Dr. Conrad Murray The Interview that Sunk Him
October 13, 2011, 08:40:54 AM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

10/13/2011 1:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dr. Conrad Murray would NOT be on trial today for Michael Jackson's death ... had he politely declined to speak with cops 2 days after MJ passed ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

Sources directly connected with the decision to prosecute Murray tell TMZ ... Murray's 2-hour interview with LAPD detectives at the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Marina del Rey gave prosecutors the ammo to charge the doc.

Our sources all say, prosecutors almost declined to file the case, but the police interview made all the difference.

We're told ... police and prosecutors believe they never would have been able to prove Dr. Murray administered Propofol to Jackson almost every day for 2 months, were it not for Murray volunteering the info.  The case hinges on Murray's alleged reckless medical treatment, and prosecutors believe administering the drug in a home setting for that period of time proves recklessness.

And, our law enforcement sources say, cops could never have proven that Murray pumped a total of 5 gallons of Propofol through MJ's system were it not for the interview.

But there's something even more fundamental.  We're told it became apparent to detectives shortly after Murray's interview that the doctor wasn't telling the whole truth.  As one law enforcement source put it, "He told the truth 70% of the time during the interview, and lied 30% of the time.  And the lies created the suspicion that led to the investigation that led to charges being filed."

The real question -- why did Murray volunteer to speak with cops and spill his guts?  As one source put it, "Murray and his lawyer never thought he'd be charged with a crime.  He was worried about the bad P.R. and felt he could put a lid on it."  And another source added, "smart people who are arrogant think they can talk to cops and make a problem go away, but it doesn't work that way."
Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 08:44:51 AM by ForstAMoon
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The real question -- why did Murray volunteer to speak with cops and spill his guts?

this indeed is the real question  ;D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RK

Looks like Murray has vitiligo on his forearm in this pic. :ugeek:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

As WishingStar mentioned in the September 27 thread...a lot of connections can be drawn between this article about Murray's interview and Mike's interview with Batshit years ago.

Very good connecting WishingStar  /bravo/

With L.O.V.E. always.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The beauty of Michael Jackson is found in his heart and soul...his enormous talent is a bonus and what a bonus it is.

~PLAY the moments...PAUSE the memories...STOP the pain...REWIND the happiness~

all4loveandbelieve

He is getting sinked also with this doctor of today.. Flanny is trying to hard and is sinking Murray.. Wow.. This is scary..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

trublu

I find the background picture very odd. Why two seats with nobody sitting on them at that strange angle? Also, lights, camera, ACTION! :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Playing it safe is the riskiest choice.
This is a good article to be read between the lines.

Just wanna say HI to TMZ /white flag/
And Harvey you look good ;D.....in general
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

TMZ Live is now on and talking about this exact matter.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The interview just goes to show Murray really had no idea what he was doing.

His qualifications and training are questionable if he thought he could blame his way out of the incident, and Michael should not have touched him with a ten foot barge pole.

But I also feel a lot of "star-struck-ed-ness" in many of his comments, to the point where he was unable to allow professional judgement overide his poor decisions. Plus there was money involved.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but no one is entitled to their own facts" ~ Nobel Laureate, Elizabeth Blackburn

Harvey was talking about it a lot today. I hope TMZ Live episode will be on line soon.

He basically said that the interview with the police was stunning/shocking and totally contributed to charging Murray. He was stunned by the fact that Ed agreed the interview happen, and the strategy of playing "good doctor helping the police" fired back.

He admitted prosecution is doing great job, whereas defense is not very good and seems sort of unorganized.

At one point they even said that it may happen that before the end of the trial that may basically give up the defense or something like this. They used some different wording but it was sort of implying Murray being convicted before the end.

I am just waiting for the video to be uploaded on TMZ.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
The real question -- why did Murray volunteer to speak with cops and spill his guts?

:lol:

/bravo/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

Harvey was talking about it a lot today. I hope TMZ Live episode will be on line soon.

He basically said that the interview with the police was stunning/shocking and totally contributed to charging Murray. He was stunned by the fact that Ed agreed the interview happen, and the strategy of playing "good doctor helping the police" fired back.

He admitted prosecution is doing great job, whereas defense is not very good and seems sort of unorganized.

At one point they even said that it may happen that before the end of the trial that may basically give up the defense or something like this. They used some different wording but it was sort of implying Murray being convicted before the end.

I am just waiting for the video to be uploaded on TMZ.

Well, until now that is seen it all go against Murray  to expect the witnesses for the defense
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

:lol:

/bravo/

Yes it is the real question. My personal theory- he knew the evidence would be difficult to hide and that there would be questions surrounding it.

Afterall he did not have much time to cover his tracks. No matter how hard he tried the evidence would not have matched his story if he had tried to deny.Too many witnesses to start with.

If you listen really carefully to his interview he explains the questions that were brought up by the evidence later in the investigation such as why he did not do CPR on a hard surface, excuses about the time, why Michael was not in his own bedroom and why he had "Brother"Amir (I love how he calls him that but would like to know why...) call 911. His statement was riddled with excuses addressing issues that had yet to be raised. He also must have known that an autopsy would reveal propofol and that he'd better spill that detail- something he was reluctant to do earlier in the scenario.

He's a bit like a little kid who knows they've done something wrong, but the full extent of the wrong doing has yet to be discovered. Better to front up to some of it than get in trouble for lying later. He may have also hoped that LAPD would just take his word and overlook certain occurences, being a doctor and in a theoretical position of trust.

All in all, I'd say Catch 22 Conrad  8-)   
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but no one is entitled to their own facts" ~ Nobel Laureate, Elizabeth Blackburn

Elsa

Yes, Dr Murray incriminated himself and the defense have been helping the prosecution by taking witnesses back over the points that were the most damaging and giving them another chance to destroy the defense case with a lengthy answer that goes way beyond what was asked - it's a master class in incompetence. I'm amused - so I'll keep watching.
  /cook/   Please Sir, I want some more...
Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 12:48:07 PM by Elsa
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions