Lupus (from an MD standpoint)
August 01, 2011, 12:07:43 PM
I know that there has been a lot of talk about Lupus so if you want to move this thread that is fine. I just wanted to give some new information. I was talking with a doctor about Lupus and they said that Lupus is a very serious disease with a definite lower mortality rate. Lupus commonly affects African Americans over other racial populations. However, this is usually systemic lupus. Discoid lupus, which is what Michael had, is a mild form of the disease. However, the doctor said that systemic lupus is very hard on the kidneys and a lot of different organs and that people who get lupus very early on in their early to late 20s will normally develop systemic lupus, which is when Michael was diagnosed. There was a post that talked about La Toya saying Michael had kidney problems so I was wondering if Michael's lupus did in fact worsen from discoid to systemic. That could explain why sometimes it felt like Michael thought he was going to die young...like in the Glenda tapes (I can't remember the exact quote) or telling Paris he might not be here for Father's day and things like that. So maybe he really wasn't healthy enough to do the London concerts and when they forced him to do 50, he truly knew that they were out to kill him? I don't know...I'm just trying to come up with scenarios. Sorry again if this was already talked about but I just wanted to give you guys some first hand input from an actual MD.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You can't do your best when you're doubting yourself. If you don't believe in yourself, who will?" - Michael Jackson...Moonwalk

all4loveandbelieve

Re: Lupus (from an MD standpoint)
August 01, 2011, 01:26:00 PM
Michael did not have Lupus. I know what lupus is all about. I lost my best friend my childhood friend from lupus. I saw her suffering, hurting everywhere. She did not have any strength to move, to talk. She swelled up, her organs did not function properly, she lost hair, her teeth. She couldn't stay under the sun too long. Michael use to walk under an umbrella due to vitiligo. Once you bleached your skin, if you go back under the sun, you get dark again, with patches. I know this too, because my haitian friend has vitiligo, and he bleached his skin. I don't know what he used, but he is white now. He always walks around with sun glasses, cap on and long sleeves even when it is 40C outside, hot and humide. If and I said if Michael has lupus it is not very strong lupus. His family would have said it that he has lupus, they never mentioned anything of this desease. blessings.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

SpokenTruth

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Spread the truth & spread the love.
August 01, 2011, 02:21:07 PM
His right hand often got swollen.

La Toya speaks alot of truth.
Michael was not a healthy man at the end, skin and bones.
The few pix of him without sunglasses his eyes were so empty.
It hurts looking at pictures of him from late 2008 up until his death.

But I do not believe the disease killed him.
They knew he was sick, and they took advantage of it and put him under alot of pressure and stress.
And from what Michael has said what he undergoes before a tour, I can indeed see how that 02 shows would have become his death.
But it was murder!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
August 01, 2011, 02:36:42 PM
Thank you for sharing the info with us MichaelsAngel. I don't think Michael had lupus or his lupus wasn't on a very serious level. My friend's mom has lupus and she can barely walk. We saw Michael dancing in TII and I saw a strong, healthy man in TII and I never believe that Michael have serious health problems. Yes, he was thin in TII but I never saw Michael chubby. And preparing a big hoax must have made a huge pressure on him which probably caused him lose some weight.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

August 01, 2011, 02:53:31 PM
Spoken Truth...just curious as to what draws you here as you sound so certain that Michael was murdered...

Also, in my humble opinion, it doesn't "hurt" to look at him at any time in his life. In fact, as handsome as he was as a younger man I love the maturity of the older Michael. Maybe it's because I'm close to the same age, IDK. I don't see what you see I guess, which is fine.

Lastly, Dr Klein has said that Michael has Lupus. Every case is not the same even so the severity of one is not the same as the next. Also - Lupus can go it remission.

Doctor Klein know that Michael Jackson had lupus erythematosus
  Debbie Rowe Plastic Surgery, Michael Jackson S Dermatologist, Dr Arnold Klein, Dr Arnie Klein, Anak Michael Jackson -
Dr. Arnie Klein, dermatologist to the stars, had a long-term association with Michael Jackson. The professor of medicine and dermatology at UCLA was also Jackson's friend.

ome are speculating that Klein is also the biological father of Jackson's children.

In a wide-ranging interview with CNN's Larry King on Wednesday night, Klein addresses those allegations, along with issues such as Jackson's skin diseases, what he knew about Jackson's drug use, medications he prescribed, his thoughts on Debbie Rowe and much more.

The following interview has been edited for brevity and clarity:
Larry King: Doctor, how did you first meet Michael?

Dr. Arnie Klein, Michael Jackson's dermatologist: I met Michael because someone had brought him into my office. I took one look at him, and I said you have lupus erythematosus.

King: Lupus?

Klein: Lupus, yes. He had a red butterfly rash, and he also had severe crusting you could see on the scalp. ... So I then did a biopsy. I diagnosed lupus. And then our relationship went from there.

King: Let's fast forward. You saw him the Monday before he died. What was the purpose of the visit?

Klein: He came to me because, basically, I was sort of rebuilding his face, because he had severe acne and scarring. He had scarring from having a lot of cosmetic surgery. ... I was rebuilding his face so he looked much more normal. And contrary to what people said, he could not take off his nose. His nose was attached. But it looked too small.

(REF URL You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Definition Lupus is a chronic inflammatory disease that occurs when your body's immune system attacks your own tissues and organs. Inflammation caused by lupus can affect many different body systems, including your joints, skin, kidneys, blood cells, heart and lungs.
Lupus occurs more frequently in women, though it isn't clear why. Four types of lupus exist — systemic lupus erythematosus, discoid lupus erythematosus, drug-induced lupus erythematosus and neonatal lupus. Of these, systemic lupus erythematosus is the most common and serious form of lupus.
The outlook for people with lupus was once grim, but diagnosis and treatment of lupus has improved considerably. With treatment, most people with lupus can lead active lives.

Symptoms CLICK TO ENLARGE
Lupus facial rash
  No two cases of lupus are exactly alike. Signs and symptoms may come on suddenly or develop slowly, may be mild or severe, and may be temporary or permanent. Most people with lupus have mild disease characterized by episodes — called flares — when signs and symptoms get worse for a while, then improve or even disappear completely for a time.
The signs and symptoms of lupus that you experience will depend on which body systems are affected by the disease. But, in general, lupus signs and symptoms may include:

• Fatigue
  • Fever
  • Weight loss or gain
  • Joint pain, stiffness and swelling
  • Butterfly-shaped rash (malar rash) on the face that covers the cheeks and bridge of the nose
  • Skin lesions that appear or worsen with sun exposure
  • Mouth sores
  • Hair loss (alopecia)
  • Fingers and toes that turn white or blue when exposed to cold or during stressful periods (Raynaud's phenomenon)
  • Shortness of breath
  • Chest pain
  • Dry eyes
  • Easy bruising
  • Anxiety
  • Depression
  • Memory loss
When to see a doctor
If you develop an unexplained rash, ongoing fever, persistent aching or fatigue, see your doctor.
If you've already been diagnosed with lupus, meet with your doctor on a regular basis so that your condition and treatment can be monitored. Make an appointment with your doctor if new symptoms arise.

Answer Unfortunately, yes. A majority of people with lupus experience some hair loss (alopecia, pronounced al-o-PE-she-uh), whether they have a form of lupus that affects several organs or a form that mainly affects the skin. Most of the time, though, lupus is unlikely to cause complete or permanent hair loss.
Hair loss may be an early sign of lupus, before the disease is diagnosed. Lupus causes widespread inflammation, almost always involving your skin — particularly, on your face and scalp. Because of this inflammation and other factors, the hair on your scalp may gradually thin out, although a few people lose clumps of hair instead. Loss of eyebrow, eyelash, beard and body hair is also possible.
Although lupus-related hair loss can be alarming, your hair is likely to grow back when your lupus is treated. The signs and symptoms of lupus often go into remission for long periods, but the disease tends to flare back up unpredictably. You may experience hair loss again if you have a lupus flare.
Some people with lupus develop a rash with round lesions (discoid rash) on the scalp. Because discoid lesions scar your hair follicles, they do cause permanent hair loss.
If your hair is falling out, consult your doctor to find out why. Unless you're already being treated for lupus or you have other signs and symptoms the disease, your hair loss probably has a different cause. Among the possibilities are medications, hormonal changes, thyroid disorders, nutritional deficiencies, stress and recent fever.

Types of lupus
Four types of lupus exist. Although similar, each type of lupus has a different prognosis and treatment.

• Systemic lupus erythematosus can affect nearly any part of your body. Body systems most commonly involved include the skin, joints, lungs, kidneys and blood. When people talk about lupus, they're usually referring to systemic lupus erythematosus.
  • Discoid lupus erythematosus affects only the skin. People with discoid lupus, also called cutaneous lupus, experience a circular rash on the face, neck and scalp. A small number of people with discoid lupus may develop systemic lupus erythematosus, though it isn't possible to predict who will develop the more serious form of lupus.
  • Drug-induced lupus erythematosus occurs after you take certain prescription medications. Not everyone who takes these medications develops lupus. Drug-induced lupus affects a wide variety of body systems. Signs and symptoms usually go away when you stop taking the medication that caused your lupus.
  • Neonatal lupus is a rare form of lupus that affects newborn babies. A mother with certain antibodies that are linked to autoimmune diseases can pass them to the developing fetus — even if the mother has no signs or symptoms of an autoimmune disease. The antibodies can cause neonatal lupus. A baby with neonatal lupus may experience a rash in the weeks following birth. Neonatal lupus may last several months before disappearing. More-serious cases can cause a problem with the electrical system of the heart (congenital heart block).

Blessings.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

August 01, 2011, 03:41:02 PM
Thank you guys for all the added info. I was just curious as to the severity of it since it appears that it is likely to get worse rather than better over the years. Also, on one of Geraldo's shows, his daughter's father in law who is also a doctor said that Michael had a lot of rhinoplasties because his nose needed to be reconstructed because the lupus was affecting the surrounding skin but I wasn't sure how lupus could damage the cartilage like that? I do believe that Michael's condition couldn't have been that severe because he obviously could dance like he was in his 20s but I was just trying to clear up some contradictions about his health and appearance. All of the reports are just so confusing.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You can't do your best when you're doubting yourself. If you don't believe in yourself, who will?" - Michael Jackson...Moonwalk

suspicious mind

August 01, 2011, 04:12:13 PM
i have an aunt who was supposed to have had lupus in the past. i don't know, it a once you have you have it kind of thing or not. this was about ten years ago and from what i can tell she has moved on to a couple more ailments if you know what i mean  penguin/ ;)) .  also just this summer i was at a waterpark and there whas this lady there with full body vitaligo. it was all in circular patterns with various shades from sort of a goldish color to white ( seems like maybe she was a redhead).anyway she was in the pool. so i approached her about it . she said that she not really supposed to be in the sun but sometimes it was just too hot, so she said she just uses a good high level of sunscreen. she said that the sort of golden tone was actually tan. i saw her as she was leaving the waterpark area to go in the other part of the park . she was dressed in light colored shorts and top with like a ball cap type of hat. makes you wonder. suspicious//
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

suspicious mind

August 01, 2011, 04:16:53 PM
something else my daughter mentioned not long ago. something about people with a certain dna combination or something when photographed it showed up like a tiger(?) pattern.( not word for word , and she is not here right now to confirm the details but i thought it was interesting.)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

SpokenTruth

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Spread the truth & spread the love.
August 01, 2011, 04:43:49 PM

Not a healthy man.

When he was alot younger, yes he was thin, but healthy. Later on he was healthy and had flesh on his bones, Yum :-)
But then in 2008 he really started to dissapear. It is a big difference to be thin and healthy, and underweight and unhealthy.

You can't compare a 20, 30 or 40 year old to a 50 year old.

And sorry to break it to ya, but the dance moves in this is it, was not A+ It looked like he was going to break to pieces. So thin.
The man was not well.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

all4loveandbelieve

August 01, 2011, 04:44:52 PM
You also have to understand he was 50, (when he supposedly died) I am 51 and I consider myself in very good health.Believe it or not, you start feeling your joint hurting, especially when you are seated for a long time, and you want to get up, yeah you feel it.  lolol/ So if Michael was in pain, he is also at a certain age where you start having artritis, etc... It does not mean he had lupus. 50 is not old, but you are approaching the 60's.. whether you like it or not, we are getting old.
Michael is in good health, and if you saw emptiness in your eyes, it is not because he was sick, it is because he had to hoax his death, leave everything he loves behind, his family, his children, how can you not have emptiness in your eyes. I am a mother, I would leave my millions behind to stay with my children, money cannot buy happiness, but your family can buy you happiness. Michael always said it his family first, and his fans second. So please spare us the melodrama that he was sick, so frail, sick with lupus, with lungs problem because I do not buy anything of that. Lou Ferrigno his trainer said he was in very good health.. BLESSINGS.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Michael Jackson

all4loveandbelieve

August 01, 2011, 04:49:22 PM

Not a healthy man.

When he was alot younger, yes he was thin, but healthy. Later on he was healthy and had flesh on his bones, Yum :-)
But then in 2008 he really started to dissapear. It is a big difference to be thin and healthy, and underweight and unhealthy.

You can't compare a 20, 30 or 40 year old to a 50 year old.

And sorry to break it to ya, but the dance moves in this is it, was not A+ It looked like he was going to break to pieces. So thin.
The man was not well.

STOP SAYING THAT..  in TII if you noticed, he knew already that he will hoax his death, this was suppose to be a movie all along, why would he dance or sing if it was just a  practice. Plus I do not see he is sick in the pictures you have posted. please read what I have written, before this repost.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Michael Jackson

August 01, 2011, 05:18:57 PM
Well I don't see a sick man in those pictures...he looks sexy to me  lolol/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

all4loveandbelieve

August 01, 2011, 05:33:40 PM

Thank you MichaelsAngel for seeing the same thing like I do.. Thank you...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Michael Jackson

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
August 01, 2011, 06:09:49 PM

Thank you MichaelsAngel for seeing the same thing like I do.. Thank you...

Same here! ;) He is a healthy, sexy man in his 50s.  michael-jackson/ Thank you for the pictures SpokenTruth. He looks amazing in all of them.  mj_dance/
Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 06:14:51 PM by PureLove
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

_Anna_

August 01, 2011, 07:04:51 PM
I'm gonna bite my tongue and don't say what I should say.
Stop saying he looks bad, when he DOESN'T. It's insulting. Who do you think you are to talk like that about him or anyone else? This man looks amazing, if you can say that in This is it he was looking like breaking into pieces you deffinitely have lost your common sense. I don't think that anyone in this world can look at him in TII and say he's older than 37 or that he's a mess. If you can, then your perception is really deformed .

I just want you to have in mind this man is 50 and he dances, runs, jumps as if he's 37. Think about any 50 years old man you know who can do that at 50 the way Michael does.  Most of the people in their 50s can't even run 2 steps to catch the bus and they will throw their lungs out. Indeed he's not 25, but he's looking and moving better than the majority of men half his age.  50 years old is not old as some people maybe see it. Not at all.

You really need to measure your attitude.
Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 07:12:54 PM by _Anna_
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions