_Anna_

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I agree with you Bec.. What on earth? If it wasn't for Katherine and Joe Michael wouldn't have been here. I do not condone the beating Joe gave Michael, but if Joe did not push Michael he wouldn't have been the King he is today.

While their selfimportant, selfrighteous attitude towards the family like they are some kind of authority is lame, I don't agree with what you said here. You say this as if Joseph hadn't beat him like that, he wouldn't have been the king today. That is not "pushing" him to become the king. If beating him to death for you means to "push" him, then...

Joseph has no excuse for what he did to Michael. It's easy to speak when you were not in his shoes. No matter if he's the father, he had no excuse. You can forgive. And I know Michael has forgiven Joseph, as he already said, because he has a big heart. But no matter the circumstances, no matter what you want to achieve or how you want to push your son or anybody for that matter, to become the king of the world, in no way it's justified to treat him like that. I don't judge Joseph, nor no one. It's in Michael's hands to forgive him or not... But I can say what I feel. To beat him like that has no earthly excuse.
Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 12:13:19 AM by _Anna_
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

@Anna

A friend of my cousin's was a lighting technician at one of the big Vegas hotels in the 1970s. He worked on The Jacksons' show. He said that during rehearsals, he could see black and blue marks on Michael, that during breaks Michael would go off and sit by himself. According to him it was common knowledge that Joe beat him but no one did anything - “the show must go on”.

I look at pictures of young Michael, so cute and full of spunk, then shy, self conscious teenage Michael and wonder how on earth anyone could hit him. He's so beautiful, how could his own father belittle him? I agree with you, there is no earthly reason. Talent and a desire to please were there to be cultivated, but not like that. Joe's treatment set Michael up for all the bad things that came later in his life. Because Joe didn't love and protect Michael, Micheal wanted to love and protect other boys, to give them what he hadn't received.

I'm sorry if this offends anyone but if Michael says it was so, that's good enough for me. I don't understand fans who defend Joe's actions.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Grace

This "fan" behaviour is quite predictable. It is pure shame.

The cited letter is not far from stalking and is imposing the stalker's view on the stalked.
Stalkers are like druggies - insatiably dependent. I bet you could give them Michael in person and they would yellingly swallow the man and still ask for more.

Now we may extend the questions to: "are stalking fans also victims?"
I'd say yes to some extend, fans are made by entertainment industry.
Possessive fans are made by making the star "ever available" to their lives wherever, whenever, always, forever.
(That's why we can listen to music with our telephone. Does that make sense? My Granny would energetically shake her head.)
Industry does never care about individuals - that's why it's an industry.
So the man on stage and the fans in the crowd are means and objects alike to make $$$.

One explicit difference I notice however between a "normal" fan and a possessive, "drugged-up" stalker-type fan: the latter knows to some extend that what he is doing is not right and is crossing borders. A stalker lives from the power he gains over the stalked because the victim will change life to get away from the stalker.
That explains to some extend why the authors of that letter dare addressing the family. They cannot even imagine how unimportant they are in real life. Still they come to the gates ringing the bell, accompanied by all kind of respectless, childish "I need you so" approval of blinddness, deafness and stubborn "Alert Steel Thickhead" (the latter being JCC's words from 2009 - all of them may be found here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login).

With the Cardiff Giant Memorial, we witnessed one more time that someone triggered the avalanche on purpose.
The reactions were so predictable, unfortunately. Why for heaven's sake should Michael ever come back to folks like these? It's sufficient to have those ever screaming fainting girls to get turned off touring. What a respectless, self-humiliating action.

All of this reminds me much of the discussion we had a year ago about "Re-Education: will things be any different?" The examples of possessive fan behaviour given in this thread are incredible, showing no limits.
(Don't get scared off big formats in some posts deriving from conversion to this board and youtube links not directly displaying the videos.)
Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 01:01:42 AM by Grace
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

_Anna_

@Anna

A friend of my cousin's was a lighting technician at one of the big Vegas hotels in the 1970s. He worked on The Jacksons' show. He said that during rehearsals, he could see black and blue marks on Michael, that during breaks Michael would go off and sit by himself. According to him it was common knowledge that Joe beat him but no one did anything - “the show must go on”.

I look at pictures of young Michael, so cute and full of spunk, then shy, self conscious teenage Michael and wonder how on earth anyone could hit him. He's so beautiful, how could his own father belittle him? I agree with you, there is no earthly reason. Talent and a desire to please were there to be cultivated, but not like that. Joe's treatment set Michael up for all the bad things that came later in his life. Because Joe didn't love and protect Michael, Micheal wanted to love and protect other boys, to give them what he hadn't received.

I'm sorry if this offends anyone but if Michael says it was so, that's good enough for me. I don't understand fans who defend Joe's actions.

exactly ... and this doesn't mean I accuse Joseph or anything. I just state my opinion on what I think it's right or wrong. And beating him has no earthly excuse, no reason. The fact that you are the father doesn't give you also the right to beat your son to death. Joseph was wrong. Very wrong...But what is done is done, unfortunately. But the fact that Michael could forgive him shows what an amazing and strong man he is.

The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naïve forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.
Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 01:52:21 AM by _Anna_
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The cited letter is not far from stalking and is imposing the stalker's view on the stalked.
Stalkers are like druggies - insatiably dependent. I bet you could give them Michael in person and they would yellingly swallow the man and still ask for more.

Absolutely agree. Sin of pride speaks through them.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

i really can't describe how angry i am after reading this letter, how did they say it "MODESTY IS A VIRTUE"? they write it but it doesn't count for them i guess.
I didn't like the word fan, now even less, because it's short for fanatic, but for them it's a really good name isn't?
They never new the man and i think they never will .....they only new his music, they hear him say things in the past but never really listened to what he has to say, otherwise they would.nt be attacking the family or more importend His Mother, who he loved and still loves.
I was thinking if they even considered Michael could read this, will they think Michael would be happy with this trash.
So no sorry for this fanatics for me,  >:(

I have also mentioned before, i don't like this word, neither its meaning

Fanaticism is a passion that is exacerbated, excessive and persistent, particularly towards religious or political cause, or a pastime or hobby. It consists of a passionate and unconditional adhesion to a cause, an unrestrained enthusiasm and persistent obsession towards certain topics in stubborn way, sometimes indiscriminate and violent. Fanaticism may refer to any belief that is akin to a person or group. In extreme cases in which fanaticism overcomes rationality, can reach extremes dangerous and kill human beings or imprison them, and may include the desire to unconditional impose a belief as symptom, considered good for the fan or a group of them.

just incase you think i didn't read your reply before, but i did read it, it's just i always said that to peolple i speak with and asking me if i am a fan.....i really don't like that word, so i guess we think alike on this one.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”
― Michael Jackson

Paula,
maybe i had to reffered to you i'm sorry i didn't.

It's all for LOVE
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”
― Michael Jackson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal