You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

LA Children's Hospital Gets Art by Michael Jackson

Comment
Print
Text Size-/+
LOS ANGELES August 9, 2011 (AP)
Sketches by Michael Jackson as well as a signed portrait of the entertainer will decorate the walls of Children's Hospital Los Angeles.

Jackson's three children — Prince, Paris and Blanket — were on hand Monday to unveil the donated artwork. They include a dozen sketches drawn and signed by Jackson and a photographed portrait of him.

AP
Members of the Jackson family, left to right,... View Full Caption

The works depicting Mickey Mouse, furniture and other objects were donated by Brett Livingstone-Strong, an artist and friend of Jackson's.

Former "Entertainment Tonight" host Mary Hart, a hospital trustee, arranged the donation. She says the sketches show a different side of Jackson.

The singer's sister, La Toya Jackson, says she believes the art will bring joy to children at the hospital.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

RK

Aw, lovely picture of the family. They are all dressed to match in orange, white and black....just like our forum colour theme.  bearhug
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

all4loveandbelieve

@RK I noticed the same thing.  lolol/ I think the Jackson do come and read our forum..  ;D  They did a very nice gesture to donate these arts.. The children will indeed be happy. blessings.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

And that is the Paris from twitter with her white watch.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

is this the same art work there was another thread on just yesterday or day before? the one where the appraiser or whatever was a fake. seems like the same person had the work.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

is this the same art work there was another thread on just yesterday or day before? the one where the appraiser or whatever was a fake. seems like the same person had the work.

Thank you for sharing this article with us. I was also wondering about this because last we heard the artwork was trying to be sold to a bidder for quite a bit of money and the person selling it was that artist. He received a letter from Thome Thome, telling him that Michael wanted him to have it, right? Then the Estate was fighting them over that artwork and the appraiser (who some think was fake because he didn't have the credentials to back him) said the artwork was worth close to a billion dollars.

Question: If it turned out that the artist was entitled to the art, and if it turned out that the Estate could not get the pieces back, then the art would have been free to be sold to that bidder for around $900,000. Right? Why then, are some of those same pieces being donated. You'd think the bidder would not be very happy.

I think it's a great gesture and I am very excited that Michael's prints are gracing the hospital, which is exactly where they should be. But, where is that bidder now? And, if the artist agreed to donate those pieces to the hospital then why wasn't he there? Something isn't kosher with that story. Maybe I'm missing the point.

Blessings

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

I find the donation to the hospital an absolutely beautiful gesture! Perhaps it's just my family (although I don't think that's the case) but when my uncle died 5 years ago my aunt along with my cousins held on to every possession that he had. Even now my aunt is finding it hard to get rid of items although they mean nothing to her. My grandfather on the other side of the family died on 6/20/2009 and my grandmother still has everything that belonged to him. My point is, these things belonged to Michael and I am going back and forth with myself on how the family are just willing to give them up. I believe that Michael is still with us so perhaps that's why they didn't have a problem with it. Hm... Just thinking....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
~Mish~

"Breathe in waves of doubt, bitter in your mouth" - Toad The Wet Sprocket

bec

Michael has probably wanted to donate this stiff for a long time but couldn't because pre-6/25/09, it wouldn't have been accepted or displayed.

It's a sign of progress but also of the weird dynamic that exists in our culture that causes a dead person's status to become elevated immediately postmortem.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

MJonmind

I agree, it's a beautiful gesture, continuing the legacy of Neverland, and MJ's love to help sick children. And yes before his "death" his name couldn't be associated with children sadly. I wonder why TMZ is not posting this story or of the kids going to the 6 Flags place. It's interesting that first there's a controversy about the MJ artwork, which gets on major news, which builds the story. Maybe the reason for that maybe "lie", was to then tell this wonderful story about giving the art to children. Yes, MJ is a manipulater of the media, but for a good cause. :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Michael's kids really are growing up fast.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

Paris and Prince are very tall :shock:

I love little Blanket, he always looks like he's up to something naughty.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
I agree, it's a beautiful gesture, continuing the legacy of Neverland, and MJ's love to help sick children. And yes before his "death" his name couldn't be associated with children sadly. I wonder why TMZ is not posting this story or of the kids going to the 6 Flags place. It's interesting that first there's a controversy about the MJ artwork, which gets on major news, which builds the story. Maybe the reason for that maybe "lie", was to then tell this wonderful story about giving the art to children. Yes, MJ is a manipulater of the media, but for a good cause. :D

I agree with you guys too. This is such a very nice gesture and it is very Michaelish. But it is very interesting that TMZ hasn't made any article about this issue. I wonder why.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

everlastinglove_MJ

I know how important a home environment is for patients in a hospital, especially for children. Art and drawings on the wall make a big difference for them, it makes them happy. I love this gesture, which is Michael's for sure. Thank you, Michael
         bearhug
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

Sarahli

I love how Katherine and Paris are holding hands...I find it very cute  ;))
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are here for you Michael and will always love you whatever happens.
'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
"You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal