PureLoveTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
Janet Jackson's Contract: No Jokes About Michael

The singer forbids anyone on her tour from talking about her family.

Did you hear the one about Michael Jackson and the fingerless gloves? Well, don't tell it to Janet Jackson. The singer and grieving sister of the deceased King of Pop has taken legal measures to make sure no one gets a laugh at the expense of her late brother.

According to documents obtained by The Smoking Gun, Jackson, who is in the middle of her Number Ones, Up Close and Personal world tour, has a provision in her contract that forbids comedians she may be sharing the bill with to make jokes about anyone in the Jackson family.

One would think that kind of human decency is a given, but who can blame Janet for wanting it in writing?

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

here is from yesterday or day before. some of the details of the contract are interesting.
and on one of the pages it say exibit a, thought that was interesting

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

Snoopy71

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Life isn't a rehearsal the camera's always rolling
I haven't read through the contract, but as far as jokes about Michael (and the family) I don't blame her.  I was shocked to hear such cruel things about Michael on my job the day he died 6/25/09.  People were saying some of the most horrible jokes, I was just stunned! :shock:

Now admittedly, I have been less than kind in previous posts to some of the members of the Jackson family (but nothing as bad as what I've seen or heard since), and  to this day I'm still not impressed with a couple members of the family (but I will be respectful from here on out and keep that to myself).

But in light of recent pictures shown from the trial and the innuendos made about what was found at the "crime scene", the tribute concerts, books, tv appearances etc...I can see why Janet would be quick to jump on this.

This is her family after all and like anyone else she'd naturally want to protect them! Especially now with the kids exposed to the media more readily.

I saw mentioned on another thread here in forum where they said someone even had the NERVE to start a "Hate Paris" or "Paris is not MJ's daughter" or some mess to that effect like that on twitter...unbelievable! :evil:

*smh...we've learned everything and nothing, when does it end?... :roll:

***also the contract seemed pretty standard to me...the only thing that stuck out were the Fiji water (where have we seen that before) and the Huggies (baby wipes for her hands--->where have we seen references to "babies" before )....I say that only because it seems odd to me to request those instead on anti-bacterial wipes. ;) Could just be coincidence of course.

Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 09:35:33 PM by Snoopy71
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions