Rescuing 5-year-old girls sex slaves in Cambodia
October 24, 2011, 10:22:07 AM
In Cambodia, CNN's Sara Sidner reports the fight to keep children as young as five from being sold into the sex trade.

Rescuing 5-year-old sex slaves
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ld0zUYW4V0&feature=channel_video_title[/youtube]

MICHAEL:
How can we look at such things happening, and not, you know, want to do something? how can we turn our heads and pretend as if we don’t see it? you know? i can’t see people in pain and pretend as if it’s not there.
  OMG! :'(

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Child prostitution... one of the ugliest things ever. It's so embarrassing to be a human at
times - I mean, look at these beautiful little kids. They are children at play. Our babies. Unimaginable. 
Of course it does happen, in most countries. In all countries I'm sure.
 What can we do about it? There is demand for that and there are evil people
who will take care of supply. Sometimes people are so low and poor they sell their children.
Sometimes children are kidnapped.
Human nature can be so ugly .. Equally horrible those behind demand and supply  :cry:
I don't know what we can do.  Authorities often do clumsy job with handling the issue,
and with law making at times it feels like those behind the demand are actually on
high places, making laws and taking care of everything you know.. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Sarahli

If we stop seeing and feeling, we remain powerless... it's only by seeing, feeling and then knowing that as a collective we CAN make it stop, that these children can be protected and live a normal childhood. Too many people don't want to see it because.....it hurts... it's awful... so they skip over it. These are OUR children... all of us.... WE have to take care of them.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are here for you Michael and will always love you whatever happens.
'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
"You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them."

trublu

You are correct Sarahli, in fact unfortunately, having looked at the title of this thread, I almost didn't look because I find it too upsetting.
But ignoring it doesn't make it go away (unfortunately)
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Sarahli

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are correct Sarahli, in fact unfortunately, having looked at the title of this thread, I almost didn't look because I find it too upsetting.
But ignoring it doesn't make it go away (unfortunately)

Yes awareness is what can make things change. These people certainly would want that their evil deeds are not known so it's important to be aware and face reality as hard and despicable as it can be.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are here for you Michael and will always love you whatever happens.
'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
"You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal