everlastinglove_MJ

Re: Hundreds feared dead after quake hits Turkey
October 28, 2011, 02:27:35 PM
Turkish earthquake: 13-year-old boy pulled from rubble
Rescuers, working under floodlights, have pulled a 13-year-old boy alive from   the rubble of a collapsed apartment building, more than 100 hours after a   massive earthquake leveled many buildings in eastern Turkey, killing at   least 550 people.Ferhat Tokay, 13, center left, being pulled from the rubble of a collapsed building in Ercis, Van, Turkey: Turkish earthquake: 13-year-old boy pulled from rubble Image 1 of 2Ferhat Tokay, 13, center left, being pulled from the rubble of a collapsed building in Ercis, Van, Turkey Photo: APTurkish rescuers tend Ferhat Tokay, 13, after he was pulled from the rubble: Turkish earthquake: 13-year-old boy pulled from rubble Image 1 of 2Turkish rescuers tend Ferhat Tokay, 13, after he was pulled from the rubble Photo: AP7:00AM BST 28 Oct 2011 A picture by the state-run Anatolia news agency showed a rescue team carrying   Ferhat Tokay out of the debris, wearing a neck brace. In other pictures from   a field hospital, he appeared conscious and looking at his rescuers.Tokay's rescue came 108 hours after Sunday's 7.2-magnitude earthquake, the   agency said.The agency said the boy was injured but did not give further details. The   collapsed building from which Tokay was rescued was in Ecris, the town worst   hit by the quake.The temblor has killed at least 550 people and injured 2,300 others, according   to the country's disaster management, AFAD, website updated Thursday   evening. Thousands of homeless in tents were struggling in the bitter cold   as rain and snow brought on more hardship.Television footage on Thursday showed a rescue team cheering and clapping as   another young man, wearing a red sweater and strapped to a stretcher, was   also carried out of the debris. His eyes were shut most of the time, but he   opened them at one point.
  • You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login27 Oct 2011
  • You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login27 Oct 2011
  • You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login26 Oct 2011
     The Anatolia agency identified the man as 18-year-old Imdat Padak. He was   rescued by an Azerbaijani crew.Padak was flown to the nearby city of Van and was dehydrated, but in good   condition, according to the news agency.
Emergency officials said 187 have been rescued from the rubble. About 2,000   buildings have been destroyed and authorities declared another 3,700   buildings unfit for habitation.
More aid began to reach survivors, with Turkish authorities delivering more   tents after acknowledging distribution problems that included aid trucks   being looted even before they reached Ercis.
Families who did snag precious aid tents shared them with others. But some   people spent a fifth night outdoors huddled under blankets in front of   campfires, either waiting for news of the missing or keeping watch over   damaged homes.
As survivors gathered pieces of wood to light campfires or stove-heaters, The   Red Crescent and several pro-Islamic groups set up kitchens and dished out   soup or rice and beans.
Sermin Yildirim, eight months pregnant, was sharing a tent with a family of   four who were distant relatives, along with her own twins and husband. Her   family was too afraid of returning to their apartment.
 "It's getting colder, my kids are coughing. I don't know how long we   will have to stay here," Yildirim said. "We were not able to get a   tent. We are waiting to get our own."
Muhlise Bakan, 41, was not happy to share her tent with her husband's second   wife, Hamide.
 "I have four children, she has five," Bakan said. "We were   sleeping in separate rooms at our house, and now we are sleeping side by   side here."
However, she acknowledged the two women were now "closer" as they   struggled together in hard times. Turkish law does not recognize second   marriages, but some conservative men in the country's southeast still marry   more than one wife in religious ceremonies.
Health problems increased the hardship.
 "I am very sick, I need medicine," said Kevsel Astan, 40, who had a   kidney transplant four years ago.
She said she was being treated at the state hospital until the quake struck.   The damaged hospital was evacuated and doctors were focusing on emergency   cases.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I hope Tokay will be reunited with his family soon.
@PureLove, I'm so glad that you & your family are ok    bearhug

L.O.V.E. always

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
October 28, 2011, 02:44:20 PM
Thank you so much for all your thoughts and prayers that you made for my country. And thank you so so much for thinking of me.  bearhug

Many innocent people lost their lives and many lost their relatives and houses, and all they have. It is such a big disaster. I don't know if you saw the video I posted but this makes it all more horrifying. The city where the earthquake happened is not even on a fault line and our scientists are having a hard time to understand why a big earthquake happened there. Here is the explanation of why.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTvvkvl1oR0&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

all4loveandbelieveTopic starter

October 28, 2011, 10:01:09 PM
May God be with us all.. May God protect us all..
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal