PureLoveTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
Open Letter On Behalf of Michael Jackson Fans to the Mainstream Media

Dear Worldwide Mainstream Media,

We, the Michael Jackson fanbase, are keenly aware that the Society of Professional Journalists believe that public enlightenment is the forerunner of justice and the foundation of democracy.The duty of the journalist is to further those ends by seeking truth and providing a fair and comprehensive account of events and issues. And although this code of ethics is voluntary, the majority of journalists embrace this code, believing that professional integrity is the cornerstone of a journalist's credibility.

The Michael Jackson fan base is asking for a worldwide media ban of the use of the term "Jacko". Rooted in racism and negativity, the name plants the suggestion of "Wacko Jacko" widely used by tabloids to identify Michael Jackson prior to death. The media's use of this name directly contradicts professional journalists' code of ethics. There is no "public enlightenment" with the use of the term "Jacko". There is no truth to the name "Jacko" and there certainly is no provision for a fair or comprehensive account of any event or issue surrounding Michael Jackson.

The name "Jacko", when used by journalists has two priorities: ratings and revenue. Additionally, the name is used to sway public opinion. In a heightened age of mistrust of the media by the public, it is imperative that journalists truly use their sense of professional integrity, including avoiding the use of headline grabbing names that harm the subject or those related to him.

Leading the way are Elysa Gardner from USA Today and CBS News, both of whom changed their headline from "Jacko" to "Jackson" when asked. We are asking for the rest of the mainstream media to follow suit. Journalists should see this as an act of human dignity, both for themselves as professionals, and for Michael Jackson and his family.

Sincerely,

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

PureLoveTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
This is very well written. I liked it.   /woohoo/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

And wr are winning /woohoo/

on yesterday, CBS removed “Jacko” from the title of its article and replaced it with “Jackson”

Read the comments below the article
Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 08:18:14 PM by hesouttamylife
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

PureLoveTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
And wr are winning /woohoo/

on yesterday, CBS removed “Jacko” from the title of its article and replaced it with “Jackson”

Read the comments below the article

/woohoo/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

If things keep going as they are, with the fans being in control, Michael can come back and KNOW he’s not alone in his fight against the press and the media degrading his name.  They will know they’ve got a fight on their hands, and we are playing hard ball.  They will think before they act becaue now Michael has someone in HIS corner.  They know our names!  And they know we are many! ANd we will stop at NOTHING.
Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 08:27:43 PM by hesouttamylife
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

all4loveandbelieve

If it is a fight they need, a fight they will get. Finally now they know we mean business. Michael will be happy to see that his fans has been fighting for him..  /woohoo/ Thank you for posting this letter, it made my day.. blessings to all..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

mjj4ever777

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • BE LOVE..LIVE LOVE! I LOVE you all, so very much!
I have been a part of this "movement" and I am so happy that CBS and USA Today retracted that slanderous, (I can't even type it), name, because it shows that we can get our voices heard!! I will continue on this mission in hopes that ALL journalists will refrain from slandering Michael's name, especially with all of the media coverage of the trial coming up.

Its nice to see some progress being made. I hope that all of you will join in this effort.

Sending Blessings and Love to all! bearhug
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I've never been part of a fan site so I don't know if these open letters that have been coming out as of late have been done in the past but, I'm glad to finally see an open-letter I think all of the fans can agree on. If open-letters such as this one haven't been done in the past it's a shame. It would have been great for the media and the world to see that his fans and supporters were not going to tolorate the bashing YEARS ago.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
~Mish~

"Breathe in waves of doubt, bitter in your mouth" - Toad The Wet Sprocket

mjj4ever777

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • BE LOVE..LIVE LOVE! I LOVE you all, so very much!
The thing I like the most about an open letter like this, is that it is something that the "Believers" and the "Non Believers", can work on together, because it is something that we ALL want to do...clear Michael's name and make sure that the media respects him and  his name from this day forward!

This is unity at it's finest, because we ALL Love Michael!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

This is amazing. I'm so glad that some of the media is finally starting to listen to the fans and to give some respect to Michael. Hopefully, this continues!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You can't do your best when you're doubting yourself. If you don't believe in yourself, who will?" - Michael Jackson...Moonwalk

It is so wonderful to hear that our voice has finally been heard and my hope and prayer is that it will continue to be heard as justice for Michael.  We his fans will never stop.  Michael can be reassured that his fans will always be there for him fighting for him.  Love and Blessings to all.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bec

Hey that's neat!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

Bravo!!! I am extremely excited to see this progress - it's what got me on the bandwagon in 2009. I could no longer sit back and watch Michael's name being drug through the mud for no reason. I felt I needed to step up and be a voice for him...hence my screen name.

Anyway - so, so glad to see all the progress. There is still a long way to go but little by little we WILL make a difference and one by one we will change how HIStory is written.

Blessings to you. And  bearhug
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

Like Purelove said, this letter is very well written. All of this weight is being lifted off Michael, his children and his family. The decades long bullying toward him is finally being addressed and taken care of. A little too slow if you ask me, but as long as we are moving forward and not back I won't complain too much. And for those who still doubt the hoax, remember that you too are making a huge difference with your love and support. The respect you show for a man who has been publicly ridiculed, abused, exploited, tarnished, tortured, mocked and EXTORTED is beautiful and inspiring. Michael's reputation is being restored and more importantly he is gaining his freedom back. 

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MJonmind

TheMoonIsDancing
The respect you show for a man who has been publicly ridiculed, abused, exploited, tarnished, tortured, mocked and EXTORTED is beautiful and inspiring.

The utter shamefulness of this cowardly act committed by media almost world-wide for so long, should cause all those who champion human-rights to support this and other attempts to right the wrongs done to him. I'm hoping media will begin to pressure other media to use "Jackson" as well, a snowball effect. However if MJ's enemies still are out there trying to destroy him through the media, there may still be a stubborn holdout.

voiceforthesilent, perhaps you can add this to the list you made a couple of days ago! /woohoo/
--media using the proper name of Jackson in their news, in response to fan open letter

I'm hopeful that the trial will bring up a lot of these issues only to have them settled (once and for all) just like when they wanted to view TII and decided he was good even on his bad days. LOL.

Let's see - what has been solved:

Michael made that leap into film that he wanted.
Any financial problems he may have had are disappearing.
Frivolous lawsuits are being settled or thrown out.
His children have had official introduction into the world.
Michael's name is uncovered on the Elementary School Auditorium.
Michael's name is restored on the Michael Jackson Vanguard Award.
Friends of Michael is no longer afraid of backlash to talk about Michael as their friend and mentor.
Michael's music is being played again.
Michael's fans have shown incredible loyalty as most believe that Michael is dead yet they are fighting for his vindication.

So, we've come a long way in 2 years but I think the biggest obstacles are yet to hurdle. I love happy endings so I'm going to be hopeful that I will get my wish.

Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 12:06:03 AM by MJonmind
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions