Wright2018Topic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • "BeLIEve what your heart hear's,your eyes can lie"
Michael Jackson Cardiff tickets to go on sale
August 20, 2011, 10:49:34 PM
20 August 2011 Last updated at 06:24 ET

Michael Jackson Cardiff tickets to go on sale

Tickets for the Michael Jackson tribute in Cardiff will go on sale next week despite further criticism of the event, its UK-based promotion consultant says.

Paul King said the plan was for tickets to go on sale to the general public at 09:00 BST on Wednesday morning.

On Friday music website Stereoboard UK branded the gig "a damp squib" and cast doubt on whether it would still take place.

But Mr King insisted: "The concert is very much going ahead."

The 8 October Michael Forever concert at the Millennium Stadium was announced by producers Global Live Events on Monday 25 July but has since been dogged by controversy.

Despite reports that Jackson's mother Katherine, his sister La Toya and brothers Tito, Marlon and Jackie, were endorsing the event, the late singer's other brothers Jermaine and Randy labelled it "inappropriate" and "ill-timed".

On Thursday news that rock band Kiss had been dropped from the bill, after branding the star a child abuser, prompted Jermaine Jackson to say: "This mishandling reinforces my view that this promoter is getting it all wrong."

Continue reading the main story

Start Quote

What could have been spectacular now seems like a damp squib”

Stereoboard UK
In response Global Events Live chief executive Chris Hunt called the Kiss booking an "oversight".

And in an article published on its website Stereoboard UK claimed:

the largest Michael Jackson online fan forum was calling on fans to boycott the show
the ticket process had been poorly advertised and handled, with the registration process extended for a further 72 hours
the line-up was akin to "a glorified X-Factor winner's show"
the signing up and subsequent dropping of Kiss from the billing was a "blunder"
"When you look at all of the facts and take everything in to consideration, it's more than fair that the fans aren't happy with the promoters or the concert," said the article.

"What could have been spectacular now seems like a damp squib. Poorly executed and without the necessary support from the estate needed to make it a success."

Global Live has been asked to respond to these criticisms.

Mr King, who said he had recently been brought on board with the event to look after advertising and the physical production of the show, responded to claims of poor advertising of ticket sales.

"There was never meant to be any advertising until the tickets went on sale," he said.

Continue reading the main story

Start Quote

The current plan is for tickets to go on sale to the general public at 9am on Wednesday morning”

Paul King
Concert promotion consultant
"The [online] registration process was meant to allow hard core fans a chance to buy tickets first."

Mr King confirmed: "The tickets will be going on sale next week.

"The registration process closes at midnight on Sunday and we are hoping to process all registrations within a 24-hour period.

"The current plan is for tickets to go on sale to the general public at 9am on Wednesday morning."

When contacted about the criticism labelled at the concert a spokeswoman for the Millennium Stadium responded said: "It's not a concern that we have.

"We continue to do what we need to do behind the scenes to deliver the concert."

Christina Aguilera and Leona Lewis are due to take part in the show.

Other stars set to appear include Cee Lo Green, Smokey Robinson, boy band JLS and Jackson's nephews 3T.

Michael Jackson, who died in June 2009 aged 50 while rehearsing for his This Is It tour, was cleared of child molestation in 2005
Here is the link for this article :http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-14598325
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

"BeLIEve what your heart hear's, because the eyes can be told lies"

Why is it that anytime anything is mentioned about Michael in the press, they have to bring up the stupid child molestation charges?  Is that the only thing many people will remember?  I don't believe this concert will be the big success they think it will.  Too much unhappiness over it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I love you."  "I promise you I will make you all proud of me." "You will be proud of being a Michael Jackson fan." - Michael Jackson

Wright2018Topic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • "BeLIEve what your heart hear's,your eyes can lie"
I agree on both parts. I didn't like it mentioned but I had to leave it in there because it was part of that artical :( But we know the truth and I believe one day so will everyone else :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"BeLIEve what your heart hear's, because the eyes can be told lies"

~Souza~

The guy's name is Paul King?  suspicious//
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

SpeedDemon1987

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • I'm Standin' Though You're Kickin' Me
Why is it that anytime anything is mentioned about Michael in the press, they have to bring up the stupid child molestation charges? Is that the only thing many people will remember?
I agree with you whole-heartedly. Its not fair. The unassuming public, who believe anything that the media tells them, should at least remember Michael as the kind and gentle man he was, and not be reminded about the trial.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I ask for a bad guy, and they give me MICHAEL JACKSON?!?!?"

I received my email just before 3pm today.

Dear Karen
Congratulations! You have been successful in the ticket ballot for
Michael Forever Tribute Concert!

Your timeslot to pay for your tickets will open at:
11:30 BST Tue, 23 August 2011
and close at
09:00 BST Wed, 24 August 2011

Click this link to complete your ticket purchase: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
This link is unique to you, you can click the link as many times as you like but it will only allow you through to the purchase page at the time stated in this email. Once you have completed your ticket purchase this link will no longer work.

I don't think I am going to purchase them as I don't want to see the artists they have lined up!

It is also very difficult for me to have the evening off as I am a full time carer for my mother.

I offered a charity pledge of £40 per ticket btw
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curls

Oh wow! I'm so interested to see if anyone actually gets to purchase tickets. Thanks for keeping us updated, reveron.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

gwynned

Well, I'm thinking about it as well, though I live in California.....but if it IS the BAM...oh, I don't know.  I'll think about it tomorrow.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bec

I pledged $1 but the email I got that said I could buy tickets told me a I pledged $56, which was the ticket price I selected + the $1 I pledged. I feel like I got conned.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

paula-c

I think as  Souza this tribute is not carry out i may be wrong, tickets for the 50 concerts in London were also sold and nothing happened mj_bad/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Oh wow! I'm so interested to see if anyone actually gets to purchase tickets. Thanks for keeping us updated, reveron.

Hi Curls

I am tempted to buy two tickets but the two things which are putting me off are the price and the line up!

I'd be interested if they had some of the old Motown stars or Prince, Jamiroquai, Scissor Sisters, George Michael, Elton John, Will Young even, but I really have no great desire to get myself in debt to see JLS and Alien Ant Farm!  :lol:

Karen

L.O.V.E.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

pepper

If you go to the website now, anybody can buy tickets.  It doesn't mention a charity donation...

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

gwynned

This is interesting.  Using inclusive dating there are 777 DAYS between 6/25/09 and 8/10/11.   :mrgreen:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

gwynned

:o   I miscalculated.  It's not 777 days.  That was August 11.  I'm so sorry.  I guess I just wanted it to be so I saw it that way!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curls

This is interesting.  Using inclusive dating there are 777 DAYS between 6/25/09 and 8/10/11.   :mrgreen:

That's kind of funny because I've been saying for years that someone should write a thriller that hinges around a mix-up between the way the US and UK write dates.  Any chance MJ made a similar simple, yet fundamental mistake and planned something special for 8th of October instead of 10th of August??!!  Nah!  lolol/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions