~Souza~Topic starter

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
9/11/2011 1:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The owner of the home where Michael Jackson died is suing a woman who is selling maps to movie stars' homes .... just feet from the MJ house.

Linda Welton has become semi-famous for anyone who drives on Sunset Blvd. in the fancy area where MJ rented the house.  She's done a booming business since Michael died, in no small part because she's selling the maps in plain view of the MJ home.

In the lawsuit ... obtained by TMZ ... the owners of the now-infamous 100 North Carolwood Drive claims they can't sell the house because "Potential buyers are bothered upon approach by the quite visible and annoying constant illegal stopping and/or parking of cars in front of the home on what otherwise would be a quiet residential street."

The owners -- Hubert and Roxanne Guez -- claim their property value has plummeted because of the stream of traffic, Linda's lawn chair, coolers and large patio umbrella, and the illegally parked cars.  They also allege Linda is violating the law by essentially having a newsstand on a street corner.

Linda claims she's running the same business her mom did, and her mom already went to court and won a lawsuit giving her the right to sell the maps.  Linda thinks the current case is nothing more than harassment. 

Here's the problem with the lawsuit ...The way we see it, even if Linda went away, there would still be a steady stream of cars loaded with people who want to see where Michael died.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Adi

Almost read this as "Owners of the Michael Jackson Death Hoax........."    :lol:    ;) 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

I met Linda on June 25th of this year, she was on the corner of Sunset and Carolwood.  She was really nice and I ended up buying a map from her, LOL.  She talked about seeing Michael on several occasions and that he would always wave and was extremely kind to her.  After we were talking for a couple minutes she asked me if I thought he was alive!!  I said yes!!!!  She thinks so too.  Twiggy was there too and came over and started talking once she heard that. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

everlastinglove_MJ

In the lawsuit ... obtained by TMZ ... the owners of the now-infamous 100 North Carolwood Drive claims they can't sell the house because "Potential buyers are bothered upon approach by the quite visible and annoying constant illegal stopping and/or parking of cars in front of the home on what otherwise would be a quiet residential street."

errrr I don't believe it.. 100 North Carolwood Dr will never be a quiet residential street, because there's the 'death home' of Michael Jackson. I'm sure the owners know that very well and I bet that if they'll sell the house they'll get a good price (probably they speculated on that :mrgreen: ) so they can claim whatever they want, I don't buy it.
Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 10:04:24 AM by everlastinglove_MJ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

all4loveandbelieve

It is so easy to blame others for your problems.. They have to understand that Michael Jackson the Icon, was renting that house, do they think people will not go see where Michael supposedly died? If I go to LA for sure I will go see, and it has nothing to do with the poor lady making her salary. I would bet you anything is she leaves for one month these people will be in the same boat.. Why don't they think before they talk.. Oh well it takes different types of people to make the world. blessings.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

For me it's just another move in this giant game of chess.  They (the owners) know who was renting that house.  It would never had been a "quiet" street.  It also backs to Sunset.  Ben said there were always people around.  Fans met him at the gates....so we are told.  I am not sure he ever truly lived there.  I am interested in knowing why Linda thinks he's alive.  She was there that day....what on earth did she see or is she a part of it all?  I am sure Michael has used many people to help pull this off.  In one of the videos we see the tour bus pull up near a map seller on the corner....doesn't look like her here.  In the video of the backing out ambulance we clearly hear, "...ah Linda, come on Linda...."  it was said this Linda was the map vendor.  I am perplexed by her  suspicious// 

@Andrea....LOL, how much was the map..please don't say $7.00  :lol:

Blessings Always

PS> Here is an interesting article from 2006 about Hollywood maps and her family:

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

wishingstar - I got the map for a "deal" at $20.  LOL.  Way too expensive but it's nice and it's how she earns her living so I didn't mind.  What I thought strange that day was - it was the 2 year anniversary and there was only me, my friend, Linda and Twiggy there.  I thought there would be fans milling about, maybe it was just the time of day we were there (mid-morning).  There was a vehicle parked in the drive way and some guy sitting in it - he gave me a look like "don't come too close", LOL.  I asked Linda if Michael had actually lived there and that's when she said she'd seen him several times and he did live there.  I don't know why she asked me if I thought he was alive or why she thinks that, but being at the scene, everyday, she might have seen or heard something at some point, you never know.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Playing it safe is the riskiest choice.
So Linda is a believer.
Andrea you are lucky for living close enough to be able to visit places like that one.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

So Linda is a believer.
Andrea you are lucky for living close enough to be able to visit places like that one.

I live in Canada, I was just there on vacation.  It was certainly an amazing experience to see the places that I'd been seeing for years (in pictures and video), finally in person.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

And in this house not live Ed Hardy?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

all4loveandbelieve

So Linda is a believer.

I live in Canada, I was just there on vacation.  It was certainly an amazing experience to see the places that I'd been seeing for years (in pictures and video), finally in person.
Andrea, so do I live in Canada, and you are lucky to have gone to LA on vacation. I definitely will be going as soon as Michael returns.. I am happy to see my fellow Canadians in this forum.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Michael Jackson

Andrea

So Linda is a believer.

Andrea, so do I live in Canada, and you are lucky to have gone to LA on vacation. I definitely will be going as soon as Michael returns.. I am happy to see my fellow Canadians in this forum.

I love seeing my fellow Canadians as well!  And you'll love L.A. when you finally see it and I hope you'll see Michael too!!  I looked, LOL but I got to meet La Toya which was super awesome. 

Travel tip: you will want a car with a working GPS.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

all4loveandbelieve

So Linda is a believer.

I love seeing my fellow Canadians as well!  And you'll love L.A. when you finally see it and I hope you'll see Michael too!!  I looked, LOL but I got to meet La Toya which was super awesome. 

Travel tip: you will want a car with a working GPS.
Thanks for the tip.. Of course I need a GPS where I live, I always manage to lose myself on the road  lolol/ lolol/  Imagine in LA  lolol/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Michael Jackson

use_your_illusion

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • If you're reading this...you owe me a dollar
If MJ didn't live there did he still pay for it to make it look like he was living there to everyone and the owners?
I also met Linda and she was sitting outside on the corner near the road side and she was playing Michael Jackson's music, which was awesome...she was really nice, smiling, enjoying the sun...lol
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Do you give up yet?

Im correct me if I am wrong but when I went to Carolwood on the 25th this year there was a for sale sign outside with no trasnpassing sign, then a week or two later it was taken down and some fans were saying they saw the new owners whom were moving in?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
What most people need to learn in life is how to love people & use things instead of using people & loving things."
"Some see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not." -George Bernard Shaw

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal