all4loveandbelieveTopic starter

KISS added to MJ tribute concert
August 15, 2011, 06:04:25 PM
Rockers KISS have signed up to perform at a tribute concert for Michael Jackson - a year after bassist Gene Simmons publicly suggested the King of Pop was a pedophile in a magazine interview.

Michael Forever: The Tribute Concert is due to take place on 8 October in Cardiff, Wales, with KISS joining Christina Aguilera, Cee Lo Green, Leona Lewis and Smokey Robinson among the acts on the bill.

But Monday's announcement has stirred controversy because Simmons was openly critical of Jackson when he spoke to Classic Rock Magazine last year.

During the interview, the bassist said, "No matter what my fond memories and fond images of Michael were, with one allegation of pedophilia after another and another and another…Oh dear... The only sexual references ever made about Michael Jackson that were made by anyone, anywhere around the world, have always been made by kids, and specifically males usually 10 to 14 years of age; never females, that age or older, and never grown men."

Jackson was famously acquitted of child molestation charges in 2005 after a highly-publicized five month trial.

The concert is being organized by Jackson's mother, Katherine, and has nothing to do with the late superstar's estate executors.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I love kiss.. I was made for loving you baby.. nice.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal