PureLoveTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
HEAVY D Dead at 44
November 08, 2011, 04:40:08 PM
HEAVY D  Dead at 44

11/8/2011 2:16 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

update_bar
5:12 PM:  An associate of Heavy D's just told us the rapper had pneumonia.

4:28 PM:  Law enforcement tell TMZ ... Heavy D had just returned from shopping and walked up some stairs when he began having trouble breathing.  Adam Mills, a designer who was in the building and knew Heavy D, found him leaning against a railing and clearly in distress.  Adam tells us he cradled Heavy D in his lap as others called 911.  Adam says Heavy D was conscious and said to him, "I can't breathe, I can't breathe."  When paramedics took Heavy D to the hospital he had a pulse.  People in the building are saying he died of a heart attack, but we have not been able to confirm that.  Law enforcement sources tell us ... no foul play was involved and so far they only know the cause of death was "medical."------------------------

Rap legend Heavy D -- one of the most influential rappers of the '90s -- died earlier today ... TMZ has learned.

Heavy D -- real name Dwight Arrington Myers -- was rushed to an L.A. hospital around noon today ... and was pronounced dead at the hospital at 1 PM. He was 44 years old.

We've learned a 911 call was placed from Heavy's Beverly Hills home around 11:25 AM to report an unconscious male on the walkway .

When help arrived, we're told Heavy D was conscious and speaking -- and was transported to a nearby hospital.

He died a short time later.

Cops are investigating the death -- and so far, there are no obvious signs of foul play. Police are currently at the home.

Heavy D had several massive hits -- including "Now That We Found Love." He also wrote and performed the theme song for "In Living Color" ... and appeared as an actor in the movie "Life."

Heavy just performed at the Michael Jackson Tribute Concert in Wales on October 8. He sang "Jam" with La Toya Jackson -- and rocked it.

Eddie F -- one of the founding members of Heavy D & the Boyz -- issued a heartfelt statement about his longtime friend ... saying, "We were only young kids out of high school when we got into the game just wanting to make fun music filled with love and excitement."

"We always had so much fun as a group. I cherish all the happy times we had together while unknowingly helping to build the movement and legacy we call Uptown Records" ... adding, "I love you Hev and we all will miss you so much."

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 02:45:16 AM by ForstAMoon
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

PureLoveTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
Re: HEAVY D Dead at 44
November 08, 2011, 04:41:47 PM
God, he is too young to die. Rest in Peace Dwight.  :cry:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbHI1yI1Ndk&ob=av2e[/youtube]
Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 04:47:45 PM by PureLove
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 08, 2011, 04:55:17 PM
What in the world is going on?  Heavy D was doing very well last I heard.  I wonder what happened.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

November 08, 2011, 05:15:36 PM
 44 is way too young to leave.. Very sad.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 08, 2011, 05:16:16 PM
oh.  :-\
rip heavy d <3
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

أملي هو فيكم.

November 09, 2011, 03:50:22 AM
This news really hurt.  I grew up listening to Heavy-D.  It's another piece of my childhood gone. 

He just released a new album.  He was back on stage (Tribute Concert & BET Hip-Hop Awards), he was on the small screen and the big screen.  I was so excited to see him perform at the BET Hip-Hop Awards.  He did a medley of some of his classics and it just took me back in time.  I hate this.

Dwight Arrington Myers will be missed.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 09, 2011, 04:49:27 AM
Here's a tweet that Heavy D posted on his twitter page on the 4th of Nov:

"Never stop believing...Magic is just science we don't understand...Every original idea was considered insanity at first.."

May his soul rest in peace.

As soon as I saw that tweet, I thought of MJ's "Mind is the magic " song....

Going through more of his tweets....I honestly think he knew .

Other than, Heavy D was highly respectable . I never once heard him curse in his songs.. He was a very great example for the younger generation. :) He will be very much missed.
Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 04:58:04 AM by alfarle
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I turned 6 yrs old when MJ released the Smooth Criminal single. The 24th will be a very special b-day this yr....:) I'll be 29. Subtract 9-2 and what do you get???? lol Lucky #'s . Last yr in my 20's....

use_your_illusion

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • If you're reading this...you owe me a dollar
November 09, 2011, 04:55:03 AM
Jam Jam, here comes the man, hot damn...RIP Heavy D.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Do you give up yet?

November 09, 2011, 08:54:33 AM
Sad sad day for hip-hop :( I was just listening to the remake him and Brandy did of Rock With You the night before he died. That was one of my favorite songs when I was little. RIP Heavy
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

November 09, 2011, 09:03:40 AM
This is very sad and 44 is definitely way too young to die.

Ok, I'm not meaning to be insensitive but is it possible this isn't true?  I mean, he dies exactly a month after the Cardiff concert, a day after the verdict is read...Heavy D (Hoax Death) and 44 is a multiple of 11.  Am I the only one thinking that?  Once again, NO DISRESPECT intended, at all.  I just sometimes get the feeling that when Michael comes back, he won't be alone.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

_Anna_

November 09, 2011, 09:23:39 AM

Ok, I'm not meaning to be insensitive but is it possible this isn't true?  I mean, he dies exactly a month after the Cardiff concert, a day after the verdict is read...Heavy D (Hoax Death) and 44 is a multiple of 11.  Am I the only one thinking that?  Once again, NO DISRESPECT intended, at all.  I just sometimes get the feeling that when Michael comes back, he won't be alone.

Without being disrespectful either, it's something I felt too, and I don't use to think everyone hoaxes their death. But what made me rise an eyebrow today when reading on TMZ was this:

"He also wrote and performed the theme song for "In Living Color" ... and appeared as an actor in the movie "Life."

Too much of "living', "life". I felt something strange. They haven't given any reason why he died all of a sudden at such a young age. Did they say what was the reason? No signs of foul play either.
I feel kinda unconfortable to say this because it's no joke, and may he rest in peace if it's all an eerie coincidence.
Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 09:25:46 AM by _Anna_
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snoopy71

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Life isn't a rehearsal the camera's always rolling
November 09, 2011, 09:33:55 AM
Dwight Arrington Myers (May 24, 1967 – November 8, 2011), better known as Heavy D, was a Jamaican-born American actor, rapper, record producer, singer and former leader of Heavy D & the Boyz, a hip hop group which included G-Whiz (Glen Parrish), "Trouble" T. Roy (Troy Dixon), and Eddie F (born Edward Ferrell). The group maintained a sizable audience in the United States through most of the 1990s.

Myers was born on May 24, 1967 in Mandeville, Jamaica, the son of Eulahlee Lee, a nurse, and Clifford Vincent Myers, a machine technician. His family moved to Mount Vernon, New York, US when he was a young child, where he was raised.

Heavy D & the Boyz were the first group signed to Uptown Records; their debut, Living Large, was released in 1987. The album was a commercial success, though Big Tyme was a breakthrough that included four hits. Trouble T. Roy died at age 22 in a fall on July 15, 1990, in Indianapolis. Dixon's death led to a tribute on the follow-up platinum album, Peaceful Journey. Pete Rock & CL Smooth created a tribute to Trouble T. Roy called "They Reminisce Over You (T.R.O.Y.)" which is regarded as a hip-hop classic.

Heavy D & the Boyz gained even more fame by singing the theme song for the television program In Living Color and also MADtv, and Heavy D performed the rap on Michael Jackson's hit single "Jam" as well as sister Janet Jackson's hit single "Alright". Heavy D then began focusing on his acting, appearing in various television shows before returning the music charts with Nuttin' But Love. After appearing in the off-Broadway play Riff Raff at Circle Repertory Company, Heavy D returned to recording with the hit Waterbed Hev. In 1997, Heavy D collaborated with B.B. King on his duets album Deuces Wild rapping in the song "Keep It Coming." Heavy D was referred to in the song "Juicy" by the Notorious B.I.G., and appears in his music video for "One More Chance".

Heavy D performed at the 2011 BET Hip Hop Awards in October 2011. It was his first live performance in 15 years. Myers died on November 8, 2011 in Los Angeles, California, at the age of 44. He collapsed outside his Beverly Hills home and was taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. It has been reported that his death was due to respiratory issues and that no foul play was involved.

We will miss you angel!You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 09:39:07 AM by Snoopy71
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

November 09, 2011, 09:39:26 AM

Without being disrespectful either, it's something I felt too, and I don't use to think everyone hoaxes their death. But what made me rise an eyebrow today when reading on TMZ was this:

"He also wrote and performed the theme song for "In Living Color" ... and appeared as an actor in the movie "Life."

Too much of "living', "life". I felt something strange. They haven't given any reason why he died all of a sudden at such a young age. Did they say what was the reason? No signs of foul play either.
I feel kinda unconfortable to say this because it's no joke, and may he rest in peace if it's all an eerie coincidence.

And his last tweets, which were mentioned above can be interpretted from a hoax perspective - " Never stop believing.. Magic is just science we don't understand.. Every original idea was considered insanity at first.." and "All glory comes from daring to begin." and "BE INSPIRED".

I don't know, maybe I'm think too much with a hoax mind but it's possible.  If he is dead, may he rest in peace.  I suppose there is always hope.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

November 09, 2011, 09:42:01 AM

I was thinking the same thing Andrea,this does seem a bit suspicious,and he died from a heart attack.I have the same gut feeling.This is very odd.I am speechless right know.Heavy D was a class act.It is also interesting that he was in LA at the time.Strange to say the least.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
MJ u are so beautiful,inside and out,u truly are a gift from God.I love u,brother.

November 09, 2011, 06:24:03 PM

And his last tweets, which were mentioned above can be interpretted from a hoax perspective - " Never stop believing.. Magic is just science we don't understand.. Every original idea was considered insanity at first.." and "All glory comes from daring to begin." and "BE INSPIRED".

I don't know, maybe I'm think too much with a hoax mind but it's possible.  If he is dead, may he rest in peace.  I suppose there is always hope.

I was thinking the same thing. I believe from his tweets that he and MJ were VERY close.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I turned 6 yrs old when MJ released the Smooth Criminal single. The 24th will be a very special b-day this yr....:) I'll be 29. Subtract 9-2 and what do you get???? lol Lucky #'s . Last yr in my 20's....

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal