EX-WARRANT SINGER JANI LANE DEAD AT 47

Posted: 8/11/2011 7:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jani Lane -- former lead singer of the rock band Warrant -- was found dead at a hotel in L.A. Thursday evening ... TMZ has learned.

Lane's body was discovered at the Comfort Inn hotel in Woodland Hills, CA. So far, no official cause of death has been released.

Lane famously penned the band's biggest hit "Cherry Pie" back in 1989 ... before eventually leaving the band to pursue a solo career.

Lane had a history of alcohol-related issues -- he was ordered to serve 120 days in jail after he was arrested for DUI in 2010 ... his second DUI in two years.

Lane was 47.

Article Reference: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Let us dream of tomorrow where
we can truly love from the soul, and
know love as the ultimate truth at
the heart of all creation."

Andrea

What is going on here?  A mention of "Cherry Pie" on the 777th day...that's just too weird.  bounce/

Poor guy, so young to die.  :|
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Yes! Andrea, Cherry Pie from TS, Cherry Pie from Front and Cherry Pie from TMZ!

;))

Jani Lane was lead singer of the Eighties “HAIR Band” Warrant. The Cherry Pie Album was released on 9/11/1990.
The history of the album is FASCINATING and shades some LIGHT on the MUSIC INDUSTRY Practices:

"Cherry Pie", which is probably Warrant's best-known song, was dedicated to president of Sony Music Entertainment US Don Ienner. The dedication was no doubt inspired by the record company pressure which led to the track's creation. The record was completed without the song, but Warrant's label requested that a new rock "anthem" be added in order to enhance its marketability. Vocalist Lane responded by writing "Cherry Pie" in 15 minutes.
Reference: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Jani Lane speaks through his "experience" with the Cherry Pie album on the following video! It is a SAD reflection on the pressure Record Companies place on artists!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR1xpknCHCQ[/youtube]

FULL CREDIT TO MJINTRIGUE2012 for those findings.

With L.O.V.E
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Let us dream of tomorrow where
we can truly love from the soul, and
know love as the ultimate truth at
the heart of all creation."

Wow! Thank you for sharing all of this with us. That last video was chilling.

How can the timing be right that TS and Front both mention cherries and this musician who wrote the song "Cherry Pie" ends up dead? I am unable to process this in my mind so I'll continue watching.

Have a blessed day  :shock:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

paula-c

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Wow! Thank you for sharing all of this with us. That last video was chilling.

How can the timing be right that TS and Front both mention cherries and this musician who wrote the song "Cherry Pie" ends up dead? I am unable to process this in my mind so I'll continue watching.

Have a blessed day  :shock:
suspicious// ................................................. afraid/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

skyways

Hi VOICE!  You are SO right - that time coincidence is just T000 chilling:-///&. Tmz may mentioned that Chery pie by any other way- but now i wl requesting some explanation from Front or TS. Pure coincidence my a@@- like Souza may b say?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thankyou for the credit up there @TheRunningGirl!

Here is a telling comment about the lonely side of fame, as explained by one of Jani's fellow rockers.

SEBASTIAN BACH Comments On The Death Of Jani Lane

Former SKID ROW vocalist SEBASTIAN BACH has issued the following message in tribute to the passing of former WARRANT singer JANI LANE who died August 11th:

"People have been asking me about Jani Lane & I really don't know what to say. Picturing him by himself in a Comfort Inn in Woodland Hills with a bottle of vodka & a bottle of pills is so typical of what a rock musician's life actually is. It is a life marked by extremes. Extreme attention from people you don't know, while all the work & travel takes you away from those you actually do know. Playing to thousands of people & then going back to your hotel room & shutting the door.

When the door shuts... the quiet is the exact opposite of the volume of the concert. The solitude of the empty hotel room becomes the diametric parallel of the adulation of strangers. For some, the bottle of vodka or whatever becomes a friend that is always there for you while others come & go.

Yes I have felt these emotions myself. If you see me going head over heels over a girl, it's because all I have ever wanted is to have a girl to love & share my life with, & for the one I love to be with me wherever I'm at, travel with me to distant locales & stay in nice kick ass hotel suites & have fun & sing & dance & see the world. But so far this is a fantasy.

Just like Jani, I spend most of my time alone in a hotel room dreaming of a girl I love who is somewhere else. I bet Jani Lane felt exactly what I feel. How could he not? I remember decades ago being invited to Jani's house for a barbeque, which we went to. But Jani didn't show up. So I spent the afternoon with Jani's Dad cooking burgers & steaks & having a wonderful day with his family.

My condolences to his family & especially Jani's children who now only have memories of their Dad to hold on to. That is truly heartbreaking. Let this be yet another lesson to tell someone some kind words sometimes... before it's too late... while they are still alive. I can guarantee Jani Lane would not have anticipated everyone coming out of the woodwork extolling the life & times of Jani Lane. Which is why he probably died alone. In a hotel room. With his only real friend... that killed him in the end."

Reference:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

EX-WARRANT SINGER JANI LANE DEAD AT 47

Posted: 8/11/2011 7:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jani Lane -- former lead singer of the rock band Warrant -- was found dead at a hotel in L.A. Thursday evening ... TMZ has learned.

Lane's body was discovered at the Comfort Inn hotel in Woodland Hills, CA. So far, no official cause of death has been released.

Lane famously penned the band's biggest hit "Cherry Pie" back in 1989 ... before eventually leaving the band to pursue a solo career.

Lane had a history of alcohol-related issues -- he was ordered to serve 120 days in jail after he was arrested for DUI in 2010 ... his second DUI in two years.

Lane was 47.

Article Reference: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Thank you for this post, TheRunningGirl!!!
Very good post I have to say and talking about coincidents,this is for sure not a coincidente.Wow this is starting to become a THRILLER or what afraid/?????
So many deaths,what is wrong with this scenario may I ask??????????????????? :shock:
From 2009 and before ,this strange murders are becoming some trends I quess :roll:!!!!
The most recent one is from yesterday:

(CBS) Following news that "Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" star Taylor Armstrong's husband was found dead in an apparent suicide, the TV personality's network and fellow "Housewives" have been sharing their sympathies.Russell Armstrong was found dead in his Los Angeles home on Monday evening. He was 47.

The list can go on and on: Heath Ledger was found dead in an Olsen's twin apartament in 2008,
Boyzone’s Stephen Gately was found Dead in Spain,in his luxury villa in october 12th 2009 and a more recent one ,Gary Moore, Thin Lizzy guitarist,was found dead in hotel room in Spain this year on 7 february.

You know I dont want to ask this question,but just like Latoya said " I wonder whose next because it always happens in 3's",lol :shock:  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOivk91GpaY[/youtube]
Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 03:53:49 PM by applehead250609
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions