paula-cTopic starter

Prosecutors urge secrecy to prevent leaks before trial of Michael Jackson doctor

Linda Deutsch, The Associated Press Sep 01, 2011 16:27:00 PM

LOS ANGELES, Calif. - Prosecutors want to delay disclosure of coroner and fire department records on Michael Jackson's death to parties in a civil suit to prevent information leaks to the media before the trial of his doctor.

In documents filed Wednesday, Deputy District Attorneys David Walgren and Deborah Brazil said media leaks would be inevitable if the reports are released for the civil case, in which Lloyd's of London is suing entertainment giant AEG Live over the insurance policy for the pop star's ill-fated concert series.

The prosecutors asked that materials including Jackson's autopsy photos remain sealed until the conclusion of the involuntary manslaughter trial for Dr. Conrad Murray.

Noting that Murray's case has received "significant, unrelenting media attention," they said any media leaks also would complicate jury selection for that criminal trial, which begins Sept.8.

Prosecutors predicted that those with access to the evidence would be offered money for any information. They also said some of the material sought in the lawsuit may never be admitted in evidence at the criminal trial.

Jackson, 50, died in June 2009, days before he was to go to London for the "This Is It" concerts.

Lloyd's had insured Jackson for $17.5 million for the shows. The insurer is challenging payment of the policy, saying they did not know Jackson was taking drugs before he died of an overdose of the anesthetic propofol.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The prosecutors asked that materials including Jackson's autopsy photos remain sealed until the conclusion of the involuntary manslaughter trial for Dr. Conrad Murray.

But afterwards, you can spread them all over the net??!!!!
I want this trial to come on already. 7 more days (US time)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

boy you can say that again!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

boy you can say that again!

I want this trial to come on already.
 :mrgreen:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions