use_your_illusionTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • If you're reading this...you owe me a dollar
ANGER AT MICHAEL JACKSON TRIBUTE CONCERT TICKETING SYSTEM

Fans hoping to go to the Michael Jackson tribute concert will be picked by the amount of money they donate to charity on top of the ticket price.

Chris Hunt, boss of gig organisers Global Live Events, told CNN profits from the October 8 Michael Forever show would go to charities in the United States and Britain. These are The Prince’s Trust, Aids Project Los Angeles and a cancer charity.

But fans logging on to buy tickets, which will not be available until August 4, are told: “Choose your ticket price and tell us how much you will give to the charities at the time of purchase.

“Remember the more you pledge to charity, the more chance you have of getting a ticket.

“Tickets will range from £55 to £289 plus shipping. The amount of your pledge is up to you.”

Jacko fan Daniel Robertson, from Cardiff, was appalled. The 32-year-old and his wife Ceri want five tickets for themselves and their three children.

The British Gas worker, of Mynachdy Road, Gabalfa, said: “It’s going to be like a lottery for the rich for myself and my family because the ticket prices are really high.

“They are steep ticket prices regardless, and then you have to donate to charity.

“I do a lot of work for the MS Society but it is wrong that you should be considered by the amount of money you can give to charity.”

On the concert’s Facebook page Caroline Rowley, who also lives in Cardiff, said: “What an utter disgrace. Choose what price you want to pay and then donate to a charity?

“The more you donate the more you stand to get a ticket? Disgusting.”

Mayah Thomas said: “Makes no sense does it?”

Jackie Segers claimed donations should go to Africa “to honour Michael”.

“I’ll gladly donate then, even if I can’t attend,” she said.

Ben Baggins expressed his “deepest and most sincere indifference”.

“I give my money directly to charities,” he added.

Natascha Derycke branded the affair “so sad”.

The Echo contacted Global Live and was referred to PR company Franklin Rae.

A spokeswoman claimed she was not aware of the situation and was unable to comment.

The Millennium Stadium is owned by the WRU.

A spokesman said: “We will, as usual, ensure that all ticket distribution complies with the stadium’s obligations.”

He insisted the company only provided the venue, adding: “We will ensure that the promoter is aware of any concerns raised in relation to the sale and distribution of tickets to the concert.”

The show’s official website  sets out a two-stage process to obtain tickets:

Stage One
Register your interest, choose your ticket price and tell us how much you will give to the charities at the time of purchase.

Remember, the more you pledge to charity, the more chance you have of getting a ticket. Tickets will range from £55 to £289 plus shipping. The amount of your pledge is up to you.

A number of special VIP Packages will be available details to follow soon.

The Registration period will last 76 hours from 8pm British Summer Time on Thursday 4 August 2011 until midnight British Summer Time on Sunday 7 August 2011.

Stage Two
If you are successful you will be invited to purchase a ticket within the price band you have selected. “Your charity donation which you pledged at registration will be collected at the same time as you pay for the tickets.”

Full details can be found here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Do you give up yet?

Do

This reminds me a lot of the "ticketlottery" at the Victorytour in 1984. Michael didn't agree with the way tickets were sold back then, and donated all of his procedings to charity. I wonder if he has anything to do with this 'tribute' concert. I don't understand any of this anymore. Is it all about the money after all (by the family, not by Michael of course) or do we have to read between the lines again?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Three passions, simple but overwhelmingly strong, have governed my life: the longing for love, the search for knowledge, and unbearable pity for the suffering of mankind."
Bertrand Russel

Charity which is forced upon someone, is not charity at all.  I can not believe Michael would condone this type of ticket sale.

Blessings
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Charity which is forced upon someone, is not charity at all.  I can not believe Michael would condone this type of ticket sale.

Blessings

I completely agree!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
~Mish~

"Breathe in waves of doubt, bitter in your mouth" - Toad The Wet Sprocket

Michael would be vey upset about this type of ticket arrangement!  The only people that could afford this type of "charity payment" plus the cost of tickets, are people with money and the highest bidder would be picked to get a ticket.  I thought this was for Michael's fans.  There comes a time when you have to think logically, especially if you have to buy an airline ticket and hotel stay that most of us would not be able to afford such a luxury, plus the economy is still down everywhere. 

Unless this is part of Michael's BAM!?!?!?   ::P
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
MICHAEL...
The Light of GOD Surrounds You
The Love of GOD Enfolds You
The Power of GOD Protects You
Amen

November

I really hope it's not. I would hope Michael would want everyone to enjoy the experience not just those that were chosen because they have the money.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
~Mish~

"Breathe in waves of doubt, bitter in your mouth" - Toad The Wet Sprocket

use_your_illusionTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • If you're reading this...you owe me a dollar
To me this could be part of the BAM if fans can't get tickets for a show that won't happen then that's good so that they don't waste money and spending money to get there...maybe the highest bids will come from MJ or maybe this is just to cover up the fact no tickets will actually be selling.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Do you give up yet?

Blessings
I agree with this completley!;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ANGER AT MICHAEL JACKSON TRIBUTE CONCERT TICKETING SYSTEM

Fans hoping to go to the Michael Jackson tribute concert will be picked by the amount of money they donate to charity on top of the ticket price.

Chris Hunt, boss of gig organisers Global Live Events, told CNN profits from the October 8 Michael Forever show would go to charities in the United States and Britain. These are The Prince’s Trust, Aids Project Los Angeles and a cancer charity.

But fans logging on to buy tickets, which will not be available until August 4, are told: “Choose your ticket price and tell us how much you will give to the charities at the time of purchase.

“Remember the more you pledge to charity, the more chance you have of getting a ticket.

“Tickets will range from £55 to £289 plus shipping. The amount of your pledge is up to you.”

Jacko fan Daniel Robertson, from Cardiff, was appalled. The 32-year-old and his wife Ceri want five tickets for themselves and their three children.

The British Gas worker, of Mynachdy Road, Gabalfa, said: “It’s going to be like a lottery for the rich for myself and my family because the ticket prices are really high.

“They are steep ticket prices regardless, and then you have to donate to charity.

“I do a lot of work for the MS Society but it is wrong that you should be considered by the amount of money you can give to charity.”

On the concert’s Facebook page Caroline Rowley, who also lives in Cardiff, said: “What an utter disgrace. Choose what price you want to pay and then donate to a charity?

“The more you donate the more you stand to get a ticket? Disgusting.”

Mayah Thomas said: “Makes no sense does it?”

Jackie Segers claimed donations should go to Africa “to honour Michael”.

“I’ll gladly donate then, even if I can’t attend,” she said.

Ben Baggins expressed his “deepest and most sincere indifference”.

“I give my money directly to charities,” he added.

Natascha Derycke branded the affair “so sad”.

The Echo contacted Global Live and was referred to PR company Franklin Rae.

A spokeswoman claimed she was not aware of the situation and was unable to comment.

The Millennium Stadium is owned by the WRU.

A spokesman said: “We will, as usual, ensure that all ticket distribution complies with the stadium’s obligations.”

He insisted the company only provided the venue, adding: “We will ensure that the promoter is aware of any concerns raised in relation to the sale and distribution of tickets to the concert.”

The show’s official website  sets out a two-stage process to obtain tickets:

Stage One
Register your interest, choose your ticket price and tell us how much you will give to the charities at the time of purchase.

Remember, the more you pledge to charity, the more chance you have of getting a ticket. Tickets will range from £55 to £289 plus shipping. The amount of your pledge is up to you.

A number of special VIP Packages will be available details to follow soon.

The Registration period will last 76 hours from 8pm British Summer Time on Thursday 4 August 2011 until midnight British Summer Time on Sunday 7 August 2011.

Stage Two
If you are successful you will be invited to purchase a ticket within the price band you have selected. “Your charity donation which you pledged at registration will be collected at the same time as you pay for the tickets.”

Full details can be found here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

OMG   I live in Cardiff ..and yesterday went onto the Tribute facebook page and made the above quote printed here ..saying what a disgrace ...and have just logged into this site it is printed    whooop whooop    thank you
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

You're Caroline Rowley? So they want to gather support for pressuring the organizers to change it?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You're Caroline Rowley? So they want to gather support for pressuring the organizers to change it?
    Lol   I am indeed ... basically the Welsh Rugby Union who own the Millenium stadium (second biggest staydium in the world) and a stones throw away from my house ...are stating that it is now down to the Welsh rugby union how the tickets are sold .. it is down to the organisors of the Tribute concert ... welsh fans are up in air about how the tickets are being sold ...making a larger donation to the Tributes charity of choice... will enable people a better chance of obtaining a ticket ... which is a total disgrace ...to true fans and people on low incomes 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Lol   I am indeed ... basically the Welsh Rugby Union who own the Millenium stadium (second biggest stadium in the world ) are saying that it is not them who are allocating ticket sales ...it is the Michael Jackson Tribute ...and they want to allocate tickets on how much you donate to a charity of their choice ...the more you donate to charity ...the better chance you get of a ticket ...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

LOVEforMJ1995

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Study the greats, and become greater - MJ
I was thinking exactly the same thing about the victory tour! It's kinda like déjà vu! :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You can always dream, and your dreams can come true. But you have to make them come true"-Michael Jackson

Grace

What is located at the address of Global Live Events LLP in Bristol?
A bar with the name "Humbug".
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal