~Souza~Topic starter

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
8/30/2011 12:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The people behind the upcoming Michael Jackson tribute concert want to make peace with the fans who have sworn to boycott the event ... by inviting them all to join in on a conference call to air out their grievances.

TMZ spoke to a rep for the concert who says they're inviting the leaders of several prominent fan groups to join them Wednesday for "an informative call to address some of the misinformation about the upcoming Michael Forever tribute."

For those unfamiliar, a TON of MJ fan groups banded together in anger -- after Jermaine and Randy Jackson claimed it would be "inappropriate" to support a concert "during the criminal trial surrounding Michael's death."

We're told event organizers are hoping the call with put "rumors and incorrect information to rest."

Stay tuned ...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Playing it safe is the riskiest choice.
LOL that photo is funny :lol: :lol: :lol:

The angry fans must be the nonbelievers and Michael wants to offer them a peace treaty
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Playing it safe is the riskiest choice.
I don't think the "angry fans" will be that flatered by that picture lolol/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

That meaning will be four in roman numerals in the coat of the tribute? confused/

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bec

The 3 pitchforks make 12 (total) tines. A tine is a sharp point on a pitchfork.

Considering TS's latest redirect and most current topic of convo, those 12 tines appearing in this pic are interesting.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

The 3 pitchforks make 12 (total) tines. A tine is a sharp point on a pitchfork.

Considering TS's latest redirect and most current topic of convo, those 12 tines appearing in this pic are interesting.

oh, there must be something behind it, I just got to the same thinking... and.... BAM - you are posting the same hahahaha  lolol/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curls

Has anyone else been following these fans against the tribute:

They seem to be saying none of the groups have been contacted/invited by GLE to this conference call.
Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 12:51:30 PM by curls
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Curls - thanks for the link. Interesting because it appears as though the sites have to be "verified' before they are invited and that is making a bunch of them mad.

PS - leave it to Pearl Jr to post a hoax comment on the forum.

go ahead with the tribute - if some don't want to go or are against it - they can just stfu about it. · You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login · 3 hours agoYou are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginThe fan clubs invited to the conference call had to be "verified" fan clubs similar to the way celebs have to be "verified" on twitter.  And none of them were - so they were not invited.  Nuff said
    • "We are 100 percent going ahead. We will continue to announce names for the line-up. We are moving forward and now we will try to address issues that have been raised by fans," Juliette Harris, a spokeswoman for Global Events Live told Reuters.

Harris said members of VERIFIED JACKSON FAN CLUBS will be invited to take part in a conference call on Tuesday, August 30, in which promoters of the October 8 tribute in Wales will try to allay their concerns" · You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login · 3 hours ago
    • You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ·  Top Commenter · You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginIs that why MJ.com was contacted?  That is not a fan site. That is Sony's site.
      And Ms. Simmons, your tone and attitude is exactly how Global has treated Michael's fans; something that Mr. Jackson would never do.  · You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login · 46 minutes ago
  • You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login · You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginMJJCommunity has not benn contacted nor any form of communication has taken place with them, they know our website address and in there you are able to contact the owner or any of the administrators.6 ·  · You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login · 5 hours ago
    • You are not allowed to view links. Register or Loginevidently you are NOT verified · You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login · 2 hours ago
  • You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login · You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login“Alive! Is Michael Jackson Really Dead?" streaming now on Netflix.
    Michael Jackson is NOT dead is the subject of a jaw-dropping documentary.

No name on grave.
    Not listed in Forest Lawn database.
    ...See More2 ·  · You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login · 3 hours ago
  • You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login · You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginI know in my heart  if this the best they can do they shouldn't do it!1 ·  · You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login · 5 hours ago
  • You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ·  Top Commenter · You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginGLE must be very confident that they can sell out the concert based on their confirmed performers. what is perplexing, however, is that if GLE indeed wanted for the tribute to be particularly successful, why not be respectful toward MJ fans' concerns and the concerns of all his family members? further, the protests may not entirely be about MJ fans simply not wanting to support the event (or Katherine Jackson/the Jacksons, for that matter, as some may assume) based on lack of [mis]information / knowledge, as GLE is choosing to spin it. to the contrary, it may be, in part, about MJ fans *wanting* to support it - IF the timing were respectful to the trial of the man who is being held responsible for the homicide of Michael Jackson. this is no small matter and emotions are very high already in regards to the trial.
    during the CNN p...See More · You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login · 54 minutes ago
  • You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginOk so who does the verification? I run several pages that signed that Fans Against letter to Forever Michael\GLE and no one contacted any of us. · You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login · 4 minutes ago
  • You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginThis "tribute" aka money making scam is an insult to Michael's memory · You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login · 2 hours ago
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

curls

Updates:

1. Cee Lo Green thinks it's been cancelled:

Hundreds of official fan forums have begged for the cancellation and hundreds of you have written to Stereoboard calling for the gig to be called off. And now, despite desperate attempts by the organisers to make sure the gig goes ahead, it looks as though Cee Lo Green may have delivered the news you have all been waiting for.

“I just read the gig was cancelled,” Green said in an interview with You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login “so I'm not sure. But I'm up for it - I already have my bags packed. It's honourable to be asked by the family and estate to celebrate the life and accomplishments of Michael Jackson.”

There have been no official statements or talks about the concert being cancelled, but there must have been at least some news flying around for Green to talk publicly about its cancellation.

2. GLE have supposedly contacted the fan site admins re conference call tonight:

Hi Everyone, All Fan Group Administrators have now been contacted with details of the phone in for tonight's conference calls. We're looking forward to speaking with you soon. Thanks.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

_Anna_

I simply fail to see the reason of all this. WHY do they insist that much with this tribute?

It's like no one wants it, people created a whole reavolution against it, but they don't give up. At least for dignity and respect I would give up if I was in their shoes. What is the purpose of all this? To me it simply shows that the Jacksons have no dignity and respect neither for Michael nor for the people, and are desperate for money, if this is real and if this is the only side of all this story.
Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 01:37:30 PM by _Anna_
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Grace

March 29, 2008 
By Rev. Susan Esco Chandler   
A friend writes:
"I hoped that the Patriots would win the Super Bowl. They didn't.
"I also hoped that my investments would do well enough to sustain dreams of early retirement. They didn't.
"When my mother found out she had breast cancer, I hoped that she would be able to avoid a radical mastectomy. She didn't.
When you feel like the patron saint of lost causes, it is easy to ask whether God has abandoned us, or whether God is there at all.
At this point, we have three choices:
r Abandon all hope;
r Pretend things aren't that bad; or
r Believe that it's all part of a Greater Plan.
Let's take a closer look:
The first choice leads to bitterness or insanity. If we really took the enormous suffering of the world to heart, and saw no way out, no final justice or redemption, we'd either become embittered in our despair or we'd crack under the strain. This is not a good choice.
The second option is the much preferred. Pretending things aren't that bad manifests itself in either na•ve optimism or willful attempts to remain blind to other people's suffering. Some na•vely optimistic pretenders are optimistic for themselves: they believe bad stuff only happens to other people who somehow deserve it — the "you-smoked-for-30-years-so-you-deserve-your-cancer" school of thought.
Other na•vely optimistic pretenders are optimistic for the sum total of humanity. They believe we can create our own paradise on Earth if we just work together. But even if this were possible — and every bit of evidence in the history of humanity says it isn't — this future paradise wouldn't undo all of the pain and suffering and crushed hope of the past.
The third choice is the Christian's choice. Our real hope lies in resurrection: that no matter what happens in this life, Christ has won for us an inheritance in heaven that is imperishable, undefiled and unfading.
Yet this choice is burdened with its own problems. When Christians answer crushed hope with talk of heaven, they're accused of rationalizing inaction, of being pie-in-the-sky idealists, escapists who can't deal with reality. Christians with hope hear things like, "That's all well and good, but it doesn't really put food on the table, or pay the rent, or cure my cancer, does it?" Modern Christians are supposed to be activists, not escapists.
Yet we can embrace suffering as Christ did on the cross because we know that the cross is not the end of the matter, that something better is coming.

Once I was visiting with a woman diagnosed with terminal cancer. Her doctor told her to start making preparations to die, so she contacted her church and asked for someone to come to her.
  She told me which songs she wanted at the service, what Scriptures she wanted read. She also told me that she wanted to be buried with her Book of Common Prayer. As I was preparing to leave, the woman suddenly remembered something else. "There's one more thing," she said.
"Yes?" I gently asked.
"This is very important," the woman continued. "I want to be buried with a fork in my right hand." I was stunned.
"That shocks you, doesn't it?" the woman asked.
"Well, to be honest, I'm puzzled," I replied.
The woman explained. "In all my years of attending church socials and functions where food was involved, my favorite part was when whoever was clearing away the dishes of the main course would lean over and say,
'Keep your fork.' It was my favorite part because I knew that something better was coming. When they told me to keep my fork, I knew that something great was about to be given to me.Something with substance. So I just want people to know that I'm being buried with a fork and wonder, 'What's with the fork?' Then I want you to tell them: 'Something better is coming, so keep your fork.' "
This was the day that I adopted "Fork Theology." This woman had a beautiful grasp of what heaven was all about: something better was coming.
So the next time you reach down for your fork, let it remind you that there is something better coming.
This season of Easter is a special time for Christians to celebrate the ultimate reason for our hope: Christ is risen and invites us to rise with him to new life. That's no invitation to leave the table; it's a suggestion to keep our forks.
Maybe the Pats can win it all this year.
The Rev. Susan Esco Chandler is the priest of St. James Episcopal Church, Amesbury.

Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 03:01:50 PM by Grace
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

everlastinglove_MJ

March 29, 2008 
By Rev. Susan Esco Chandler   
A friend writes:
"I hoped that the Patriots would win the Super Bowl. They didn't.
"I also hoped that my investments would do well enough to sustain dreams of early retirement. They didn't.
"When my mother found out she had breast cancer, I hoped that she would be able to avoid a radical mastectomy. She didn't.
When you feel like the patron saint of lost causes, it is easy to ask whether God has abandoned us, or whether God is there at all.
At this point, we have three choices:
r Abandon all hope;
r Pretend things aren't that bad; or
r Believe that it's all part of a Greater Plan.
Let's take a closer look:
The first choice leads to bitterness or insanity. If we really took the enormous suffering of the world to heart, and saw no way out, no final justice or redemption, we'd either become embittered in our despair or we'd crack under the strain. This is not a good choice.
The second option is the much preferred. Pretending things aren't that bad manifests itself in either na•ve optimism or willful attempts to remain blind to other people's suffering. Some na•vely optimistic pretenders are optimistic for themselves: they believe bad stuff only happens to other people who somehow deserve it — the "you-smoked-for-30-years-so-you-deserve-your-cancer" school of thought.
Other na•vely optimistic pretenders are optimistic for the sum total of humanity. They believe we can create our own paradise on Earth if we just work together. But even if this were possible — and every bit of evidence in the history of humanity says it isn't — this future paradise wouldn't undo all of the pain and suffering and crushed hope of the past.
The third choice is the Christian's choice. Our real hope lies in resurrection: that no matter what happens in this life, Christ has won for us an inheritance in heaven that is imperishable, undefiled and unfading.
Yet this choice is burdened with its own problems. When Christians answer crushed hope with talk of heaven, they're accused of rationalizing inaction, of being pie-in-the-sky idealists, escapists who can't deal with reality. Christians with hope hear things like, "That's all well and good, but it doesn't really put food on the table, or pay the rent, or cure my cancer, does it?" Modern Christians are supposed to be activists, not escapists.
Yet we can embrace suffering as Christ did on the cross because we know that the cross is not the end of the matter, that something better is coming.

Once I was visiting with a woman diagnosed with terminal cancer. Her doctor told her to start making preparations to die, so she contacted her church and asked for someone to come to her.
  She told me which songs she wanted at the service, what Scriptures she wanted read. She also told me that she wanted to be buried with her Book of Common Prayer. As I was preparing to leave, the woman suddenly remembered something else. "There's one more thing," she said.
"Yes?" I gently asked.
"This is very important," the woman continued. "I want to be buried with a fork in my right hand." I was stunned.
"That shocks you, doesn't it?" the woman asked.
"Well, to be honest, I'm puzzled," I replied.
The woman explained. "In all my years of attending church socials and functions where food was involved, my favorite part was when whoever was clearing away the dishes of the main course would lean over and say, 'Keep your fork.' It was my favorite part because I knew that something better was coming. When they told me to keep my fork, I knew that something great was about to be given to me.Something with substance. So I just want people to know that I'm being buried with a fork and wonder, 'What's with the fork?' Then I want you to tell them: 'Something better is coming, so keep your fork.' "
This was the day that I adopted "Fork Theology." This woman had a beautiful grasp of what heaven was all about: something better was coming.
So the next time you reach down for your fork, let it remind you that there is something better coming.
This season of Easter is a special time for Christians to celebrate the ultimate reason for our hope: Christ is risen and invites us to rise with him to new life. That's no invitation to leave the table; it's a suggestion to keep our forks.
Maybe the Pats can win it all this year.
The Rev. Susan Esco Chandler is the priest of St. James Episcopal Church, Amesbury.

So.. let's keep our forks  respect/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

curls

Report from one fan site on their call with tribute organisers:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login Legendary Michael Jackson FA was just in a conference call with Global Live Events about the Forever Michael Tribute Concert which is scheduled for October 8th 2011. We spoke with Andy Picheta who is the Live Event Director. The call lasted for about 15 minutes. Because this is about Michael and his fans we are sharing the information we got from the phone call with you here.
Invitation to KISS / Gene Simmons
Picheta explained that the selection of KISS was not discussed with the Jackson family. Also they did not research it enough and were just happy to book the act since they were told Michael was very fond of them. Now, especially because of the recent comments made by Simmons, they are happy that they have been removed from the line-up. GLE hopes that this shows to the fans that they do care.
Why contact the fanclubs now?
We were contacted this week by GLE for this conference call. We asked them why now? Why not in the early stages of setting up the tribute concert? Picheta explained that they have done many concerts and tributes. Fans are always part of it but normally a small part. With Michael Jackson it’s totally different. They say they didn’t realize that. When they could do this all over again, they would definitely contact the fanclubs in the early stages.
Picheta also comments that ‘they’ thought organizing a tribute concert for Michael could only be a good thing.

Timing issue
We asked Picheta why the concert was not scheduled for June 25th or August 29th. Now, the concert is badly timed with the trial against Conrad Murray. Picheta explained that they wanted to do the show on one of these dates but that it came with practical issues like artist booking and vanue availability.
So why on October 8th? According to Picheta this is one day different from the start of Michael’s solo career. It was the release of Michael’s first solo single Got To Be There on October 7th 1971 that marked the official launch of his solo career. 2011 marks the 40th anniversary of his solo career.
Ticket pricing
According to Picheta the ticket pricing is normal for concerts this big in the UK. He named the recent Take That concert as example. Tickets of Take That varied from £ 55 upto £ 145. Ticket pricing for this concert start at £ 56. About 2/3 of the audience is able to buy tickets below £ 100.
Charities
Picheta insures that GLE has made a profit share agreement with two charities; Aids LA and the Prince’s Trust. The Prince’s Trust because Michael did a benefit concert for that charity in 1988. They get a share of the profit of ticket sales and TV broadcasting. Picheta insures us that both charities are happy with the agreement.
Guaranteed performances
Picheta explained that fans are protected by the UK law. For example. If someone expects to see Ne-Yo and he wasn’t there they can get a full refund of their ticket. The UK law is very clear about this and protects consumers for this.
Estate of Michael Jackson
The administrators of the Estate of Michael Jackson are handpicked by Michael himself. It is very important for LMJ that the Estate is involved in a tribute of global size. We asked Picheta why they are not working with the Estate. According to Picheta GLE respects the Estate, the work they do and the copyrights they have. He also is clear about the fact that in the UK it is allowed to perform songs from any artist you want as long as you pay for the use of them. There is an organization that takes 2,5 % of the ticket price to make sure this is done.
Picheta says they feel they are not working against the Estate but alongside the Estate. He also points out that 13 Jackson family members will be either attending or performing at the show.
He also referred to the diplomatic response of Janet Jackson who was invited to perform too. Janet told GLE that “it is not right for her at this time”.
The information above is honest and factual. As usual LMJ wants to protect Michael’s legacy above all. It is our duty to inform his fans with facts so you can decide for yourselves. Please leave a comment to let us know how you feel about the Tribute Concert now.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
Thank you so much for the updates curls.  beerchug I wonder if the tribute is going to happen or not.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

_Anna_

Answer from Global Live Events to The Estate.

I still don't understand how this can go on if they don't have the approval from The Estate to use his name and image.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions