~Souza~Topic starter

Gaddafi killed??
August 21, 2011, 04:02:22 PM
CONFIRMED: Mu'amar #Gaddafi, leader of #Libya for 42 years, has been shot DEAD in vicinity of Rixos Hotel in #Tripoli. #FF
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 04:44:26 PM by ~Souza~
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

Re: Gaddafi killed
August 21, 2011, 04:13:18 PM
Weird, it was tweeted by two reporters (as far as I saw), one said it was confirmed by Sky News, but I have CNN on and nothing, nor anything from Reuters. They don't even mention it as rumor.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
August 21, 2011, 04:19:13 PM
Hmmm there's nothing on news channels about this. It sounds like a rumor but even if CNN and other media outlets confirm this, are we going to believe it? Did Osama really die? Don't think so.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

August 21, 2011, 04:23:28 PM
I dont even see it as a rumor it appears to be a flat out lie or someone is preventing in the information from spreading. his death was listed on wikipedia but it had no section for his death. just wrote the date of his demise.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Coming soon to a trial near you; MJ: the resurrection

~Souza~Topic starter

August 21, 2011, 04:43:48 PM
I can't find anything else either, no clue where the info comes from.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

August 21, 2011, 04:52:31 PM
If it came from a reporter or journalist or any MSM...then it could be true...or not.  That's the problem...we can't trust anything to be 'truth' anymore if it's coming from anyone directly or indirectly working for 'the powers that be'.  He may have been killed...Gaddafi has some serious karma to balance out...and I won't be surprised if it turns out to be true.

I've cut my MSM 'news' viewing time significantly lately...if I do watch or listen to any form of media these days, I prefer it to be something that expands my mind or, at the least, something that I can escape into for awhile and get completely lost in thought.  To keep abreast of what's going on in the world, I mainly check in with 3 websites daily:  our forum, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, and You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ... although I only post on this one.  Those sites aren't for everyone...although if you're into conspiracy you'll like them...but there is a ton of info on both on a whole bunch of topics, from religion to the NWO to aliens, and everything inbetween....with links to actual government files, reports, scientific journals, etc.

Neither of those sites have mentioned Gaddafi yet...but I would trust either of them more than I would any mainstream news.  I'm sure we'll know soon enough.

With L.O.V.E. always.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The beauty of Michael Jackson is found in his heart and soul...his enormous talent is a bonus and what a bonus it is.

~PLAY the moments...PAUSE the memories...STOP the pain...REWIND the happiness~

all4loveandbelieve

Re: Gaddafi killed??
August 21, 2011, 04:56:06 PM
Libyan rebels claim Gaddafi son killed
Rebel spokesman says Libyan army commander Khamis Gaddafi killed in NATO airstrike on Zlitan, a claim government denies.

A Libyan rebel spokesman has claimed that a NATO air strike on the western city of Zlitan has killed Khamis Gaddafi, one of the sons of Libya's leader Muammar Gaddafi.

Mohammed Zawawi, a spokesman for the rebels, said on Friday that Khamis was among 32 people killed in the raid.

"Overnight there was an aircraft attack by NATO on the Gaddafi operations room in Zlitan and there are around 32 Gaddafi troops killed. One of them is Khamis," said Zawawi, a spokesman for the United Revolutionary Forces.

A NATO official at operations headquarters in Naples, Italy, told the Reuters news agency that while he was aware of the report, he could not confirm it.

"We cannot confirm anything right now, because we don't have people on the ground, but we are trying to find out what we can," he said.

"NATO struck an ammunition storage at around 8:15pm [1815 GMT] in Zlitan and a military police facility within a combat area at around 10:45pm [2045GMT] in the area of Zlitan yesterday," a NATO official told the AFP news agency, adding that it did not know if Khamis had been killed in those airstrikes.

According to NATO's regular operational media update, the alliance flew 117 sorties on Thursday, of which 44 were flown as "strike sorties", indicating that munitions were carried.

The targets hit included an "ammunition storage facility", a "military facility", two multiple rocket launchers and one surface-to-air missile system in Zlitan, the statement says.

It also said that it hit two "military facilities" in Tripoli, in addition to 11 other targets in various areas.

'Dirty trick'

Reuters reported a Libyan government spokesman as denying the death of Khamis, terming the report a "dirty trick".

"It's false news. They invented the news about Mr Khamis Gaddafi in Zlitan to cover up their killing," Moussa Ibrahim told Reuters in Tripoli.

"This is a dirty trick to cover up their crime in Zlitan and the killing of the al-Marabit family," he said, referring to a family the Libyan government says was killed by a NATO air raid on Thursday.

Zawawi said the report of Khamis Gaddafi's death was based on information from spies within the ranks of Gaddafi's forces.

IN VIDEO

Zeina Khodr reports from the Nafusa Mountains

Khamis, 28, is the commander of the Libyan army's 32nd Brigade, which rebels say has been at the forefront of the government's defence of Zlitan, the last major western town on the road to Tripoli from the rebel-held east of the country.

Al Jazeera's Andrew Simmons, reporting from Misrata, said that at the moment most indications pointed towards "this not [being] a valid claim".

"If anything the scepticism over this claim that Khamis is dead is growing all the time.

"It just doesn't really add up at this stage, for these reasons: NATO have confirmed that they've been attacking this area not only Thursday night and Friday morning, but also on Thursday - five attacks on Thursday and two overnight.

"But not at the command centre which one opposition spokesperson is claiming was hit by NATO," he said.

"You have to also add to this that we have had a claim before that Khamis has been killed by NATO, and it proved to be erroneous."

The Gaddafi government claims that NATO air strikes in Zlitan on Thursday killed a mother and her two sons.

Officials showed journalists the house they say was hit by NATO bombs.

A spokesman for the military alliance confirmed that an airstrike had taken place, but said that the bombs had hit a "command and control site".

"We always take seriously allegations of civilian casualties and are looking into it, but we have no evidence at this stage that this was caused by an air strike," he said.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

August 21, 2011, 06:57:14 PM
I am watching the news right now and it keeps flashing that Gaddafi's whereabouts are still unknown.  Both his sons have been arrested though.  Maybe his reign of terror will now be over.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I love you."  "I promise you I will make you all proud of me." "You will be proud of being a Michael Jackson fan." - Michael Jackson

~Souza~Topic starter

August 21, 2011, 07:16:38 PM
Seems not true, but now they say he has been wounded and captured:

Rebels deliberately spread false news of #Gaddafi's death. They are telling me G captured but wounded, will be sent to #ICC in Hague. #Libya

Seems like we're up for a new media circus here...They send all the pieces of shit of this world to The Hague, what did we do wrong? >:(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Im_convincedmjalive

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Down Ass G!!! More thaN U know haha! ~Smile~
  • I'm Watchin From -2012- Twilight Zone!:)
August 21, 2011, 07:18:47 PM
Unconfirmed: Tweets Say Gaddafi Has Left Libya [BREAKING]
By Charlie White | Mashable – Sat, Aug 20, 2011

I have Yahoo set as my homepage so first thing I see when I open my browser is news around the world. Interesting timeline of reports.

NATO racing to wrap up Libya campaign
By SLOBODAN LEKIC - Associated Press | AP – 6 hrs ago

BRUSSELS (AP) — With NATO's bombing of Libya now in its sixth month, a new sense of urgency is gripping the alliance as two critical deadlines loom next month.

Who can unite Libya if Gaddafi falls?
By Michael Georgy | Reuters – 3 hrs ago

Good question.

Rebels reach Tripoli, no sign of resistance
By Ulf Laessing and Missy Ryan | Reuters – 2 hrs 44 mins ago

Interesting end result.

Libya rebels in Tripoli, Gadhafi defenses collapse
By BEN HUBBARD - Associated Press,KARIN LAUB - Associated Press | AP – 9 mins ago

TRIPOLI, Libya (AP) — Euphoric Libyan rebels raced into the capital Tripoli on Sunday and moved close to center with little resistance as Moammar Gadhafi's defenses collapsed and his regime appeared to be crumbling fast.

Associated Press reporters with the rebels said they moved easily from the western outskirts into the regime stronghold in a dramatic turning of the tides in the 6-month-old Libyan civil war. A rebel leader said the unit in charge of protecting Gadhafi and Tripoli had surrendered and joined the revolt, allowing the opposition force to move in freely.

"They will enter Green Square tonight, God willing," said Mohammed al-Zawi, a 30-year-old rebel who entered Tripoli. Green Square has been the site of night rallies by Gadhafi supporters throughout the uprising.

Earlier in the day, the rebels overran a major military base defending the capital, carted away truckloads of weapons and raced to Tripoli with virtually no resistance.

Gadhafi's whereabouts were unknown. But he delivered a series of angry and defiant audio messages broadcast on state television. He was not shown in the messages. In the latest one, he acknowledged that the opposition forces were moving into Tripoli and warned the city would be turned into another Baghdad.

"How come you allow Tripoli the capital, to be under occupation once again?" he said. "The traitors are paving the way for the occupation forces to be deployed in Tripoli."

He called on his supporters to march in the streets of the capital and "purify it" from "the rats."

Opposition leaders at one point claimed Gadhafi's son and one-time heir apparent, Seif al-Islam, had been arrested, but they later backtracked and said this was not yet confirmed.

The rebels' surprising and speedy leap forward, after six months of largely deadlocked civil war, was packed into just a few dramatic hours. By nightfall, they had advanced more than 20 miles to Tripoli.

Thousands of jubilant civilians rushed out of their homes to cheer the long convoys of pickup trucks packed with rebel fighters shooting in the air. Some of the fighters were hoarse, shouting: "We are coming for you, frizz-head," a mocking nickname for Gadhafi. In villages along the way that fell to the rebels one after another, mosque loudspeakers blared "Allahu Akbar," or "God is great."

"We are going to sacrifice our lives for freedom," said Nabil al-Ghowail, a 30-year-old dentist holding a rifle in the streets of Janzour, a suburb just six miles west of Tripoli. Heavy gunfire erupted nearby.

As town after town fell and Gadhafi forces disappeared, the mood turned euphoric. Some shouted: "We are getting to Tripoli tonight." Others were shooting in the air, honking horns and yelling "Allahu Akbar."

Once they reached Tripoli, the rebels took control of one neighborhood, Ghot Shaal, on the western edge of the city. They set up checkpoints as a convoy of more than 10 trucks rolled in.
The rebels moved on to the neighborhood of Girgash, about a mile and a half from Green Square. They said they came under fire from a sniper on a rooftop in the neighborhood.

Sidiq al-Kibir, the rebel leadership council's representative for the capital Tripoli, confirmed the arrest of Seif al-Islam to the AP but did not give any further details.

Inside Tripoli, widespread clashes erupted for a second day between rebel "sleeper cells" and Gadhafi loyalists. Rebels fighter who spoke to relatives in Tripoli by phone said hundreds rushed into the streets in anti-regime protests in several neighborhoods.

The day's first breakthrough came when hundreds of rebels fought their way into a major symbol of the Gadhafi regime — the base of the elite 32nd Brigade commanded by Gadhafi's son, Khamis. Fighters said they met with little resistance. They were 16 miles from the big prize, Tripoli.

Hundreds of rebels cheered wildly and danced as they took over the compound filled with eucalyptus trees, raising their tricolor from the front gate and tearing down a large billboard of Gadhafi.

Inside, they cracked open wooden crates labeled "Libyan Armed Forces" and loaded their trucks with huge quantities of munitions. One of the rebels carried off a tube of grenades, while another carted off two mortars.

"This is the wealth of the Libyan people that he was using against us," said Ahmed al-Ajdal, 27, pointing to his haul. "Now we will use it against him and any other dictator who goes against the Libyan people."

One group started up a tank, drove it out of the gate, crushing the median of the main highway and driving off toward Tripoli. Rebels celebrated the capture with deafening amounts of celebratory gunfire, filling the air with smoke.

Across the street, rebels raided a huge warehouse, making off with hundreds of crates of rockets, artillery shells and large-caliber ammunition. The warehouse had once been using to storage packaged foods, and in the back, cans of beans were still stacked toward the ceiling.

They freed several hundred prisoners from a regime lockup. The fighters and the prisoners — many looking weak and dazed and showing scars and bruises from beatings — embraced and wept with joy.

The prisoners had been held in the walled compound and when the rebels rushed in, they freed more than 300 of them.

"We were sitting in our cells when all of a sudden we heard lots of gunfire and people yelling 'Allahu Akbar.' We didn't know what was happening, and then we saw rebels running in and saying 'We're on your side.' And they let us out," said 23-year-old Majid al-Hodeiri from Zawiya. He said he was captured four months ago by Gadhafi's forces and taken to base. He said he was beaten and tortured while under detention.

Many of the prisoners looked disoriented as they stopped at a gathering place for fighters several miles away from the base. Some had signs of severe beatings. Others were dressed in tattered T-shirts or barefoot. Rebels fighters and prisoners embraced.
From the military base, the convoy sped toward the capital.

Mahmoud al-Ghwei, 20 and unarmed, said he had just came along with a friend for the ride .
"It's a great feeling. For all these years, we wanted freedom and Gadhafi kept it from us. Now we're going to get rid of Gadhafi and get our freedom," he said.

At nightfall, the fighters reached Janzour, a Tripoli suburb. Along the way, they were greeted by civilians lining the streets and waving rebel flags. One man grabbed a rebel flag that had been draped over the hood of a slow-moving car and kissed it, overcome with emotion.

"We are not going back," said Issam Wallani, another rebel. "God willing, this evening we will enter Tripoli."

The uprising against Gadhafi broke out in mid-February, and anti-regime protests quickly spread across the vast desert nation with only 6 million people. A brutal regime crackdown quickly transformed the protests into an armed rebellion. Rebels seized Libya's east, setting up an internationally recognized transitional government there, and two pockets in the west, the port city of Misrata and the Nafusa mountain range.

Gadhafi clung to the remaining territory, and his forces failed to subdue the rebellion in Misrata, Libya's third-largest city, and in the Nafusa mountains. Since the start of August, thousands of rebel fighters, including many who fled Gadhafi-held cities, joined an offensive launched from the mountains toward the coast.

The fighters who had set out from the mountains three weeks ago rushed toward Tripoli on Sunday, start out at dawn from a village just east of the coastal city of Zawiya. Only a day earlier had the rebels claimed full control of Zawiya, an anti-regime stronghold with 200,000 people and Libya's last functioning oil refinery.

Rebels said Saturday that they had launched their first attack on Tripoli in coordination with NATO and gunbattles and mortar rounds rocked the city. NATO aircraft also made heavier than usual bombing runs after nightfall, with loud explosions booming across the city.

On Sunday, more heavy machine gun fire and explosions rang out across the capital with more clashes and protests.

Government minders in a hotel where foreign journalists have been staying in Tripoli armed themselves on Sunday in anticipation of a rebel take over. The hotel manager said he had received calls from angry rebels threatening to charge the hotel to capture the government's spokesman, Moussa Ibrahim.

Heavy gun fire was heard in the neighborhood around the Rixos hotel, and smoke was seen rising from a close by building.

"We are scared and staying in our houses, but the younger boys are going out to protect our homes," said a woman who spoke to The Associated Press by telephone from the pro-rebel Tripoli neighborhood of Bin Ashour. She spoke on condition of anonymity for fear of reprisal. She said a neighbor's son was shot dead on Saturday night by Gadhafi troops as he tried to protect his street with a group of rebel youth.

Nuri al-Zawi, another resident of Bin Ashour, told the AP by phone that the rebels were using light arms to protect their streets, and in some cases were using only their bodies to fend off the Gadhafi troops riding in pickup trucks.

"We are used to this situation now. We are a city that is cut off from the world now," he said.
The residents reported clashes in neighborhoods all over Tripoli as well as the city's Mitiga military airport. They said they heard loud explosions and exchanges in of gunfire in the Fashloum, Tajoura and Bin Ashour neighborhoods.

Residents and opposition fighters also reported large anti-regime protests in those same neighborhoods. In some of them, thousands braved the bullets of snipers perched atop high buildings.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

August 21, 2011, 08:11:23 PM
Damn it NATO, GANG OF GANGSTER :twisted: crash/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

August 22, 2011, 01:36:30 AM
There's a bunch of sites that think MJ copied Gaddafi's style of dress. I don't see much of any relationship.
Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 01:38:30 AM by MJonmind
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

use_your_illusion

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • If you're reading this...you owe me a dollar
August 22, 2011, 06:38:34 AM
Any word yet on what's REALLY going on, last time I heard, they said he released a statement and said something like he"will fight to the death" but that's the last I heard.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Do you give up yet?

paula-c

August 22, 2011, 08:52:38 AM

After Libya, which will be the next invasion, Syria, Iran or Venezuela?

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

gwynned

August 22, 2011, 09:44:35 AM
Has anyone noticed that since the inception of this 'war' the footage has been all photoshopped and the news contradictory?  I have been arguing for a couple of months now that NOTHING IS HAPPENING IN LIBYA!!!  That's right.  There is no rebellion.  There is no substantial rebel force.  There is no NATO bombing. 

My guess is that Qadaffi is having quite the laugh at the moment.  And as for his 'karma' (supposedly very bad), why is it that he is a respected and loved leader in AFRICA?  How is it that the standard of living in Libya is among the highest in the world, including free medical care, free college, etc.  Oh, and then there's the river project, among the wonders of the world, turning the dessert into habitable space. 

What do people know about Libya and Qadaffi except from the media?  Is it a coincidence that some of Michael's friends have visited Qadaffi, including Lionel Ritchie? 

I know this is outrageous to suggest, but when this all began, I received a report from some people who were in Libya at the time and they reported that NOTHING WAS HAPPENING!  And they wondered what all the media was about.  Since then, I examined all the videos, photos and news reports and have concluded that it's all an absolute hoax.  And lots of it is really funny as well. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions