~Souza~Topic starter

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
52 MINUTES AGO BY TMZ STAFF

A powerful parents group is BLASTING the people behind the TLC reality show "Toddlers and Tiaras" -- after a parent dressed a 3-year-old girl as a prostitute for a beauty pageant.

The show has been under fire over a promo spot, featuring a pint-size beauty queen dressed up like Julia Roberts in "Pretty Woman" -- during her street-walking hooker phase.

But the Parents Television Council is LIVID -- claiming, "We have a serious problem when a network formerly known as The Learning Channel features a toddler, who probably hasn't even learned to read, dressed as a prostitute showing off her sexy strut."

The PTC adds, "There's no question, TV executives are complicit in robbing these small kids of their childhood."

"For years we've seen adult sexuality being inappropriately and aggressively foisted on innocent young children, but children today are being sexualized at younger and younger ages. All available data suggests they will suffer for it later in life."

'Toddlers and Tiaras'
Appalling 94%
Fun show 6%
Total Votes: 10,064
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

If that's representative for the majority of the public, then 6% of the people are out of their fucking minds.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

Those parents are effed in the head and need to quit trying to realize their own sad dreams through their children.  The parents compete more with each other than the children.  Kids need to be kids, these parents are just sending the wrong message to their children and leaving them open to predators.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curls

Sometimes I think I am a different species to these parents. What must be going through their heads (or not, more likely) to think this is a good idea. Disgusting.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

If that's representative for the majority of the public, then 6% of the people are out of their fucking minds.

Whats really sad about this is the controversy brings in more viewers.
There are a lot of messed up people in this world. This show makes me so angry! These poor kids,
I hope this show is cancelled. It builds ratings so they continue to glorify it.
Sex in general is becoming too normalized. And now little girls wearing sexy outfits and dancing like little strippers is entertainment. These parents need help!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Not too much pisses me off beyond reason...but when it comes to children, and not just my own...I can easily become a lion.  These children may not have one single bruise on their bodies...they may never have been touched in inappropriate ways...but they are being abused.  Laws are in place to protect children from all kinds of abuse....where is the law in all of this?  Where is the massive outcry that should be taking place?  ONE parent group is speaking up for these children?

If all the people who raked Mike over coals, ten times over...and judged him as being a 'bad' parent...all for covering his children's faces with veils in public....if THEY all got together and fought as hard against this as they did against Mike's parenting skills...not only would this pathetic attempt of a 'show' be cancelled swiftly but all sexualizing of children would come to a screeching halt.

If that's not one of the biggest examples of misplaced priorities...I don't know what is.

With L.O.V.E. always.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The beauty of Michael Jackson is found in his heart and soul...his enormous talent is a bonus and what a bonus it is.

~PLAY the moments...PAUSE the memories...STOP the pain...REWIND the happiness~

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions