You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

August 6, 2011 16:36

Craig David: 'I've been booked for Michael Jackson tribute concert'

R&B singer says it will be an 'honour' to play at controversial gig

Craig David: 'I've been booked for Michael Jackson tribute concert'

Craig David has claimed he will be playing at the forthcoming Michael Jackson tribute concert in Wales.

The R&B singer said he was "honoured" to be booked for the gig, which is scheduled to take place at Cardiff's Millennium Stadium on October 8.

Writing on his official Facebook page, David said:

I am honoured to announce I will be performing alongside some of the world's greatest artists at the Michael Jackson tribute concert.

The Southampton singer's career has been on the slide since being mercilessly parodied on TV sketch show Bo Selecta, whose title was based on Artful Dodger's 1999 David-featuring track 'Rewind'.

Ticket registration for the tribute gig was due to open on Thursday (August 4), but has now been put on hold.

Chris Hunt, chairman at promoter Global Live Events, told the Western Mail:

We will be announcing an incredible line-up very soon. The registration period was put on hold because we want people to know who they are registering to see.

The tribute concert has divided opinion in the Jackson family. Although his mother Katherine Jackson, sister La Toya and brothers Tito, Marlon and Jackie are all thought to be behind the event, brothers Jermaine and Randy have labelled the gig 'inappropriate' and 'ill-timed'.

The duo criticised the timing of the gig, which coincides with the trial of doctor Conrad Murray, who is accused of causing Michael Jackson's death. Jackson died aged 50 in the summer of 2009.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

Ahwww ! Wouldn't that be cute :)
It's funny to read this, cause a few days ao I was sufing on youtube, and saw a video
of Craig David singing "human nature" and "you are not alone",  penguin/

Here's the videoclips for those of you who are interested in hearing it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC8wftin7lA[/youtube]
(skip to 0:20, oh and on a side note, wth happend to his beautiful hair :shock: lolol/)

respect/

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EYPwaj3fDY&feature=related[/youtube]

With love, bearhug
Missy
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
...............Whenever you need me, I'll be there................
......................................I love you..................................

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal