You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

22 minutes ago BY TMZ STAFF

If You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login is convicted of felony involuntary manslaughter and sentenced to the maximum -- 4 years in state prison -- he will not spend a single day in prison ... and he could end up on house arrest.

A new law went into effect in California on October 1, which says, because of overcrowding, people convicted of non-violent felonies cannot be sent to State prison.  Instead, non-violent felons serve their time in county jail.

Law enforcement tells TMZ ... involuntary manslaughter is a non-violent felony, which means if Murray is convicted he'd go to L.A. County Jail.

As for how much time Murray would serve ... L.A. County Sheriff's officials tell TMZ ... Murray would be jailed for half the actual sentence.  So if he gets the max -- 4 years -- he would only serve 2. 

But there's a twist ... Murray could actually serve way less than 2 years.  Because of severe overcrowding, inmates are eligible for house arrest, based on 2 factors -- their prior criminal history, and risk to the community.  Murray has a clean record and, as one law enforcement official put it, he poses no risk ... it's not like he's going to go out with a bottle of Propofol and kill people.

So if the jail is filled to the gills, the Sheriff could put him on house arrest with an electronic monitoring bracelet.   But one official from the Sheriff's Department told us ... Murray wouldn't be placed on house arrest right out of the box.  He would almost certainly do some time before the jailhouse doors would open.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

lorela

Oh hell, I never thought about that.
"A new law went into effect in California on October 1"
- this is really an appropriate time.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

trublu

picture reminds me of alice in wonderland when she grows as big as a house.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

everlastinglove_MJ

A new law went into effect in California on October 1, which says, because of overcrowding, people convicted of non-violent felonies cannot be sent to State prison.  Instead, non-violent felons serve their time in county jail.

I remember a TMZ article of Lindsay Lohan who also got an electronic monitoring device, which was last May :? Maybe the new law is since October 1, 2010.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

Adi

So.....TMZ are giving us a heads up about what the outcome of the trial will be?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

LOVEforMJ1995

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Study the greats, and become greater - MJ
picture reminds me of alice in wonderland when she grows as big as a house.

the first thing I think of when I think of alice and wonderland is the rabbit running with the clock because he's late or 'times running out' suggesting that we may be coming to the end of the hoax! :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You can always dream, and your dreams can come true. But you have to make them come true"-Michael Jackson

bec

The bastards are messing with us  :evil:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Are you entertained?

The bastards are messing with us  :evil:

Yup...and they do it so well  :evil:

With L.O.V.E. always.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The beauty of Michael Jackson is found in his heart and soul...his enormous talent is a bonus and what a bonus it is.

~PLAY the moments...PAUSE the memories...STOP the pain...REWIND the happiness~

everlastinglove_MJ

What crossed my mind is that I believe that Conrad Murray’s profession is an undercover physician, who decided to hang up his former celeb MD-boots to serve a better and fair goal, because he had discovered many offenses by his colleagues, severe inconsistencies and “anything for money” crimes in health care, in particular in the celeb-scene. Probably he shared his concern with Michael a few years ago. Michael hired him as a doctor/actor to play his important role in this hoax, which has many reasons, but one of them is to expose “wrong” doctors and crimes in health care.

This “new” law with, instead of spending time in prison, wearing an EMD makes it even more attractive to commit a non-violent crime, because the sentence is ‘not that bad’.
Just imagine a doctor who has been sentenced to house arrest can still continue his profession from his own house… pale/
Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 10:56:01 AM by everlastinglove_MJ
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

Thriller4ever

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Army of L.O.V.E
  • Hope is Immortal
 :o This is strange....?!?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
twitter: @ComfortablyGeek

Sarahli

Murray has a clean record and, as one law enforcement official put it, he poses no risk ... it's not like he's going to go out with a bottle of Propofol and kill people.

Yeah right.  confused/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are here for you Michael and will always love you whatever happens.
'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
"You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them."

Thriller4ever

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Army of L.O.V.E
  • Hope is Immortal
I've always had this doubt...how come 'media' is in the hoax? yes, i'm referring to TMZ...i'd love it someone answers my question. :)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
twitter: @ComfortablyGeek

all4loveandbelieve

What house if his house got repossessed???  lolol/ This is THE SIGN  that Michael is alive..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

MJonmind

But there's a twist ... Murray could actually serve way less than 2 years.  Because of severe overcrowding, inmates are eligible for house arrest, based on 2 factors -- their prior criminal history, and risk to the community.  Murray has a clean record and, as one law enforcement official put it, he poses no risk ... it's not like he's going to go out with a bottle of Propofol and kill people.
So all the smart crooks and thieves and contract killers get away with anything, and the 'dumb' ones who get caught/accused pay for the heavier punishments. As we see in TCRCAU there is much injustice in the prisons, and reasons why there are violent offenders (not saying all are wrongfully accused). The messed up justice system has a major effect on the prisons being crowded. Many of the real crooks are in suits in nice offices.  It's all interrelated.  If Michael were really dead, would most say that Murray was non-violent and no threat to his other patients? What about Joe and LaToya saying Murray was the 'fall guy', then 'they' get off scott free. On the other hand the whole world is messed up, no easy solutions.

Troy Davis's story is one of how many in the "over-crowded" prisons. It appears to me that there are strong racial elements involved.
Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 01:44:51 PM by MJonmind
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Grace

How come "his record" is clean in the public eye outside of court and Doc Murray "poses no risk"?
 Who's there to put him in this drawer?
 Who are "law enforcement sources" to talk in public about the "pending case" Doc Murray before any jury has declared their decision?
 Bah, tabloid junk.

Jumping only onto the mentioned dot:

This is explaining the "new" CA bill which passed Senate on March 17, 2011:

which is called AB 109, is to be found here:

and must comply to the "Brown Act":

The introduction to the Brown Act describes its purpose and intent:[2]
   <blockquote> In enacting this chapter, the Legislature finds and declares that the public commissions, boards and councils and the other public agencies in this State exist to aid in the conduct of the people's business. It is the intent of the law that their actions be taken openly and that their deliberations be conducted openly.</blockquote> The people of this State do not yield theirYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to the agencies which serve them. The people, in delegating You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, do not give their You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login the right to decide what is good for the people to know and what is not good for them to know. The people insist on remaining informed so that they may retain control over the instruments they have created.

The Sacramento Bee said of the act:
   <blockquote> A law to prohibit secret meetings of official bodies, save under the most exceptional circumstances, should not be necessary. Public officers above all other persons should be imbued with the truth that their business is the public’s business and they should be the last to tolerate any attempt to</blockquote> keep the people from being fully informed as to what is going on in official agencies. Unfortunately, however, that is not always the case. Instances are many in which officials have contrived, deliberately and shamefully, to operate in a vacuum of secrecy .[3]

I am not a Californian lawyer to understand the full detailed meaning of these 350 + pages of the bill.

However:

(14)The bill would become operative no earlier than July 1, 2011, and only upon creation of a community corrections grant program to assist in implementing this act and upon an appropriation to fund the grant program.

(17)The California Constitution authorizes the Governor to declare a fiscal emergency and to call the Legislature into special session for that purpose. The Governor issued a proclamation declaring a fiscal emergency, and calling a special session for this purpose, on January 20, 2011.

(18)This bill would declare that it is to take effect immediately as a bill providing for appropriations related to the Budget Bill.

which equals: economy (emergency declaration on Jan 20,2011) dictates and steers jurisdiction and execution.

Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 03:08:27 PM by Grace
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Create your day. Create the most astounding year of your life. Be the change you want to see in the world! L.O.V.E.
***********************************************************************************************
"I am tired, I am really tired of manipulation." Michael Jackson, Harlem, New York, NY, July 6, 2002
***********************************************************************************************
******* Let's tear the walls in the brains of this world down.*******

Time to BE.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal