PureLoveTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
Jackson family talks about Michael, plans for park, museum

Joe and Katherine Jackson appear together during a press conference to kick off the Legend's Weekend celebrating Michael Jackson's birthday at his childhood home in Gary, Ind. Thursday August 25, 2011.At right is Phan Thi Phuong Thao of the Khang Thong Group in Vietnam, where she is also developing Happyland, a five star resort hotel.

With a massive RV tucked behind her former tiny home, Katherine Jackson, mother of the late Michael Jackson, remembered her son as a generous child who was born to entertain.

Katherine Jackson joined husband Joe Jackson, other family members, and business associates in an impromptu press conference to kick off the four-day Legends Festival honoring Michael Jackson before what would have been his 53rd birthday Monday.

Katherine Jackson remembered Michael Jackson as a happy, generous child and her five sons as they were becoming pop star sensations The Jackson 5.

“There’s a lot of memories that stand out in my mind from when we were here, like when the boys used to practice all the time,” Katherine Jackson said about her sons’ group The Jackson 5. “I remember Michael was so happy when he was young, and he used to take all his money and buy candy for all the kids in the neighborhood.

“I’m here because I love (Michael Jackson).”

Jackson said she would leave town before Monday, because she does not celebrate birthdays due to her religious beliefs. Jackson also said she wanted to return to California before her grandchildren start the school year.

Joe Jackson told the small crowd of plans under way by the Jackson Family Heritage Foundation, including investing in Happy Land, a massive entertainment center in Vietnam that will include a Michael Jackson tribute area.

Phan Thi Phuong Thao, chairwoman of Khang Tong, the Vietnamese company building the complex, flanked Katherine Jackson during the conference.

While city officials several weeks ago complained nothing had moved forward on the entertainment complex that was planned for the Glen Park neighborhood, Simon Sahouri, the man charged with bringing a Michael Jackson museum and entertainment arts complex to Gary, dismissed concerns by some city officials he may not be the man for the job.

Sahouri insisted he has secured the not-for-profit status city officials require before giving away acres of land to the project.

“I don’t like to submit bits and pieces of the project,” Sahouri said of the complex when asked if it was still in the works. “It is going to be for real, 100 percent.”

In the spring, the city’s Board of Public Works and Safety again extended a deadline for Sahouri to provide proof the foundation has the proper tax status. Instead, city attorneys received a photocopy of paperwork for a not-for-profit foundation with a different name.

Sahouri also said he was confident the city’s next mayor will back him up.

“I believe in everybody in the city of Gary, Indiana, that this is going to happen.”

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 06:48:01 PM by PureLove
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 08:11:19 PM by PureLove
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

all4loveandbelieve

Nice pictures of Katherine and Paris. I feel Paris is very close with her grandmother. Does anyone know if they sold the house in Gary? It looks very well taken care of..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

PureLoveTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.

Thank you for the pictures paula. The kids are there too. Katherine looks sad again on the third picture.  :cry:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

She has her leg up, maybe there was a scary bug heading her way. :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

Thank you for the pictures paula. The kids are there too. Katherine looks sad again on the third picture.  :cry:

It gives me nostalgia when i look at the neighborhood and in the building where i live my childhood and adolescence ::P

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

2good2btrue

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • FORGIVENESS IS THE KEY TO YOUR HAPPINESS
Is this the first time the children have been there???  Looks like Papa Joe is giving Blanket a lecture about how he turned his own children into megastars!!

Katherine looks unwell....she obviously can't stand on her feet  for very long...this are signs of detoriation of her health. 

I have to say, poor Katherine seems like the puppet in all of this....I always thought she was a strong person, but lately, she seems to be easily manipulated.  This concerns me, but on the otherhand, if it is part of MJ's plan, I can't argue with that.  Just stating my observations.  God bless. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bec

KJ is over 80 years old. She looks incredible.

I wish they would stop the obviously bullshit talk about this museum and park. It annoys me. It's so shallow of the city and so clearly never going to happen.

Ps. The Jackson Family never sold the Gary house and still own it. I don't know which Jackson Family member exactly holds the deed; the details available are very vague on that.
Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 09:52:48 PM by bec
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

Blanket looks so much like Michael. Michael has such a beautiful family  :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You can't do your best when you're doubting yourself. If you don't believe in yourself, who will?" - Michael Jackson...Moonwalk

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal