Re: HATING Dr. Conrad Murray
October 24, 2011, 07:39:06 PM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I realize that along with being a "NonbeLIEver" some are probably not Christians either. Therefore most will allow their emotions to rule their actions. This is most unfortunate because more crimes are committed in the heat of emotions, especially anger.

I guess that's why the Bible says that we should be quick to hear, slow to speak, and slow to anger...

Saying that, the Bible also teaches to love the sinner, hate the sin. Even if Murray were truly guilty it's not our place to hate him.

Truth and justice will prevail in the end.  All we can do is continue to be that light in the midst of darkness. Michael has been a great example of temperance. Hopefully more of his diehard fans will learn to be the same. They will be in my prayers.

Blessings.

Many Christians are violent and aggressive

Yes, they are - because they don't practice what the Bible preaches. They are what some call carnal Christians, living in the flesh and not the spirit.

I'm not one to get into debates, especially over religion or politics. It's okay if people don't believe like I do. I just know that we are all sinners and we all walk the line between good and evil. It's our choice which one we follow.

Blessings
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I'm proud to be a child of God and a member of MJ's Army of L.O.V.E.

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

October 24, 2011, 08:11:55 PM
I realize that along with being a "NonbeLIEver" some are probably not Christians either. Therefore most will allow their emotions to rule their actions.

I don't believe emotions or actions has something to do with religion. Do you believe only Christians will not be allowing their emotions to rule their actions? I don't think so. I see many Christians spread hate to Murray and to Michael's family too. I don't think it has something to do with the religion but it is about that person's personality and how s/he was raised.

It's apparent I didn't explain myself well at all and I apologize.

"Some" (non-Christians and Christians alike) are of the belief that "I was born this way" or "it is what it is" or "it's just my personality". While those things may be partly true, we all have the ability to change the way we think and act. We don't have to be selfish just because we were born that way, we don't have to be quick tempered just because we're a redhead, and we don't have to behave a certain way just because Mom did.

That's all. The Bible teaches that we should never "hate". And, while "some" Christians clearly don't practice what they are being taught, they have been taught that Biblical truth so they clearly know better. Yes, I know some extremely kind and giving non-Christians. But they have made the choice to not allow their emotions to rule their behavior, which is a Biblical truth even if it's not acknowledged as such.

Just my opinion - it's not meant to create a divide. Hugs :)
Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 08:17:21 PM by voiceforthesilent
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Press coverage of my life is like [watching] a fictitious movie...like watching science fiction. It's not true." ~Michael Jackson (2005)

"You should not believe everything you read. You are missing the most important revelations". Craig Harvey 3-15-2012

suspicious mind

October 25, 2011, 06:53:10 AM
I realize that along with being a "NonbeLIEver" some are probably not Christians either. Therefore most will allow their emotions to rule their actions.

I don't believe emotions or actions has something to do with religion. Do you believe only Christians will not be allowing their emotions to rule their actions? I don't think so. I see many Christians spread hate to Murray and to Michael's family too. I don't think it has something to do with the religion but it is about that person's personality and how s/he was raised.

"Some" (non-Christians and Christians alike) are of the belief that "I was born this way" or "it is what it is" or "it's just my personality". While those things may be partly true, we all have the ability to change the way we think and act. We don't have to be selfish just because we were born that way, we don't have to be quick tempered just because we're a redhead, and we don't have to behave a certain way just because Mom did.

That's all. The Bible teaches that we should never "hate". And, while "some" Christians clearly don't practice what they are being taught, they have been taught that Biblical truth so they clearly know better. Yes, I know some extremely kind and giving non-Christians. But they have made the choice to not allow their emotions to rule their behavior, which is a Biblical truth even if it's not acknowledged as such.

soon after june 25th 2009 when i started to discover some of michaels music i began to wonder if he was christian. there was a site that i went to that had an article on him. the comment section had a fair amount of people who had felt an urgancy to pray for michael . one of the comments was from the mother of a young child who told her about seeing michaels face when he was in his prayer time and being compelled to pray for him. i would have loved to have been able to share some of those with all of you after i came here , but i did not. the reason because i was so ashamed at some of the other comments that were there about michael. people saying how he was now in hell. it wasn't even so much that they assumed the roll of judge , but that instead of it causing them to hurt for what they felt was a lost soul , they seemed to revel in the thought. i was so disappointed . these were people claiming to know christ . it broke my heart. i know christians aren't perfect but what kind of a picture of christ do we bring to the world when we behave like this?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

October 25, 2011, 08:30:36 AM

soon after june 25th 2009 when i started to discover some of michaels music i began to wonder if he was christian. there was a site that i went to that had an article on him. the comment section had a fair amount of people who had felt an urgancy to pray for michael . one of the comments was from the mother of a young child who told her about seeing michaels face when he was in his prayer time and being compelled to pray for him. i would have loved to have been able to share some of those with all of you after i came here , but i did not. the reason because i was so ashamed at some of the other comments that were there about michael. people saying how he was now in hell. it wasn't even so much that they assumed the roll of judge , but that instead of it causing them to hurt for what they felt was a lost soul , they seemed to revel in the thought. i was so disappointed . these were people claiming to know christ . it broke my heart. i know christians aren't perfect but what kind of a picture of christ do we bring to the world when we behave like this?

Hi :)

I do understand what you're saying, really, I do. I become disheartened as well because those that should know better oftentimes don't. The heart of man reveals itself in the outward act (words and actions). At the same time we can be thankful for those that shared their stories out of a loving heart.

I think we're getting way off track from the topic of this thread and it was not my intent so I apologize and won't respond to this thread again.

Emotions are powerful and when they are not harnessed they can become damaging. These "Christians" do not walk in the Spirit of God - which is Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self-control. Against such there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23.

I believe that those who follow love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, etc., have the ability to change the spirit that is in the air but what oftentimes happens is that people get caught up in whatever emotion is going on at the moment. That is why protests can get out of hand quite easily when there is no self-control.

The best thing to do is to pray for all men that their hearts be changed.

Have a blessed day :)
Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 08:32:14 AM by voiceforthesilent
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal