[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VssP6Af7VRU&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Michael Jackson featured in New 2011 Pepsi Commercial alongside Britney Spears, Mariah Carey, Ray Charles and Kanye West, which will be aired during the premiere episode of X Factor USA
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

أملي هو فيكم.

all4loveandbelieve

Clearly, the cola wars are bubbling over to the reality TV talent show wars. Pepsi is circling back to its musical marketing roots by sponsoring X Factor, while Coke is sticking with its sponsorship of reigning champ American Idol for an 11th consecutive season.
When X Factor airs Wednesday night on Fox, Pepsi will broadcast 60-second and 30-second ads reminiscent of its celebrity-laden spots from the 1990s. The ads feature footage of superstars from past Pepsi ads, including Jackson, Britney Spears, Kanye West, Mariah Carey and even Ray Charles.

The ads also feature a hooded, mystery singer who snatches a Pepsi before heading on stage. That image makes it very clear that Pepsi is looking for the next superstar to feature in its spots. Earlier this month, Pepsi announced that this season's X Factor winner will not only land a $5 million recording contract, but also appear in a 2012 Pepsi Super Bowl spot.
This marks a major change in direction for Pepsi marketing, which had steadily moved away from pop stars. In separate ads that direct viewers to its Facebook page, Pepsi also will feature Glee's Kevin McHale, who gives insider insights into the X Factor competition.
"I suppose we could call this Cola Wars II," says Robert Thompson, professor of TV and pop culture at Syracuse University. "The war to end all cola wars."

Pepsi
New Pepsi ads return to a musical focus and feature a hooded, mystery singer.
It's a battle for market share and cultural mind share. Coke's market share was up 0.6 percentage points to 35% for the first half of 2011, while Pepsi's market share was down 0.01 percentage points to 32.9%, reports Beverage Digest. At the same time, Coke has amassed nearly three times as many media mentions as Pepsi over the last four years, according to research firm HighBeam Business.
"We're always up for some friendly competition," says Coke spokeswoman Kerry Tressler.
So, it's back to the future for Pepsi. "We've made a conscious decision to go aggressively back into music," says Frank Cooper, chief global consumer engagement officer at PepsiCo Beverages. "We have a rightful place in music."
Indeed, Pepsi's Jackson and Madonna ads from the 1980s and 1990s were each major events. But several years ago, Pepsi turned more socially conscious and went heavily digital with its Pepsi Refresh campaign.
Now, Pepsi's back re-embracing music. The cola brand makes that abundantly clear at the end of the ad with this new slogan: "Where there's Pepsi, there's music."
Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 03:26:27 PM by all4loveandbelieve
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

hey thanks for posting. wonder if this commercial will make it to australia...

we miss out on all the big ads here!  /scream/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
People laugh when I explain. And though they may laugh, that doesn't change the fact that it's still the truth.

Michael is Alive
The end of evil is nigh
Trust in God
The righteous will prevail

Thanks for sharing this - I was hoping someone would!

I watched the X-Factor last night and when the commercial came on I was ecstatic to see Michael. This was huge, IMO, because it's clear that Pepsi no longer is afraid of the stigma that comes with MJ...i.e., the image the tabloids pushed of Michael, not to mention the false allegations. And they have apparently gotten over the little upset when the never-seen before Pepsi accident video was leaked in 2009. Hmm...or maybe they just recognize that he brings viewers and money.

Yes, I guess it is a form of mind control but it will also act as a subtle reminder to all of those millions watching the commercial of just who Michael is and his place in music. The unconscious thought process runs deep and even if they don't realize it their minds are processing Michael as the King of Pop, the entertainer, the musician, and not as the tabloids have portrayed him. It's these subtle messages that will continue to help change the misconceptions about Michael for future generations.

I can't wait to see that commercial again - especially to see Michael.

Blessings :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VssP6Af7VRU&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Michael Jackson featured in New 2011 Pepsi Commercial alongside Britney Spears, Mariah Carey, Ray Charles and Kanye West, which will be aired during the premiere episode of X Factor USA

MJFAN thank you very much for this post!
Very intresting what we have here,A COMPILATION from a couple of old PEPSI commercials  8-).

1. Classic Michael Jackson & Carlton Banks High Quality Pepsi Commercial 1984(PEPSI GENERATION)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7LMKZOFk1o[/youtube]

2. Michael Jackson - Pepsi Commercial Bad Era (FULL version!) HQ 1987
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-4lLhvMOeI&feature=related[/youtube]

3. Ray Charles - Diet Pepsi Ad (1992)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRU3sBu7Imo[/youtube]

4. Britney Spears Banned Pepsi Commercial with Bob Dole [High Quality]2002
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu5dIRv9Czc[/youtube]

5. Pepsi - Kanye 2009???? :?:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqXWyBoETGo&feature=related[/youtube]

6. Mariah's Pepsi Commercial 2006
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD1IQS-mEzM&feature=related[/youtube]

LOVE
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm surprised we didn't hear about this commercial before it aired. 
Now here's a question.  Don't Pepsi, even though they made the commercial with Michael, have to have the estates approval??  Wouldn't they get paid for it..royalties when it's shown??
I'm thinking so, because, Michael had the burn tape, Pepsi didn't, so I'm wondering if there are permissions to be had...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm surprised we didn't hear about this commercial before it aired. 
Now here's a question.  Don't Pepsi, even though they made the commercial with Michael, have to have the estates approval??  Wouldn't they get paid for it..royalties when it's shown??
I'm thinking so, because, Michael had the burn tape, Pepsi didn't, so I'm wondering if there are permissions to be had...

I posted this before it aired  ;) and yes, they would have probably had to have Michael's estate approve them using the footage, unless they own all rights to it or something. But I doubt they would :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions