Andrea

bec - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Conrad Murray Trial To Be Televised

Dr. Conrad Murray's manslaughter trial in the death of Michael Jackson will be televised.

0207_conrad_mj_Getty_TMZ_01_BN

Judge Michael Pastor handed down the surprise order today. 

The trial will not only put the spotlight on Jackson's death, but the manner in which the medical community treats celebrities.

Opening statements should begin the first week in April.

It doesn't say it was Murray's team or not and I don't recall reading it anywhere else.  Either way, it will be "reality" tv at it's finest.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bec

@Andrea, thanks. I did a little Google search and found several articles saying similar things, best I could find is CNN saying neither the Defense nor Prosecution opposed cameras back on Feb 8th, 2011.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

February 8, 2011You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Posted: 12:35 PM ET
Los Angeles, CA- The trial of the doctor accused of killing Michael Jackson will be televised. In a rare move, Judge Michael Pastor decided Monday to permit cameras after both sides stated they were unopposed to it. In the past sixteen years, only two high-profile trials were televised in downtown Los Angeles: the 1995 double murder trial of O.J. Simpson and the 2007 murder trial of music producer Phil Spector.
Judge Pastor announced he would permit the televising of “openings, the presentation of evidence, closing arguments, the verdict or mistrial declaration” and sentencing, if it gets to that point. He said jury selection, side bar conferences and legal arguments, which are usually outside the jury’s presence, will not be televised.
The judge also noted that there may be times during the trial when he will deem it appropriate to “obscure some witnesses,” so he’ll order the cameras turned off.   He didn’t state which witnesses, but it’s possible he is thinking of Michael Jackson’s children who could be called to testify.
Jury selection is scheduled to begin March 24. The judge and attorneys expect opening statements and the first witnesses to be presented on Tuesday, April 5.
The attorneys will be back in court February 15 to discuss ongoing discovery matters. Doctor Conrad Murray does not have to be present on that date.
Murray is charged with involuntary manslaughter.  He has pleaded not guilty.

-Beth Karas, In Session Correspondent
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

Andrea

So the judge decided (via MJ I'm sure) and people were surprised by that decision...further proof to me that this is definitely a hoax court.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Maybe I'm stupid, but what does "talking heads are talking through other body parts" mean??

OnTheWingsOfLove

It means they will be talking out their asses. It's a little judge funny, lol.
Well thanks for clearing that up!!  A judge with a sense of humor, who would have thought it!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Defender of the faith, Supporter of the Word!"

Judge Pastor announced he would permit the televising of “openings, the presentation of evidence, closing arguments, the verdict or mistrial declaration” and sentencing, [/color]if it gets to that point.

Hmmmmmm!  suspicious// Interesting!!   suspicious// I just love reading between the lines! ::P
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions