all4loveandbelieveTopic starter

Michael Jackson's lawyers going after Murray
November 24, 2011, 08:25:07 PM
UK tabloid The Sun reported yesterday that lawyers representing the king of pop's estate are going to ask Judge Michael Pastor to order the killer doctor to pay his children what Jackson would have earned if he had been working.

The lawyers are demanding that Conrad Murray, 58, make the payout to Jackson's children, Prince Michael, Paris and Blanket.

Prosecutors say the children are victims who should be compensated for wages that would have been banked by their superstar father, as well as cash spent on his funeral, the newspaper reported.

Estimates from Jackson's estate managers are that he would have earned R846-million from his This Is It tour, which was supposed to start two months after his death in June 2009.

The Los Angeles District Attorney's office has also filed papers with the judge and asked that Murray, who was convicted on a charge of involuntary manslaughter, serve the maximum sentence of four years in jail.

However, The Sun reports that the sentence is likely to be reduced to two years due to prison overcrowding. Murray's lawyers will be asking the judge to place him on probation.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

all4loveandbelieveTopic starter

Re: Michael Jackson's lawyers going after Murray
November 24, 2011, 08:28:12 PM
Oh! oh! tell me something, how is Murray going to come out with 846 million dollar??and is the sun a reputable newspaper? lol
Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 08:31:16 PM by all4loveandbelieve
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

Jennie

November 24, 2011, 09:04:15 PM
Well that's just the thing, I'm no lawyer and I'm not familiar with u.s. laws but IMHO it is nothing but a big waste of money for the jakcson estate because Murray will never ever in his lifetime be able to come up with that money. I think if they were to cease any money from him it would surely go to his well overdue child support payments if we are to believe what has been reported about that. Unless Murray's insurance covers practicing without a licence and covers manslaughter.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 24, 2011, 09:21:14 PM
Murray (and his subsidiaries) will file for bankruptcy. Case closed.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but no one is entitled to their own facts" ~ Nobel Laureate, Elizabeth Blackburn

suspicious mind

November 24, 2011, 11:14:23 PM
UK tabloid The Sun reported yesterday that lawyers representing the king of pop's estate are going to ask Judge Michael Pastor to order the killer doctor to pay his children what Jackson would have earned if he had been working.

The lawyers are demanding that Conrad Murray, 58, make the payout to Jackson's children, Prince Michael, Paris and Blanket.

Prosecutors say the children are victims who should be compensated for wages that would have been banked by their superstar father, as well as cash spent on his funeral, the newspaper reported.

Estimates from Jackson's estate managers are that he would have earned R846-million from his This Is It tour, which was supposed to start two months after his death in June 2009.The Los Angeles District Attorney's office has also filed papers with the judge and asked that Murray, who was convicted on a charge of involuntary manslaughter, serve the maximum sentence of four years in jail.

However, The Sun reports that the sentence is likely to be reduced to two years due to prison overcrowding. Murray's lawyers will be asking the judge to place him on probation.

hate to nit pic and am off topic but the shows weren't  two months away.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal