~Souza~Topic starter

AEG Live Co-CEO: Murray Wanted Too Much $$$
September 28, 2011, 01:12:31 PM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Paul Gongaware -- AEG Live Co-CEO Testifies, Day 2
Updated 9/28/11 at 8:50 AM

Paul Gongaware took the stand again today -- claiming Dr. Conrad Murray requested an astronomical salary for his services to MJ.

* Gongaware said it was Michael who asked him to hire Dr. Murray... but Murray was asking for $5 million ... way too much money.
* But Michael insisted he wanted Murray so he called him again and this time offered him $150 thousand a month -- per MJ's instructions.

Paul also told Dr. Murray's defense attorney he was on the lookout for any drug use by MJ, saying he noticed a "slight slur" in Michael's speech during their interactions.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: AEG Live Co-CEO: Murray Wanted Too Much $$$
September 28, 2011, 03:54:11 PM
When I heard that I was like,  WTF??
Why would he ask for $5 MILLION? Unless your name is Sanjay Gupta, you won't be making that much.
Another weird thing: Paul said that as soon as he told Murray that Michael offered $150,000 Murray took it immediately. He was obviously looking for more money, assuming the prosecution is telling the truth. So why settle for something waaaaay less than what he wanted, so quickly?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Seems like everywhere I go, the more I see, the less I know."

bec

Re: AEG Live Co-CEO: Murray Wanted Too Much $$$
September 28, 2011, 10:51:17 PM
I dunno, there's something up with that. Two options off the top of my head:

:arrow: Gongaware isn't in on the hoax and Michael set up the interaction to get Murray on board. Gongaware is being hoaxed too, so MJ coached Murray to ask for $5mil so that when Gongaware declined and Michael "put up a stink", $150k didn't sound so bad.

But that doesn't make sense because Murray never got paid, (certainly not an unforeseen event by MJ in this scenario), so the amount of money shouldn't be an issue. IOW... it's not like the money was needed to pay for anything...

Or Gongaware is in on the hoax (which is what I suspect) and so therefore...
 :idea: the numbers mean something. 5,000,000 is 7 figures. 150,000 is 6 figures. 515=11. Or is it the difference in amount? The negotiations started at 5mil/year and settled at 150k/month.
*does quick math*
Murray accepted $1,800,000/year. 9, 99, or 666.

5,000,000 to 1,800,000, both numbers are 7 figures. 518=14 (77).
Just sayin'.
Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 10:55:41 PM by bec
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions