all4loveandbelieveTopic starter

Hundreds feared dead after quake hits Turkey
October 23, 2011, 12:39:14 PM
Rescue workers in eastern Turkey are sifting through rubble of at least 45 collapsed buildings after a 7.2-magnitude earthquake rattled the region on Sunday.

Up to 1,000 people may have been killed in the powerful temblor, according to estimates from Turkey's main seismography centre.

According to the U.S. Geological Survey, the quake struck eastern Van province, which borders Iran, at about 1:40 p.m. local time. Its epicentre was in the village of Tabanli, near the city of Van.

"We are estimating a death toll between 500 and 1,000," the head of the Kandilli observatory Mustafa Erdik told reporters on Sunday.

The seismography centre reached their estimate by assessing the strength of the quake and the structure of the housing in the region. It is still too early to determine an exact number of casualties, officials said.

At least 50 people have been treated for injuries at the state hospital in Van, according to a state-run news agency.

"The quake was strongly felt in Van and neighbouring towns, and caused damage and deaths based on initial assessments," said a statement from the Turkish Prime Minister's office.

CNN reporter Andrew Finkel said the location of the quake may make rescue efforts more treacherous.

"Van (city), of course, is one of the least densely populated parts of Turkey," he told CTV News Channel on Sunday. "It's a very poor part of Turkey."

On the phone from Istanbul, Finkel said he's heard that crews are wading in the rubble of collapsed buildings and have dispatched airborne emergency teams.

"We know that there's going to be a very large presence from both rescue workers and officials," he said.

Residents across the province reportedly fanned out into the streets in a panic after the quake hit. Television footage showed crews picking up debris with shovels and their bare hands, trying to evacuate people believed to be trapped under collapsed buildings.

The situation remains in a state of flux, Van town Mayor Bekir Kaya told a local news station.

"The telephone system is jammed due to panic, and we can't assess the entire damage immediately," Kaya said.

The USGS originally gave the magnitude as 7.3 but later corrected it to 7.2. It said the quake had a depth of 20 kilometres, which is considered quite shallow meaning it may cause more damage.

Turkey is crossed by fault lines, making earthquakes a frequent occurrence.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

Re: Hundreds feared dead after quake hits Turkey
October 23, 2011, 12:44:07 PM
I pray to God that everyone is ok in Turkey.. May God protect everyone.. blessings.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Michael Jackson

everlastinglove_MJ

October 23, 2011, 01:35:12 PM
I hope that lost people will be rescued soon.
I'll pray for them.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

Anjav

October 23, 2011, 02:42:33 PM
 pale/ It's so sad. I pray for them too. Poor people... :?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Just because it's in print doesn't mean it's the gospel."

October 23, 2011, 06:03:27 PM
Rescue workers in eastern Turkey are sifting through rubble of at least 45 collapsed buildings after a 7.2-magnitude earthquake rattled the region on Sunday.

Up to 1,000 people may have been killed in the powerful temblor, according to estimates from Turkey's main seismography centre.

According to the U.S. Geological Survey, the quake struck eastern Van province, which borders Iran, at about 1:40 p.m. local time. Its epicentre was in the village of Tabanli, near the city of Van.

"We are estimating a death toll between 500 and 1,000," the head of the Kandilli observatory Mustafa Erdik told reporters on Sunday.

The seismography centre reached their estimate by assessing the strength of the quake and the structure of the housing in the region. It is still too early to determine an exact number of casualties, officials said.

At least 50 people have been treated for injuries at the state hospital in Van, according to a state-run news agency.

"The quake was strongly felt in Van and neighbouring towns, and caused damage and deaths based on initial assessments," said a statement from the Turkish Prime Minister's office.

CNN reporter Andrew Finkel said the location of the quake may make rescue efforts more treacherous.

"Van (city), of course, is one of the least densely populated parts of Turkey," he told CTV News Channel on Sunday. "It's a very poor part of Turkey."

On the phone from Istanbul, Finkel said he's heard that crews are wading in the rubble of collapsed buildings and have dispatched airborne emergency teams.

"We know that there's going to be a very large presence from both rescue workers and officials," he said.

Residents across the province reportedly fanned out into the streets in a panic after the quake hit. Television footage showed crews picking up debris with shovels and their bare hands, trying to evacuate people believed to be trapped under collapsed buildings.

The situation remains in a state of flux, Van town Mayor Bekir Kaya told a local news station.

"The telephone system is jammed due to panic, and we can't assess the entire damage immediately," Kaya said.

The USGS originally gave the magnitude as 7.3 but later corrected it to 7.2. It said the quake had a depth of 20 kilometres, which is considered quite shallow meaning it may cause more damage.

Turkey is crossed by fault lines, making earthquakes a frequent occurrence.

7.2Mag Earthquake Hits Turkey - 1,000 Reported Dead, 45 Buildings Collapsed
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_pRToOcA2Y&feature=channel_video_title[/youtube]

Oh no,what is HAPPENIJNG with OUR WORLD  OMG! :(??????
I don't know if someone saw this also  :? :(????

6000 Dead Birds Wash Up On Ontario Shores
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtlqOy7YAis&feature=watch_response[/youtube]

WHAT CAN WE DO?????
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
October 23, 2011, 06:12:59 PM
I'm on the south coast of Turkey and the earthquake was on the east side. Almost a thousand people lost their lives. :cry: We're having a live feed on our tv stations where they show the rescue work. There are still alive people under the wrecks and they're trying to save them. Such a very sad day for my country.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

October 23, 2011, 06:20:41 PM

Oh no,what is HAPPENIJNG with OUR WORLD  OMG! :(??????
I don't know if someone saw this also  :? :(????

6000 Dead Birds Wash Up On Ontario Shores
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtlqOy7YAis&feature=watch_response[/youtube]

WHAT CAN WE DO?????

when jesus apostles asked him what would be the sign of the end, jesus responded "There will be great earthquakes, famines, and plagues in various places. There will be terrors and great signs from heaven"

luke 21.11

interesting....

@ Purelove. hope your friends family and everyone you love is safe... blessings to you.
Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 06:27:54 PM by Australian MJ BeLIEver
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
People laugh when I explain. And though they may laugh, that doesn't change the fact that it's still the truth.

Michael is Alive
The end of evil is nigh
Trust in God
The righteous will prevail

October 23, 2011, 06:24:50 PM
I'm on the south coast of Turkey and the earthquake was on the east side. Almost a thousand people lost their lives. :cry: We're having a live feed on our tv stations where they show the rescue work. There are still alive people under the wrecks and they're trying to save them. Such a very sad day for my country.

Purelove thank God you are ok with your family, I pray they find them alive and May God be with them.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Michael Jackson

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
October 23, 2011, 06:35:44 PM
@AustralianMJBeliever and @All4love

Thank you so much.  bearhug Me and my family, friends are all safe. In the place where I live, we don't have big earthquakes like the one happened on the eastern part of the country. I'm praying God to help them all who needs it.
:cry:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

October 23, 2011, 10:22:24 PM
PureLove, when I heard of this terrible disaster, you were the first person I thought of.  I'm so relieved that you are safe and I grieve and pray for those who were lost and their families.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

October 23, 2011, 11:21:04 PM
My heart goes out to the country of Turkey and all who have been affected by this devastation. May God bless and protect you all.

Hugs and prayers.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

October 23, 2011, 11:52:44 PM
This is horrifying... my prayers are with them.  :cry:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

أملي هو فيكم.

MJonmind

October 24, 2011, 12:19:30 AM
May God be with them and help them, and I'm glad you're okay PureLove!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

use_your_illusion

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • If you're reading this...you owe me a dollar
October 24, 2011, 02:07:01 AM
when jesus apostles asked him what would be the sign of the end, jesus responded "There will be great earthquakes, famines, and plagues in various places. There will be terrors and great signs from heaven"

luke 21.11

interesting....

Yep...

...praying for those in Turkey and those in other world who have already had natural disasters, poverty etc....STAY STRONG...

...Glad your ok Purelove
Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 02:11:26 AM by use_your_illusion
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Do you give up yet?

Sarahli

October 24, 2011, 08:03:13 AM
I join everyone in praying God to help, protect and comfort all the people in Turkey in this difficult time.

4 people have been saved here from the rubble... You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

A hug for you PureLove. God bless you.

bearhug
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are here for you Michael and will always love you whatever happens.
'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
"You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal