use_your_illusionTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • If you're reading this...you owe me a dollar
Michael Jackson estate says it has no involvement in tribute show

The co-executors of the Michael Jackson estate, John Branca and John McClain, have released a statement confirming they have no involvement in the Michael Jackson tribute event that the late king of pop’s mother announced earlier this week. As previously reported, Katherine Jackson was joined by some of her other children to announce the ‘Michael Forever: The Tribute Concert’ event, which will take place in Cardiff on 8 Oct.

As also previously reported, two of Michael’s brothers not at the press conference, Jermaine and Randy, subsequently issued a statement saying they felt it was inappropriate to stage a big charity tribute show when Conrad Murray’s manslaughter trial in relation to their brother’s death was likely to still be going through the motions in court. Meanwhile Branca and McClain have now confirmed that the estate has no involvement in the event, and nor did they authorise the use of Michael’s name for it.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Do you give up yet?

"Meanwhile Branca and McClain have now confirmed that the estate has no involvement in the event, and nor did they authorise the use of Michael’s name for it."

Just thinking... maybe Branca and McClain will put an axe to the tribute because they didn't get the name authorized. That would be a good way to keep people from getting so ticked about the tickets vs. charity ordeal. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
~Mish~

"Breathe in waves of doubt, bitter in your mouth" - Toad The Wet Sprocket

bec

a statement saying they felt it was inappropriate to stage a big charity tribute show

Lol.

Well we knew this was coming.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

suspicious mind

Michael Jackson estate says it has no involvement in tribute show

The co-executors of the Michael Jackson estate, John Branca and John McClain, have released a statement confirming they have no involvement in the Michael Jackson tribute event that the late king of pop’s mother announced earlier this week. As previously reported, Katherine Jackson was joined by some of her other children to announce the ‘Michael Forever: The Tribute Concert’ event, which will take place in Cardiff on 8 Oct.

As also previously reported, two of Michael’s brothers not at the press conference, Jermaine and Randy, subsequently issued a statement saying they felt it was inappropriate to stage a big charity tribute show when Conrad Murray’s manslaughter trial in relation to their brother’s death was likely to still be [font=times new roman]going through the motions in court[/font]. Meanwhile Branca and McClain have now confirmed that the estate has no involvement in the event, and nor did they authorise the use of Michael’s name for it.

looks like another one of those double meaning things.   oh by the way i read something recently saying  that the law is actually written that way to have all double meaning , so that in effect the dude who can get the best lawyer really will probably win . ( paraphrasing here) hope i made some sort os sense. :-[ :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

MJonmind

Like chess, if Globalive goes through with it, the Estate will/could sue for them profiting off MJ's name. So I agree the event will not happen, but it sure has put MJ's name continually out there.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

would anyone say this also has the same flavor as the deal with allgood and the family reunion concert thing?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
The estate didn't involve in the tribute show because there had to be an excuse to cancel it.  ;) But we were told the theme is THRILLER! Got the clue? So let's hoax!   moonwalk_/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The estate didn't involve in the tribute show because there had to be an excuse to cancel it.  ;) But we were told the theme is THRILLER! Got the clue? So let's hoax!   moonwalk_/
Yessss, let's HOAX people  ;D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions