Brett Ratner+Eddie Murphy+Oprah=2012 OSCARS?????
September 18, 2011, 04:42:18 PM
You will not BELIEVE who will produce the 2012 OSCARS,who will present, and who will receive a honorary Oscar   afraid/!!!!!! OMG this has to be a nightmare,and WE ARE IN IT,lol  :shock: :lol:.

Oscar Update: Brett Ratner Will Produce the 2012 Oscars

The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has been busy the last couple of days with updates, and today dropped the bombshell that had people stumbling over themselves to be the first one with the hot punchline. Thing is, I think the Academy has made a decent choice based on the needs of the Oscar telecast, as they announced Brett Ratner and Don Mischer will produce the 84th Academy Awards telecast.

Ratner is a director most associated with the Rush Hour franchise, which made over $500 million domestically, and X-Men: The Last Stand, which is the highest grossing X-Men film to date, but probably one of the most disliked along with X-Men Origins: Wolverine. The curious thing is, while Ratner's directorial decisions may not be top notch when it comes to pleasing critics, he seems to have a talent for appealing to the masses, which is exactly what the Oscars need. He may not be the best choice for me, but I'm not the target audience. If we're going mainstream popcorn, I'd rather see Zack Snyder slather the Oscars in slow-motion or Michael Bay blow up the stage, but hey, who's listening to me?

It makes me wonder though, just what hot Hollywood directors could the Academy get? Any chance they could get Steven Spielberg or Martin Scorsese in there? Would you want that? I think Scorsese's appreciation for film would turn out an amazing show, but would he do it?

Interesting enough, while the focus is sure to be on Ratner, the bigger shock here is the fact the Academy decided to bring back Mischer for the second year in a row. Mischer co-produced with Bruce Cohen and co-directed the show last year. Last year's show was an abomination from the hosts on down to … well, pretty much everything else.

"I think comedy is the key," Ratner told The Wrap. "That's the most important thing I can accomplish. If people can sit in that theater and laugh, and people can watch at home around the world and laugh, then I've accomplished what I want to do. The numbers [ratings] will be what they are."

Of course, the rumors will now begin that Chris Tucker, who starred in all three of Ratner's Rush Hour films and his 1997 comedy Money Talks will host the show. Ratner's upcoming movie, Tower Heist, stars Ben Stiller and Eddie Murphy and those jokes have already hit Twitter in abundance. At this point I'd take either one of those two over James Franco. Stiller has twice gone to great lengths to entertain the Oscar audience, in 2009 dressing up as Joaquin Phoenix and last year presenting in full-on Na'vi makeup. Admittedly, neither instance was funny, but I'll take either of these options over Franco in a dress.

In other news, the Academy announced on Wednesday they will present Honorary Awards to actor James Earl Jones and makeup artist Dick Smith and the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award to philanthropist Oprah Winfrey  afraid/ :?. The Honorary Award, an Oscar statuette, is given to an individual for "extraordinary distinction in lifetime achievement, exceptional contributions to the state of motion picture arts and sciences, or for outstanding service to the Academy." The Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award, an Oscar statuette, is given to an individual in the motion picture industry whose humanitarian efforts have brought credit to the industry.

Also, Academy president Tom Sherak was re-elected for his third consecutive one-year term in the office.

Eddie Murphy will host the 84th Academy Awards

Michael said he is THE KING OF COMEDY,remember  8-)????

The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences confirmed the news in a press release on their official website this week.
scar nominee Eddie Murphy, whose performing career spans movies, television and the stage, will host the next Academy Awards show on Sunday, February 26, 2012.

This will be Murphy’s first hosting stint on the Oscars. On announcing the news, Oscars 2012 co-producer Brett Ratner said…

“Eddie is a comedic genius, one of the greatest and most influential live performers ever, With his love of movies, history of crafting unforgettable characters and his iconic performances – especially on stage – I know he will bring excitement, spontaneity and tremendous heart to the show Don and I want to produce in February.”

I like Brett Ratner and Eddie Murphy for the OSCARS ,but Oprah Winfrey,NO WAY  WTF,after an EMMY now she will get a OSCAR???.Let's see some info about Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award,who is given to Oprah  :?.

Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award is awarded periodically by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS) at the Academy Award ceremonies for an individual's outstanding contributions to humanitarian causes. Unlike the Academy Award of Merit, the nomination and voting for this award are restricted to members of the Board of Governors of AMPAS.[1]
The award is named after screen actor Jean Hersholt (1886–1956), who served as president of the Motion Picture Relief Fund for 18 years. He also served as president of AMPAS from 1945 to 1949. [1] Winners of the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award are presented with an Oscar statuette. As of the 81st Academy Awards ceremony held on February 22, 2009, there have been 33 awards presented, two of which were posthumous.

I dont know how many people she helped,but ONE THING ITS SURE,this statue REPRESENT NOTHING comparing to THE LOVE Michael gave to people,you hear me,NOTHING!!!!!!!A statue is just an OBJECT,nothing more.A milion awards will never be enough for what Michael has done for THE WORLD.It's not about money or about awards,it's something more than that,and we ALL KNOW THAT!!!

LOVE
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thank you for sharing this with us. I agree about Oprah...good to remember that it's not an award by popular vote but by a group of people who sit on a board.

Eddie Murphy should bring some much needed humor to the show. I doubt we'll see Michael there but one never knows what will happen :)

Blessings!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal