curls

Re: You Are Not Alone
September 15, 2011, 06:46:41 AM
@MichaelsAngel, thanks for posting what you've read so far. Please, I hope you'll carry on!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Sarahli

September 15, 2011, 07:12:18 AM
An excerpt is available here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are here for you Michael and will always love you whatever happens.
'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
"You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them."

suspicious mind

September 15, 2011, 08:09:21 AM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Oh.....
I'm too poor for that!
lol
Guess im off to the bookstore with my broke a$$
lolol/ well it was a birthday gift

but I'm reading through it and the first part is very emotional...it's talking about the trial and this one moment where Michael completely breaks down after he had fallen, hurt his back and is in the hospital. It's really hard to read and imagine what he went through. Michael removed his jacket, showing his bare chest, and goes "Look at me!...Look at me! I'm the most misunderstood person in the world." (pg. 12) and then Jermaine goes into very specific detail what his skin looks like from the vitiligo because Michael had hid the extent of it from them until then.
his family didn't know the extent of the vitiligo untill the trial! that blows my mind!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

September 15, 2011, 08:20:29 AM
An excerpt is available here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Thank you so much for posting the link its a very interesting link ..... to get to know the man we never knew umm Jermaine's doing a good job I think.

look forward to the next excert.

;)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MissG

September 15, 2011, 08:48:04 AM
 :'( :'( i love the way the book is written  :'(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
("Minkin güerveeeee")
Michael pls come back

"Why a four-year-old child could understand this hoax. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head nor tail out of it"

September 15, 2011, 12:23:17 PM
Oh.....
I'm too poor for that!
lol
Guess im off to the bookstore with my broke a$$
lolol/ well it was a birthday gift

but I'm reading through it and the first part is very emotional...it's talking about the trial and this one moment where Michael completely breaks down after he had fallen, hurt his back and is in the hospital. It's really hard to read and imagine what he went through. Michael removed his jacket, showing his bare chest, and goes "Look at me!...Look at me! I'm the most misunderstood person in the world." (pg. 12) and then Jermaine goes into very specific detail what his skin looks like from the vitiligo because Michael had hid the extent of it from them until then.
his family didn't know the extent of the vitiligo untill the trial! that blows my mind!

I know Mrs. Katherine says that Michael gets embarrassed easily. I guess he was just so ashamed of his skin disease....
Makes me want to cry, just thinking about how hard it must have been for him to talk to anyone about it.
Vitiligo wasn't understood then by a lot of people at the time he got it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

September 15, 2011, 12:28:17 PM
You're welcome everybody! The Book is split into 3 parts: The Beginning- The Early Years; The Middle- The Hayvenhurst Years; and the End- The Neverland Years. I'm only on the middle portion but I will update everyone as I go along.

Here are a few cute/interesting stories but aren't really major clues except for maybe a few:

-Michael is the master of imitation. He was always studying human emotions and the way humans behaved (disguises  8))

-Michael was always secretly listening in on meetings and was curious to hear what the executives were saying (when he was little and couldn't be apart of it) and he always liked to listen in if he heard someone mention his name. He also wanted to know what the fans talked about  lolol/

-Jermaine says that the media sensationalized the Joseph beatings and that it really wasn't as bad as they made it out to be. He said that to Michael it seemed worse because he was young and very sensitive. He also said that he was the defiant one, even from the beginning when he threw his bottle at Joseph's head at 18 months  :lol: :lol: :lol:

-When Michael was too little to be in the band, he made a set of bongos out of oatmeal cans and decided he was going to play from the sidelines. The three boys (Jackie, Tito, Jermaine) were set to sing in front of their mom and grandma and right when they were about to sing...Michael shot up and started singing haha and that's when they knew he had something special

-Marlon was only added to the group because Katherine insisted and at one point there was talk of kicking him out by Joseph because he couldn't get the dance steps

-Michael always thought of his fans as a second family and as "peripheral friends"

There are a lot of cute stories that really let you see the magic of Michael, even from the very beginning. It really is a very good book
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You can't do your best when you're doubting yourself. If you don't believe in yourself, who will?" - Michael Jackson...Moonwalk

September 15, 2011, 01:06:35 PM
 lolol/ lolol/ I had to share this story. Ok so Jermaine is in bed with a girl in the room that he shares with Michael:

"'I love how you stroke my thighs,' she continued, '...you're real gentle...' I'm not stroking your thighs. '...it feels good," she whispered. I peeked open my eyes and maneuvered my head to take a sly look down the bed, and that's when I saw it--Michael's arm, reaching up and over from underneath the bed, his hand circling her thigh...'She got some real creamy thighs!' he [Michael] said"

:lol: :lol: :lol: he's such a little stud
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You can't do your best when you're doubting yourself. If you don't believe in yourself, who will?" - Michael Jackson...Moonwalk

September 15, 2011, 01:22:54 PM
Its available online at Simon & Shchuster for 12.99 USD - pdf format.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~

September 15, 2011, 02:15:33 PM
Reading it now, just finished the prologue. First few pages already show how close they are as a family, in spite of what the public might think and the media might imply. I am sure I am going to love this book, Jermaine writes well.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

September 15, 2011, 03:33:05 PM
I got the book this morning!
I'm on page 17 and its such a good book. Better than La Toya's imo because its all about Mike so far.
The way Jermaine (Erms  :mrgreen:  as MJ calls him) talks about Mike is very endearing and genuine. A big brother watching over Michael. He says in the book that it has become programmed in his mind since Mike was born, to protect him at any cost. :) I love this family!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

September 15, 2011, 04:07:08 PM
@TheMoonIsDancing I agree! It is very well-written and so far the book is mostly about Michael.

I found this interesting while reading. I've never heard Michael refer to his fans as this and if not it is a HUGE clue:

"I need to stress that the vast majority of Michael's fans were not Billie Jeans; they were the most dedicated, loyal and loving fans an artist could wish for, and he knew this better than anyone. He shared a unique association with the people he called his 'soldiers of love.'"
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

September 15, 2011, 04:10:09 PM
What page are you on, MichaelsAngel?

And soldiers of love?  ;D  Hey, thats us!
I feel like Ive heard it before, but I might just be planting things in my own brain lol.
Either way, its so cool that he refers to us this way.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

September 15, 2011, 04:12:41 PM
@TheMoonIsDancing the kindle version doesn't show page numbers...I just counted the ones that I referenced but it says that I'm 47% complete and on location 3419 of 7210...if that makes any sense  lolol/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

September 15, 2011, 05:33:49 PM
@TheMoonIsDancing the kindle version doesn't show page numbers...I just counted the ones that I referenced but it says that I'm 47% complete and on location 3419 of 7210...if that makes any sense  lolol/

That sounds about right
....lol
Wow, you're tearing through that 'book'. I've been reading off and on but now I have some time to catch up!
Can't wait to get to the final pages. I wonder if I'll get the same  WTF?? expression on my face as I did with Toya's book...
Off to read :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions