You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Posted: Aug 07, 2011 4:06 PM PDT
Updated: Aug 07, 2011 5:41 PM PDT

(CNN) - Jury selection is gearing up for the September trial of Conrad Murray, Michael Jackson's former personal doctor who is facing charges in the singer's death.

The process for picking jurors for the manslaughter trial starts with a 30 page, 117 question document, which lawyers from both sides came up with a few months ago.

Answers that prospective jurors give to these questions will be poured over by the attorneys and their jury consultants.

Jo-Ellan Dimitrius, who's made a career of picking juries dating back to the OJ Simpson murder trial, looked over a copy of the questionnaire.

"Holy Cow, I'm just looking at the medications," she said.

In a case like this, Dimitrius said there will be people who may lie to get picked.

"The sad reality is that people have a hidden agenda, whether they want to write a book or they want their fifteen minutes of fame," she said.

The questionnaire lists 136 potential witnesses including Jackson's parents, brothers and sisters and his three children.

It also asks if, and even why, and individual saw the film about Jackson's last performing days, "This is It."

The prosecution is planning to show a clip from the documentary because they said it proves Jackson was in good health days before his death.

Potential jurors are also asked about their familiarity with a laundry list of 27 different prescription drugs, including propofol, the drug tied to his death.

"The juror who has a lot of personal experience and knowledge of the drugs and medications that are going to be talked about is going to be a better defense juror," Dimitrius said.

She said the defense also wants jurors who think Jackson was an oddball. She said prosecutors want the opposite - someone who's a Michael Jackson fan and believes the singer was manipulated during his life and wrongly accused of child molestation.

Ultimately, she said the best jurors are those who can stand up to pressure in the jury room.

"You want somebody who's strong who's not going to back down no matter what," she said.

It's likely that at least one question will be added about the Casey Anthony trial. Lawyers on both sides may want to know how much individuals followed the trial.

Murray's lawyers said they're concerned about the amount of publicity that Anthony received, suggesting that jurors might have to be sequestered to ensure Murray gets a fair trial.

Copyright 2011 CNN. All rights reserved.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

“Your life is like a ship. You're the captain of it. The way you steer it is the way that it is going to go.” ~ Michael Jackson

They have been selecting this jury forever, like they are going to marry for rest of the life or what?  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
EndlesslovetoMJ

SpeedDemon1987

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • I'm Standin' Though You're Kickin' Me
Put it this way. If Michael really died, I'm pretty sure that everyone (family, friends, fans, media) would want to find out who killed him. So, them taking their sweet time with the trial is proof enough that Michael is alive. I've been thinking that Michael will come back before the trial ends....... ;D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I ask for a bad guy, and they give me MICHAEL JACKSON?!?!?"

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Playing it safe is the riskiest choice.
Here we go again with the jury selection crash/

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Put it this way. If Michael really died, I'm pretty sure that everyone (family, friends, fans, media) would want to find out who killed him. So, them taking their sweet time with the trial is proof enough that Michael is alive. I've been thinking that Michael will come back before the trial ends....... ;D

That's for sure since the trial will never end  ;D lolol/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

lolol/they forgot to add “hoax” before the word “trial”  lolol/  Think that was a slip-up too respect/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

It will start all over again!  >:(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Tell the angels no... Heaven can wait"!

paula-c

When the trial begin the court will be decorated as well? 8)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions