finfinTopic starter

Great News The Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award is back where it belongs
Happy Birthday Michae
l  michael-jackson/   party/

Britney Spears Wins the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award -- MTV VMAs 2011

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The MTV Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award has gone to some of music's biggest and brightest pop stars over the years including Madonna, U2, the Beastie Boys and many others. But tonight, the esteemed honor went to the one and only Britney Spears. Often called the Lifetime Achievement Award, it was later renamed in memory of the King of Pop.

The award was presented by Lady Gaga's alter ego Jo Calderone who tried, in several ways, to kiss the diva while she accepted the award.

The moment was rather reminiscent of the Brit Brit and Madonna make-out session at the VMAs in 2003, but Jo was unsuccessful in landing that smooch. Britney was rather touched after a short tribute and speech from Gaga honoring Spears as one of our generation's greatest pop acts. This is the singer's second win of the evening, after claiming the award for Best Pop Video. Looks like Britney really is back, bitches!

The following is a list of recipients of the MTV Video Vanguard Award.
The Video Vanguard Award, also known as the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award or the Lifetime Achievement Award, is given to musicians who have made a profound effect on the MTV culture. The award is also given to music video directors who have created some of the most popular and acclaimed music videos in MTV history. The award has come under fire because MTV hardly handed the award out during the 1990s and 2000s. While the recipients of the award have included some of the most popular and acclaimed artists in MTV history, MTV has been criticized for not handing out the award to other artists that some see as having an effect on MTV (such as Nirvana, Tupac Shakur, Run-DMC and Bruce Springsteen.)
Year   Recipient   Notes
David Bowie
The Beatles
Richard Lester
Both Lester and The Beatles were honored for "essentially inventing the music video."
David Byrne
Kevin Godley
Lol Creme
Russell Mulcahy
Byrne was honored for his work with Talking Heads. Godley and Creme are acclaimed music video directors. Mulcahy was honored as the director of The Buggles' "Video Killed The Radio Star," the first video played on MTV.
Madonna
Zbigniew Rybczyński
Madonna found immense popularity by pushing the boundaries of lyrical content in mainstream popular music and imagery in her music videos, which became a fixture on MTV. Her videos have depicted controversial subjects such as teen pregnancy, racism, religion, sex, and violence. And she received this Lifetime Achievement Video Vanguard Award in 1986 for her contributions to the world of music video.
Peter Gabriel
Julien Temple
Michael Jackson
Michael Jackson changed the music video from a mere promotional tool featuring musicians playing instruments and singing, to a piece of art with a storyline, or as Jackson liked to put as 'short films'. His video Thriller influenced and changed music videos into what it is like today.
George Michael
Presented by Madonna honored George Michael for his acclaimed album Faith with hits like "I Want Your Sex", "Faith", "Father Figure", "One More Try", "Monkey", and "Kissing a Fool" which 4 went #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 out of the 6 singles.
Janet Jackson
Her music videos from the 1980s became a catalyst for MTVs developing demographics. Her Broadway-style choreography and militant iconography were well received by critics and audiences. She was acknowledged as a role model for youth (especially young women) for imbuing her performances with a socially conscious message.
Bon Jovi
Wayne Isham
Guns N' Roses
Tom Petty
The Rolling Stones
The award given to Tom Petty was the Video Vanguard Award. The award given to the Rolling Stones was a Lifetime Achievement Award.
R.E.M.
LL Cool J
Mark Romanek
LL Cool J is the first rap artist to receive this award.
Beastie Boys
Chuck D of Public Enemy delivered a glowing appraisal of the band before presenting them with the award. Upon receiving the award, Adam Yauch took the opportunity to speak his mind on some politic issues, condemning military aggression.
Red Hot Chili Peppers
U2
Given as Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award[1]
Duran Duran
Given as Lifetime Achievement Award
Hype Williams
Given by Kanye West in honor of his achievements as a "film maker"
Britney Spears
Given by Lady Gaga as Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award.
Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 04:47:22 AM by finfin
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Consciousness expresses itself through creation. This world we live in is the dance of the creator." Michael Jackson

Thank you for sharing this with us. Twitter has been going crazy with excited MJ supporters.

I have to say that I am ecstatic too. MTV did Michael a huge disservice by removing his name much like the elementary school put the boards over the auditorium. Michael was not even guilty or found guilty in court yet he was treated as though we was.  However, I'm convinced that part of this hoax is about righting the wrongs and we can be proud that these two monumental accomplishments have been made by supporters of Michael. It's too bad that it took this long to right these wrongs but with faith and trust everything works out for the best in the end.

I am hopeful that now we can all band together for the biggest task of all...and that is to show the world that Michael was always an innocent man. Let's do this for Michael. He deserves it.

Blessings to each of you. I am proud to be a part of this all.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Playing it safe is the riskiest choice.
I'm glad they did this.
I love you Michael bearhug
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MashMike

This is huge!!!!, a huge victory for Michael and a very pleasant gift for his B-Day, Congratulations to MJ and to all of us!!! party/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
NO BROKEN BRIDGES CAN TURN US AROUND,CAUSE WHAT WE\'RE SEARCHING FOR, WILL SOON BE FOUND,CAUSE WE\'RE ALMOST THERE, JUST ONE MORE STEP,JUST ONE MORE STEP,DON\'T GIVE UP CAUSE WE\'RE ALMOST THERE

This news gave me shivers! Yay! Great present for him on his birthday!  party/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Please, click "I Like It" on my Facebook page if you like my drawings :) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<br>

paula-c

beerchug bearhug
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Love4Michael

I turned off my cable almost 3 months ago so I had to suffer through the ridiculous excuse of a live feed online since I was merely curious as to what might be said.  All that effort was rewarded when I heard the announcement that "The Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award is presented"...(you know the rest).  Though I saw an interview where he said that he didn't display awards at home because he didn't what to feel like he'd "done it all"...I think this is different.  There is truly only ONE artist deserving of the award being named after them for all of the imagination and brilliance they brought forth to this entertainment platform.  An award being named after someone represents that they in fact HAVE done it all and set the bar that others will strive toward...and in this instance there is no other candidate in my book.  It was a travesty that MTV dropped the name for a while but thank God that the recognition is back where it always should have been.  I hope your smile is a little bigger today because of the honor rightfully restored.  I Love You Michael!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Always reach out to lend support and to help bear a heavy burden. 
There is no greater gift that you can give than your caring and love. 
Spread laughter and joy in your travels and carry love with you in abundant supply. 
Share life...share the world.

Awwwh yay!! :mrgreen:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

أملي هو فيكم.

Dancer

GREAT NEWS!!  michael-jackson/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Akon on MJ, May 2009]The way he thinks....some artists think regional, some think national, I was thinking international. He thinks planets. It\'s on another level...[/size][/color]

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal