emulikTopic starter

Press Release: MJ to be immortalized
January 24, 2012, 02:55:45 AM
Press Release: MJ To Be Immortalized @ Grauman’s Theatre

The Estate of Michael Jackson announced today that Michael will be immortalized in a hand and foot print ceremony at Hollywood’s legendary Grauman’s Chinese Theatre on January 26, 2012, starting at 11:00am PST.

In a giant celebration of the legacy of the King of Pop, and the Los Angeles debut of Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour, Michael Jackson’s three children, Prince, Paris and “Blanket” will use their father’s shoes and sequined glove to make impressions in the cement in the famous forecourt of the theatre (alongside such entertainment icons as Fred Astaire, Elizabeth Taylor, Judy Garland, Marilyn Monroe, Sidney Poitier, Clark Gable, Mary Pickford, and Douglas Fairbanks).

The cast of THE IMMORTAL World Tour will perform a special live presentation, and the entire event will be streamed live via Twitter @michaeljackson with additional photos and live coverage of the event tweeted from Twitter’s music channel @twittermusic.

Fans can go to findeventdetails.com/mjlegacy January 19 for line up information!!

The Estate Of Michael Jackson

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Please do not forget who the driver is! ...:)

MJ will get us home safely! :)

Re: Press Release: MJ to be immortalized
January 24, 2012, 09:11:18 AM
I thought they'll get a real hand and foot... I'm a bit disappointed if you know what I mean O_o
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Please, click "I Like It" on my Facebook page if you like my drawings :) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<br>

January 24, 2012, 09:26:26 AM
Anyone here going? I am planning to--if I can find out how to get from Anaheim to Graumans via public transport  in time to line up at 6 a.m. I am being called to it..... :roll: Am off to work so will have to do research tonight on transport... If any So Cal folks can give me a hint it may cut donwn on transport  research time.  Cheers!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

everlastinglove_MJ

January 24, 2012, 12:39:34 PM
Thanks for sharing emulik :)

Found this article:

Behind the Mask of Michael Jackson, a Savvy Entrepreneur
By Jeanette Mulvey | LiveScience.com – 3 hours ago.. .

When Michael Jackson's family and fans gather in the courtyard of Grauman's Chinese Theatre in Hollywood this week and use his shoes to create footprints in cement, it will be the King of Pop's legacy as a music icon that takes center stage.

Music, however, wasn't Jackson's only talent. He was a sharp and polished entrepreneur who knew his audience and who, up until his death in 2009, was constantly trying to improve his product and refine his brand.

Music writer and University of Rochester instructor Joe Vogel, author of the new book "Man in the Music: The Creative Life and Work of Michael Jackson" (Sterling, 2011), says Jackson's evolution as an artist and a person went beyond his talents as a musician.

In an exclusive interview with BusinessNewsDaily, Vogel talks about Jackson's legacy as an entertainer, businessman and innovator and what lessons he offered all of us.

BusinessNewsDaily: Michael Jackson was clearly more than just talented and more than just lucky. He must have had some other quality – some entrepreneur-like quality– that helped him on his road to become the King of Pop. Can you describe it?

Joe Vogel: One of Michael Jackson's greatest qualities was his ability to envision something in his mind – something bold and different and innovative – and then have the willpower and work ethic to realize it. He was constantly challenging himself and those around him to push beyond the ordinary. He often had friends and collaborators read "Jonathan Livingston Seagull," a fable about refusing to conform and striving for excellence. You see, even with his "This Is It" concerts at the age of 50, he wouldn't accept mediocrity. He wanted the shows to be unlike anything people had experienced before.

BND: Do you think his decision to constantly reinvent himself was a conscious one in an effort to always become something new and exciting for his audience, or do you think he just naturally evolved as he got older?

J.V.: Michael Jackson understood that stagnation for an artist was death. He hated the idea of simply repeating formulas. So he was constantly transforming, re-inventing his image and style and sound, keeping people guessing and wanting more.

But there are also continuities to his image/persona: certain symbols, trademarks and qualities. He is perhaps the only artist who can be represented in five to 10 different poses in silhouette and people know exactly who it is. He was very deliberate about his choices. One thing he always feared was overexposure. He knew that the magical aura associated with him, the excitement could be retained only by withholding from his audience. So, for example, he would never do a whole circuit of TV performances and interviews to promote an album the way most artists do today. He would do one show, and the buildup to it would be incredible.

BND: How do you think he would have described the Michael Jackson brand? What was he trying to sell?

J.V.: I think Michael was a lot like Steve Jobs in that each new product – whether an album or video or single – was an event. There was all kinds of hype and anticipation. So the brand was about that excitement, because you knew whatever he was releasing was going to be cutting-edge, unique and of the highest quality.

BND: Did he make good business decisions? What were some of his best and worst?

J.V.: Michael made very good business decisions for the first 10-15 years of his adult career, and very bad ones in his final 10-15 years. His smartest decision was to not only retain the rights to his own master recordings (before him, there was a long history of exploitation in the music industry, particularly of African-American artists), but to also actively acquire other publishing rights, including the Beatles catalog.

His worst decisions came when he had a lot of money and not much consistency or oversight. His management, beginning in the early '90s, became a revolving door. He became vulnerable to extortion, exploitation and excessive spending because he no longer had a trustworthy, vigilant, dedicated team around him.

BND: What could any business owner or entrepreneur learn from Michael Jackson?

J.V.: I think the main thing an entrepreneur or business owner could learn from Michael Jackson is that doing something great requires both vision and work. Michael approached each new project with boundless passion, and that energy was infectious to collaborators. But what really impressed those who worked with him was that he could bring his ideas to fruition. He dreamed big and then worked tirelessly until his dreams came to life.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

He dreamed big and then worked tirelessly until his dreams came to life.
absolutely! ;)

L.O.V.E.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

emulikTopic starter

January 25, 2012, 02:01:25 AM
Thank you all for your answers..
Everlastinglove, what a perfect article about Michael you quoted, it is really good to read such a positive things about Michael :)thank you ;)
and yes, obviously, he want to make things on other (higher) level, because he is perfectionist. I love that he works hard to make his dreams come true.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Please do not forget who the driver is! ...:)

MJ will get us home safely! :)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal