bec

I think that is the relevance.
The Nation of Islam continues to teach its followers that the present world society is segmented into three distinct categories. They teach that from a general perspective, 85% of the population are the "deaf, dumb and blind" masses of the people who "are easily led in the wrong direction and hard to lead in the right direction". These 85% of the masses who are said to be manipulated by 10% of the people. Those 10% rich "slave-makers" are said to manipulate the 85% masses of the people through ignorance, the skillful use of religious doctrine and the mass media.

The third group is referred to as the 5% "poor righteous teachers" of the people of the world, who know the truth of the manipulation of the 85% masses of the people by the 10%. The 5% "righteous teachers" are at constant struggle and war with 10% to reach and "free the minds" of the masses of the people.[13]

I don't see that it means anything but this is just full of 7s and 11s:
Malcolm rose rapidly to become the minister of Boston Temple No. 11, which he founded; he was later rewarded with the post of minister of Temple No. 7. Elijah Muhammad named Malcolm the National Representative of the Nation of Islam, second in rank to Muhammad himself. Under Malcolm's lieutenancy, the Nation claimed a membership of 500,000. Malcolm left the Nation in March 1964 and in the next month founded Muslim Mosque, Inc. claiming "I never left the Nation of Islam of my own free will. It was they who conspired with Captain Joseph here in New York to pressure me out of the Nation." [5]
In 1955 Louis Walcott joined the Nation of Islam. Following the custom of the Nation, he replaced his surname with an “X,”, Louis X first proved himself at Temple No. 7 in Harlem, where he emerged as the protege of Malcolm X. Louis X was appointed head minister of Boston Temple No. 11, which Malcolm had established earlier. He was given his Muslim name, Farrakhan, by Elijah Muhammad.
After Malcolm X's break with the Nation in 1964, Farrakhan replaced Malcolm as head minister of Harlem's Temple No. 7 and as the National Representative of the Nation, the second in command of the organization. Like his predecessor, Farrakhan was a dynamic, charismatic leader and a powerful speaker with the ability to appeal to the African American masses. [6]

And considering Judge Pastor just told jurors not to read a dictionary, this, about Malcolm X, really caught my eye:

In order to educate himself, he spent long hours reading books in the prison library, even memorizing a dictionary. He also sharpened his forensic skills by participating in debate classes. Following Nation tradition, he replaced his surname, “Little,” with an “X,”

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 10:03:34 PM by bec
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions