all4loveandbelieveTopic starter

Cee Lo Green has become the first big headliner to sign up for the upcoming Michael Jackson tribute concert, while Christina Aguilera and Kanye West are also in talks to join the bill.

The King of Pop's mother, Katherine, is organizing Michael Forever, The Tribute Concert, which will be held in the superstar's memory on October 8th in Cardiff, Wales.

R&B singer Craig David will represent Britain at the event, and now TMZ.com claims that Green will also take the stage to pay homage to the Thriller icon.

Katherine Jackson is said to have invited a number of other acts to perform, including Jay-Z and Usher, and Aguilera and West are said to be considering the gig.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

curls

Well, I've never heard of Cee Lo Green!  So as far as I'm concerned he/she is not quite the massive headline star I would've expected in a tribute fit for a King!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

_Anna_

"An event fit for a King", "Once in a Millenium event"; this is how they present this concert. I haven't heard of the majority of the artists and I'm not even old, I'm 24. I have no idea who this one is either, I had to go and read on Wikipedia. Once again, THIS is a MASSIVE line-up for an event fit for a king? Mediocre artists who are not even known by everyone, just by a selected group. And above all, the process of getting a ticket is to bid the most of the ticket' price to donate to the charity in order to get a chance to receive the ticket you want. This maneouvre to force people to give money is not the way Michael is, and no one can deny this. To force people to give money. Charity is charity when you give with your heart, and charity doesn't mean only money. Not all the people afford to give money, not everyone has money. Do they REALLY think people will fight to get a ticket to such event? To see This Cee Lo Green, Kanye West, Gnarls Barkley, Justin Bieber? We are talking about MICHAEL JACKSON, the greatest entertainer of all fucking times. As I said, either this is pure bullshit, or they're fucking with us like never before. No respect. Neither for Michael, nor for us.
It's Once in a Millenium event to see Cee Lo Green in a concert pulling off a Michael Jackson song? I swear to god...

Look here at the tribute concert for Freddy Mercury on Wembley. This one gives you shivers.
Axl Rose & Elton John performing "Bohemian rhapsody"
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss9cmDPupk0[/youtube]
Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 02:19:02 AM by _Anna_
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm sorry but cee-lo isnot a headlining act.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Since Kanye West, Christina Aguilera and Ceelo Green (all who are multi grammy winners, have sold millions of records) isn't good enough for you, who would you guys suggest?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Well, I've never heard of Cee Lo Green!  So as far as I'm concerned he/she is not quite the massive headline star I would've expected in a tribute fit for a King!

Cee Lo Green is one of the judges in THE VOICE.he is very well known..
listen to the song maybe you will know him
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Michael Jackson

Are you kidding me? Cee lo is great singer... I would understand Justin Beiber, he is young, and cannot compare to all these singers.. What I am seeing here, is that everyone is jumping on Cee lo and Kanye West etc... They are great artist, and they want to pay tribut to Michael so what is the big deal here? What does it take for people to be happy, and stop complaining?  First off I have no clue why they are doing a tribute to Michael, he is alive.. They will do a tribute to being alive?  Secondly maybe some of you should go on youtube and listen to some songs of cee lo. and the rest who want to pay respect and tribute to Michael.. 

Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 04:09:11 PM by all4loveandbelieve
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Michael Jackson

Are you kidding me? Cee lo is great singer...

Thank you! And if Christina Aguilera signed on, that would be great. She's legitimately talented, and very accomplished singer.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

I like Cee Lo, and Christina is by far one of the best female vocalists ever. Still I go with BS. I don't see this tribute happening at all.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
This is the first time I heard this name Cee Lo. So, this is one of the "superstars" for this Once in a Millenium tribute? Well...  :roll: Actually it doesn't matter who they pick. No one can sing Michael's songs like him and I do not like to hear his songs from other artists.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

This is the first time I heard this name Cee Lo. So, this is one of the "superstars" for this Once in a Millenium tribute? Well...  :roll: Actually it doesn't matter who they pick. No one can sing Michael's songs like him and I do not like to hear his songs from other artists.

But you might have heard of Gnarls Barkley, who is also Cee Lo ;)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA36wU4jgj4[/youtube]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

But you might have heard of Gnarls Barkley, who is also Cee Lo ;)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA36wU4jgj4[/youtube]

He is amazing, he does have a wonderful voice.. every artist has his own distinguished voice.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Michael Jackson

_Anna_

Since Kanye West, Christina Aguilera and Ceelo Green (all who are multi grammy winners, have sold millions of records) isn't good enough for you, who would you guys suggest?
I haven't heard about Cee Lo Green so far, I had to search on wikipedia and see who is it. Just because some people know the artists doesn't mean all people must know who they are.  Considering it's Michael Jackson, one would think at HUGE artists, huge talents, worldwide known, worldwide appreciated and loved. So far I had no idea who is Cee Lo Green or Craig David. And from Bruno Mars I know just one song which was sung with Placebo years ago, if I don't mistake them. And probably it's not only me who sees this as mediocre. If it's real. I don't think that any of the artists mentioned so far come at least near to Michael's talent, and to be an event fit for a king, once in a millenium event, this is just not what they describe it to be. Of course, it's my opinion. But it's not only me who thinks this way, so it must be something. And in the end, a tribute for an alive person would be a fraud and it feels as if he's gone, and the whole thing give me very bad feelings. In the end, I don't care about any tribute, it's Michael who matters. Honestly, I never really understood tributes...
Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 04:39:56 PM by _Anna_
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

Seriously Anna, if I would have to live with your negativity day in day out, I would go crazy. Are you EVER positive? I have not seen you positive once.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Are you kidding me? Cee lo is great singer... I would understand Justin Beiber, he is young, and cannot compare to all these singers.. What I am seeing here, is that everyone is jumping on Cee lo and Kanye West etc... They are great artist, and they want to pay tribut to Michael so what is the big deal here? What does it take for people to be happy, and stop complaining?  First off I have no clue why they are doing a tribute to Michael, he is alive.. They will do a tribute to being alive?  Secondly maybe some of you should go on youtube and listen to some songs of cee lo. and the rest who want to pay respect and tribute to Michael.. 

I didn't say he wasn't a great singer but to be the headliner. I wouldn't think so and I know who cee-lo is I've known cee-lo since he was in the rap group Goodie Mob. That is however just my opinion.
Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 05:31:38 PM by AvaMarie
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions