CuppycakeTopic starter

Katy Perry Ties Michael Jackson Singles Record
August 17, 2011, 04:35:12 PM
Quoted from MTV USA "Back in June, Katy Perry was closing in on Michael Jackson's record for the most #1 singles from the same album — and now she's tied it up. Thanks to the feel-good party jam "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)," Perry has the same number of #1 singles from Teenage Dream on the Hot 100 as the late King of Pop did from 1987's Bad.

Now, Perry is both the only woman with five #1 singles from the same album and also the only living artist with that record. So what singles got her there aside from "Last Friday Night"? Perry's previous #1's from Teenage Dream are "California Gurls," "Teenage Dream," "Firework" and "E.T." Jackson achieved this feat back in 1987 and 1988 with "I Just Can't Stop Loving You," "Bad," "The Way You Make Me Feel," "Man in the Mirror" and "Dirty Diana" from his Bad album.

"What a way to wake up! SO proud to announce that the little-engine-that-could of a song 'LAST FRIDAY NIGHT' is officially #1 & made HISTORY!" the singer tweeted Wednesday (August 17). "&u know, I couldn't have done it with out ya, really I owe u guys BIG... so take this moment to give yourself a high FIVE!!! #allbecauseofu."

MJ you are still the only person in my heart who has that record THE REAL KING

Keep on moonwalking yall  moonwalk_/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You gotta ask yourself, do you feel lucky... well do ya punk!

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Quoted from MTV USA "Back in June, Katy Perry was closing in on Michael Jackson's record for the most #1 singles from the same album — and now she's tied it up. Thanks to the feel-good party jam "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)," Perry has the same number of #1 singles from Teenage Dream on the Hot 100 as the late King of Pop did from 1987's Bad.

Now, Perry is both the only woman with five #1 singles from the same album and also the only living artist with that record. So what singles got her there aside from "Last Friday Night"? Perry's previous #1's from Teenage Dream are "California Gurls," "Teenage Dream," "Firework" and "E.T." Jackson achieved this feat back in 1987 and 1988 with "I Just Can't Stop Loving You," "Bad," "The Way You Make Me Feel," "Man in the Mirror" and "Dirty Diana" from his Bad album.

"What a way to wake up! SO proud to announce that the little-engine-that-could of a song 'LAST FRIDAY NIGHT' is officially #1 & made HISTORY!" the singer tweeted Wednesday (August 17). "&u know, I couldn't have done it with out ya, really I owe u guys BIG... so take this moment to give yourself a high FIVE!!! #allbecauseofu."

MJ you are still the only person in my heart who has that record THE REAL KING

Keep on moonwalking yall  moonwalk_/

I feel the same way about MJ being the only one with that record since he isn't really dead. But congrats to Katy Perry and her fans, it takes a lot of hard work and dertmination to make it as far as she has. And she has great talent and is a great woman for little girls to look up to.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Oh no....  :(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Please, click "I Like It" on my Facebook page if you like my drawings :) You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login<br>

CuppycakeTopic starter

Well Katy sorta cheated she did a remix of one song and the remix went to #1 while the original went #2 and at least shes a better rolemodel then Lady Gaga or Rihanna who swear and wear unappropriate clothing
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CuppycakeTopic starter

double post
Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 05:44:06 PM by PureLove
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I love Katy’s c.d.  It’s amazing.  That being said, its easier for songs to reach # 1 today than when Michael did his cd.  Now let’s see how they compare for how long each single stayed at # 1.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

Chinbie

I love Katy’s c.d.  It’s amazing.  That being said, its easier for songs to reach # 1 today than when Michael did his cd.  Now let’s see how they compare for how long each single stayed at # 1.
I AGREE !
MJ is the one and only
even-though some singers reach those records nowadays,
mj still unique!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

she tied ONE of his thousands of records, and the whole MJ fam is trash talking her and getting pissed. Relax.
Michael's still the best !  ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

أملي هو فيكم.

He will always be the very first to make this record. You can beat the original, but you can't be the original ;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

Though I enjoy her singing, I must say that any of MJ's songs are #1's in my books, and that singing is only one of many reasons why people around the world and I love him so much. So no worries!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I have Katy's album, too, and I enjoy some of her songs, but still, I feel it's just not about real talent anymore these days. It's obvious. And there's an overall lack of real artists out there who would truly deserve to break any records. You have Beyoncé winning 8 Grammys. She's talented but not THAT amazing. At least nobody's ever going to top Thriller, I think. :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

If you'd only come to me, my heart wouldn't be full of sorrow
But now all I can do is hope and pray that you'll come to me
tomorrow

It's great for KP, but can she do this ?

That's all the records of Michael, in french sorry. I think he's unbeatable.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
" I'm going to shock the world, just watch. "

all4loveandbelieve

I personally don't like katy Perry's style. As a young artist, she worked very hard, we should give credit to these young artist. I know Michael wouldn't want us to  discredit another person. I am sure Michael is happy for these young artist. I have read that  Katy looked up to Michael, I know most of these young artist they all say Michael has inspired them.. So we shouldn't  depreciate anyone, we are all human beings. I know we all love Michael and he will always remain number 1, no one will surpass him. Sometimes we have to open our hearts to others. I am not saying this to belittle Michael now.. No way.. Like I said for me he is still number 1 in everything. blessings.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal