all4loveandbelieveTopic starter

Sorry if this has been posted, if so please delete with this new forum it is harder to figure out.

Michael Jackson - Michael Jackson Tour Rehearsals Will Not Be Shown In Court
26 July 2011 09:18:27 AM

Michael Jackson Tour Rehearsals Will Not Be Shown In Court

Jurors in the Michael Jackson manslaughter case will not be shown previously unseen footage of the singer's final rehearsals for his 'This Is It' tour, a judge has ruled as he doesn't believe it adds anything to the trial.

Jurors in the Michael Jackson manslaughter case will not be shown footage of the singer's final rehearsals for his 'This Is It' tour, a judge has ruled.

Jackson's former physician Dr. Conrad Murray faces a charge of involuntary manslaughter - after the 'Thriller' hitmaker died of acute Propofol intoxication while under Murray's care in June 2009 - and his lawyers wanted the jury to watch the previously unseen clips as they claimed they showed him in good health, ahead of his 50-night residency at London's O2.

However, Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor says footage - which was taken just days before his tragic death - will not add anything to the case, even though he agrees that Jackson was not in poor health.

He said: "There is absolutely nothing in those materials that could have been of assistance to the defence."

Pastor also agreed with the lawyers for Sony Pictures Entertainment that the clips have significant value and should not be publicly shown without a good reason.

He added: "There are materials which I viewed which I would regard as extremely valuable to Sony."

Murray has been accused of administering the medication and failing to provide proper care leading to Jackson's death, but in recent months, his lawyers have suggested the singer gave himself the lethal dose.

Murray - who faces up to four years in prison if convicted - has pleaded not guilty to the charges.

Jury selection is scheduled to begin on September 8.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I am wondering how come they are not showing TII footage.. I guess they saw Michael healthy..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

Sorry if this has been posted, if so please delete with this new forum it is harder to figure out.

Michael Jackson - Michael Jackson Tour Rehearsals Will Not Be Shown In Court
26 July 2011 09:18:27 AM

Michael Jackson Tour Rehearsals Will Not Be Shown In Court

Jurors in the Michael Jackson manslaughter case will not be shown previously unseen footage of the singer's final rehearsals for his 'This Is It' tour, a judge has ruled as he doesn't believe it adds anything to the trial.

Jurors in the Michael Jackson manslaughter case will not be shown footage of the singer's final rehearsals for his 'This Is It' tour, a judge has ruled.

Jackson's former physician Dr. Conrad Murray faces a charge of involuntary manslaughter - after the 'Thriller' hitmaker died of acute Propofol intoxication while under Murray's care in June 2009 - and his lawyers wanted the jury to watch the previously unseen clips as they claimed they showed him in good health, ahead of his 50-night residency at London's O2.

However, Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor says footage - which was taken just days before his tragic death - will not add anything to the case, even though he agrees that Jackson was not in poor health.

He said: "There is absolutely nothing in those materials that could have been of assistance to the defence."

Pastor also agreed with the lawyers for Sony Pictures Entertainment that the clips have significant value and should not be publicly shown without a good reason.

He added: "There are materials which I viewed which I would regard as extremely valuable to Sony."

Murray has been accused of administering the medication and failing to provide proper care leading to Jackson's death, but in recent months, his lawyers have suggested the singer gave himself the lethal dose.

Murray - who faces up to four years in prison if convicted - has pleaded not guilty to the charges.

Jury selection is scheduled to begin on September 8.

I am wondering how come they are not showing TII footage.. I guess they saw Michael healthy..

Yep ,Yep
Flanagan:
"Even on his bad days, he's good." :lol: lolol/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

Interesting:

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Grace

Judge Michael E. Pastor (source: TMZ)

We may expect a heated trial not only because Michael will be influencing it.
If Judge Pastor is now judging commercial interests of Sony to be more important than Doc Murray's interests for a fair trial, I'd notice this as a potential conflict of interest.

It is remarkable, that Judge Pastor cited a kind of similar case of Chevron vs. Berlinger where film material was used as a medium of proof in another lawsuit and was not protected by press privilege.

However, Judge Pastor decided not in favour of disclosing the rehearsal footage, even depreciating it as "waste of time" and "not important to the case".
It is a controversy of Doc Murray's due process rights vs. Sony's rights to commercialize their intellectual property (if it's their right and not Michael's. As to my knowledge, Sony only purchased the film rights - but that deal doesn't necessarily include all intellectual property rights.)

It is quite astounding that - after allegedly having watched the material - Judge Pastor changed his mind by a U-turn and now excluded evidence from the trial.
That brings some new spin into the dance.

When evidence has been excluded by a trial court ruling, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login(a)(2) requires an offer of proof to preserve the issue for appeal.  Without an offer of proof in the trial record, an appellate court cannot review the trial court’s ruling to determine whether or not the action of the trial court is harmless error.

This is the cached transcript of the old basis subpoena of June 16, 2011 which has been removed meanwhile but which offers some more insights than the media's shrunk articles.

And this is the AFP press information on Judge Pastor's last week's film review at Sony's:
Jurors who will decide if Michael Jackson's doctor killed the pop icon will not be allowed to see footage of the star rehearsing in the days before his 2009 death, a judge ruled Monday. [add: July 25, 2011]

Judge Michael Pastor went to Sony Pictures Studios last week to view footage of Jackson preparing for a series of comeback concerts, but he said it could be commercially sensitive for Sony and was of no use to the trial. [...]

The judge said he spent several hours watching some of the footage, including Jackson rehearsing "The Way You Make Me Feel" on June 23, 2009, and "Earth Song" the following day -- the day before he died.

"As far as I'm concerned, it was a waste of my time to go over there," said the judge at the Los Angeles Superior Court.

More about July 20/25, 2011:

Interview with Flanagan:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeP3QgrAqhg[/youtube]

Is this new direction of the court in favour of Sony indicating another liaison which went unnoticed so far?

More about other assumed connections of Judge Pastor:
The following is the federal criminal-civil rights Complaint that was filed in the U.S. Attorney's Office in Los Angeles, CA  against Superior Court judge Michael Pastor and the Medical Board of California (MBC) on January 24, 2011. The Complaint speaks for itself, but I believe it demonstrates why judge Pastor cannot preside over Dr. Murray's involuntary manslaughter trial without violating Murray's constitutional due process and other rights.  If the U.S. Constitution has any meaning at all, and if judge Pastor and the Superior Court of California has any respect at all for the Constitution, there must be a new judge assigned to preside over Dr. Murray's involuntary manslaughter trial in March (now rescheduled for September of this year), in order to protect, inter alia, Murray's right to a fair trial.   
[...]
However, judge Michael Pastor is set to preside over Murray's trial, and that is not good news for Dr. Murray.  It is clear that Dr. Murray will not receive a fair trial, because one cannot receive a fair trial from an unfair judge.   And, judge Pastor has demonstrated prejudicial and/or discriminatory conduct towards Dr. Murray already and that cannot be changed.  Judge Pastor has acted to violate Dr. Murray's stautory and constitutional rights to both due process and equal protection of the law with respect to Murray's medical license suspension, and that prevents him (judge Pastor) from being fair.  And, not surprisingly (because the Justice Department does not prosecute California judges for civil rights violations), the Justice Department (despite a federal criminal-civil rights complaint filed against judge Pastor) thusfar has not acted to remove judge Pastor from Dr. Murray's trial.  Dr. Murray should have a different judge for his criminal trial.

These are general issues not only concerning the Superior Court or Judge Pastor but L.A. courts and L.A. county:
Are Local Judges Serving Two Masters?
Paul Moyer: While every other county in the state has stopped paying judicial benefits or is cutting back on them, LA County is still giving local state judges a big double dip…$40,000 in extra health and training benefits …$40,000 for each judge, each year, in addition to the six-figure salaries plus benefits they get from the state.

Richard Fine said the California Court system went bad in 1988 when the County of Los Angeles County , the biggest user of the Los Angeles Court system, began illegally paying California State judges (there are 450 in LA) cash payments of $46,000. per year to each judge, These judges in turn began making rulings in favor of the County in Children's Services (parents lose their children), Eminent Domain ( County takes private property) , Criminal (citizens jailed, and lose their children, property, and assets) and Housing cases

Mr. Schwarzenegger signed a bill on Feb 20, 2009 that declared additional third-party payments to judges legal (in retrospective).
SEC.  5.   Notwithstanding  any  other  law,  no  governmental  entity,  or officer or employee of a  governmental entity, shall incur any liability or be subject to prosecution or disciplinary action because of benefits provided to a judge under the official action of a governmental entity prior to the effective date of this act on the ground that those benefits were not authorized under law.

Information about other Superior Court of L.A. corruption cases:

A comment:
Yessir, just last February, as a matter of fact. But, instead of taking back the illegal $46,000 that they give each judge, they added another $11,000/yr. These are payments that the judges aren't entitled to, in fact ruled ILLEGAL. And heres the crazy part, these judges all knew the money they got from the county, to help cut the county's litigation costs, was illegal, but, not one of them had the integrity to step foward, as required by their wn code of ethics, and the law,making ALL of them guilty of multiple felonies, and not quailfied to be a judge. So basically California, mainly LA our judges are imposters, once they broke the law they ceased being a judge. LA county has no judges, they're all impersonating a judge, which is another felony.

Corruption in the Courts, Los Angeles, San Bernardino, California

US Attorney Birotte effectively patronizes the LA-JR (alleged Los Angeles Judiciary Racket). The two main forms of alleged racketeering are large scale false imprisonment, to cover up drug trading by law enforcement, and financial and real estate fraud. Corruption of the California courts was noted in 2010 by the United Nations, but the US government continues to refuse to perform its duties and obligations. Conditions in Los Angeles County are a Human Rights disgrace of historic proportions. Corruption of the justice system is also a central cause of the current financial/economic crisis.

Corrupt LA FBI, judges, U.S. banksters named in UN report

We discussed corruption in the U.S. / Cali court system before:

Let's wait what else will be disclosed in the future.
Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 05:03:11 PM by Grace
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal