable pity for the suffering of mankind."
Bertrand Russel

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
~Mish~

Thanks for posting, Do!
I had no idea Randy and Jermaine were against the 30th Anniversary. Interesting how history tends
to repeat itself ;).
I wouldn't be surprised if they end up going. I think they are simply stirring the waters since the tribute
has no real way to advertise the tribute. They can't use anything related to MJ except for flashes of him
walking out of his doctor's office (why not a childhood home video??). Obviously the tribute is strange
like everything else in this journey :) :) :) thats all I have to say.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions