~Souza~Topic starter

Re: Forum
October 30, 2011, 10:53:01 AM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
thank you souza for all your hard work. you are amazing...

i cant seem to find the box with the drop down menu with all of the boards...

has that feature been deleted?

It's at the bottom now.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

October 30, 2011, 11:04:34 AM
thank you souza for all your hard work. you are amazing...

i cant seem to find the box with the drop down menu with all of the boards...

has that feature been deleted?

It's at the bottom now.

omg, im such a D... sometimes... i looked so long for it and couldnt find it... of course as soon as i read your post i saw it and thought, how on earth did i miss that...

another member started a thread asksing where all the recent topics went... comment probably should have been posted in this thread.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
People laugh when I explain. And though they may laugh, that doesn't change the fact that it's still the truth.

Michael is Alive
The end of evil is nigh
Trust in God
The righteous will prevail

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
October 30, 2011, 12:48:27 PM
You haven't done with it, have you Souza? I can not see any "Latest Topics" kind of thing on this one. There is 'Recent Ones' but it shows only 5 recent posts. And I must say that the older one was way so much better than this. It was more professional and looking way so much better. So I hope you are still fixing it and this is not the forum's last status.
Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 12:55:19 PM by PureLove
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

October 30, 2011, 02:19:47 PM
You haven't done with it, have you Souza? I can not see any "Latest Topics" kind of thing on this one. There is 'Recent Ones' but it shows only 5 recent posts. And I must say that the older one was way so much better than this. It was more professional and looking way so much better. So I hope you are still fixing it and this is not the forum's last status.

You know what PureLove, you may not find this forum good enough, others do. I can not please everyone on here. Fact is that I spent hours and hours to install a new one and to make a new design since due to technical difficulties I could not use the old one. There were problems with loading and posting, so it needed to be fixed. I am working with a converted database that updates more difficult than a fresh one, only so that you all don't have to switch between forums or register again. Functionality is priority, design is not, although I personally think this one looks better, but that's simply a matter of taste.

As for the recent topics and other functionalities that are missing, I will have to see if I can try to re-install it. The problem is that there has been an upgrade of the software version, which means that certain modifications need to be upgraded too by their makers and they might not be available yet. I might be able to do it myself, but there is a risk that I f*ck up the whole system and have to start over, or that I will have to spend another day just on writing codes.

I have a trial site that needs updating, questions to answer and I have a laptop that needs to be repaired because it shuts down every hour. Besides all that: I have a job. I really am not in the mood for 'I don't like the design'. Simply post the stuff you miss which was on the old forum and that I have not (yet) installed here, and give me a break, okay? Thank you.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

October 30, 2011, 04:16:52 PM
I really like this overall layout. Only thing that got annoying to me was coming to the site and having to scroll past those two huge videos...lol. Not trying to bash in any way.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
October 30, 2011, 04:38:24 PM

You know what PureLove, you may not find this forum good enough, others do. I can not please everyone on here. Fact is that I spent hours and hours to install a new one and to make a new design since due to technical difficulties I could not use the old one. There were problems with loading and posting, so it needed to be fixed. I am working with a converted database that updates more difficult than a fresh one, only so that you all don't have to switch between forums or register again. Functionality is priority, design is not, although I personally think this one looks better, but that's simply a matter of taste.

As for the recent topics and other functionalities that are missing, I will have to see if I can try to re-install it. The problem is that there has been an upgrade of the software version, which means that certain modifications need to be upgraded too by their makers and they might not be available yet. I might be able to do it myself, but there is a risk that I f*ck up the whole system and have to start over, or that I will have to spend another day just on writing codes.

I have a trial site that needs updating, questions to answer and I have a laptop that needs to be repaired because it shuts down every hour. Besides all that: I have a job. I really am not in the mood for 'I don't like the design'. Simply post the stuff you miss which was on the old forum and that I have not (yet) installed here, and give me a break, okay? Thank you.

As I stated my opinion about the previous forum, I stated my opinion about this one too Souza. You should be open to all kinds of comments. After this post of yours no one would be able to write it if they do not like the forum because you put the words in people's mouths. The old one was slow for some but as you can see some still say that this one is slow too. I don't know what other problems occured and I appreciate the job you are doing for the forum but still I should have a right to state my opinion where the admin doesn't rebuke me. Thank You!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

~Souza~Topic starter

October 30, 2011, 04:44:35 PM
PureLove, I do not need opinions on the design, the design is what it is and you can take it or leave it. I need opinions on the functionality. Certain members that had problems posting and loading, do not have the problems anymore.

But PureLove, if you think you can do a better job and have an hour or 10 to spend on it each day, you can always think about starting your own. I am done with your everlasting whining comments about everything, just to tell me later that I should shut the fuck up because I scare members. You need to learn to adjust and accept things you have no control over, like the design of this forum. If you have useful functionality suggestions, please post them, design-related stuff is useless.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
October 30, 2011, 04:56:44 PM
PureLove, I do not need opinions on the design, the design is what it is and you can take it or leave it. I need opinions on the functionality. Certain members that had problems posting and loading, do not have the problems anymore.

But PureLove, if you think you can do a better job and have an hour or 10 to spend on it each day, you can always think about starting your own. I am done with your everlasting whining comments about everything, just to tell me later that I should shut the fuck up because I scare members. You need to learn to adjust and accept things you have no control over, like the design of this forum. If you have useful functionality suggestions, please post them, design-related stuff is useless.

I would love to see you showing me where I was whining about everything souza! I think you are mistaking me with someone else or trying to show me as a negative person. If I could do it, I would have started my own forum long ago but unfortunately I do not have any ability to do that. I'm tired of your bossy attitudes and I want you to know that I'm not here for you. I just said that I didn't like the new forum. It was all ok when I said I liked it about the previous forum but now it is bad because I said I didn't like it? Learn to accept the opinions which doesn't applaud or praise you.
Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 05:50:40 PM by PureLove
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

all4loveandbelieve

October 30, 2011, 05:03:50 PM
It is all question of getting used to it. It will take time, but we will find our way around.. It is normal when we get accustomed to something then there are changes it is not very agreeable. I understand Purelove what she is saying. In another hand I understand what  Souza had to do. Souza thanks for your hard work and dedication. Souza one question, are we going to be able to see the trial livestream? I cannot find it.. thanks.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

all4loveandbelieve

October 30, 2011, 05:45:01 PM
What is annoying to me is the POKE.. i  got 7 pokes again you click on it and there is no poke.  Souza I remember I had PM you about this matter  and you never replied back. I think while you are added in fixing this forum fix the pokes or remove this function.. It is very annoying.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

~Souza~Topic starter

October 30, 2011, 05:49:34 PM
What is annoying to me is the POKE.. i  got 7 pokes again you click on it and there is no poke.  Souza I remember I had PM you about this matter  and you never replied back. I think while you are added in fixing this forum fix the pokes or remove this function.. It is very annoying.

LOL, the poke function is like this (screwed up) but I think it's fun. Ghost pokes. That is why I kept it. The script is not right, that is why you sometimes get ghost pokes, but the function is working, because if I poke someone, it will appear.

On the forum index ('home' in top menu), there is a link to the trial, plus the forum logo also still redirects you to it. Just click on it and you will be redirected to the feed.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

October 30, 2011, 06:20:21 PM
hmmm.. i just posted and now its not here weird........

anyway, it just said that the MJGHI banner still takes you to livestream and chat
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
People laugh when I explain. And though they may laugh, that doesn't change the fact that it's still the truth.

Michael is Alive
The end of evil is nigh
Trust in God
The righteous will prevail

trublu

October 30, 2011, 06:37:57 PM
Well it seems to be running and loading a lot faster for me with it like this. Thank you very much for your hard work.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

October 30, 2011, 08:28:53 PM
Wow...I've been away for a couple days and come back to a whole new looking (and working) forum  ::P.  I don't know how you do it Souza...how you 'fit' all this into your day/life.  I could probably find/make time to do what you must do daily for the forum (although that wouldn't be easy)...but I would definitely lack in techicial abilities, patience...and by extension, commitment (in that order lol).

Thanks for being super in all three  /bravo/

I haven't been on the 'new' forum long enough yet to notice many 'technical' issues (if I come across any others, I'll post about them).  But I've noticed what's already been mentioned...
- the smileys don't appear above the 'quick reply' option, but they do appear in the 'preview' menu (hope that makes sense)
- the words 'post', 'preview', 'save as draft' don't appear until I scroll over them...they're just empty boxes (until I scroll over them)
- I used to be able to click on 'home' to see the latest posts...I think 'home' now takes me to the forum page (what you used to get when you clicked on forum).  I think I can get the same thing by clicking on 'unread posts'...so it's not a big deal

None of these are 'big deals'...they are minor things we can get by without....but we've been spoiled  :lol:

With L.O.V.E. always.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The beauty of Michael Jackson is found in his heart and soul...his enormous talent is a bonus and what a bonus it is.

~PLAY the moments...PAUSE the memories...STOP the pain...REWIND the happiness~

~Souza~Topic starter

October 30, 2011, 08:37:48 PM
Wow...I've been away for a couple days and come back to a whole new looking (and working) forum  ::P.  I don't know how you do it Souza...how you 'fit' all this into your day/life.  I could probably find/make time to do what you must do daily for the forum (although that wouldn't be easy)...but I would definitely lack in techicial abilities, patience...and by extension, commitment (in that order lol).

Thanks for being super in all three  /bravo/

I haven't been on the 'new' forum long enough yet to notice many 'technical' issues (if I come across any others, I'll post about them).  But I've noticed what's already been mentioned...
- the smileys don't appear above the 'quick reply' option, but they do appear in the 'preview' menu (hope that makes sense)
- the words 'post', 'preview', 'save as draft' don't appear until I scroll over them...they're just empty boxes (until I scroll over them)
- I used to be able to click on 'home' to see the latest posts...I think 'home' now takes me to the forum page (what you used to get when you clicked on forum).  I think I can get the same thing by clicking on 'unread posts'...so it's not a big deal

None of these are 'big deals'...they are minor things we can get by without....but we've been spoiled  :lol:

With L.O.V.E. always.

I will see if I can photoshop the buttons. I can see the text, but that might be because of my screen resolution/graphic card because apparently I am one of the few. Will do that later.

The smilies are indeed not in the quick reply field anymore. If you want to use smilies or other codes, you have to click 'reply' and go to full post mode.

The home page has some issues, it's in an older format and won't install as I want it to. I am trying to make it work at the moment or otherwise I will try to find an alternative portal.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions