SarahliTopic starter

Michael Jackson Would 'Absolutely' Be Alive If Not for Conrad Murray, Juror Says

Debbie Franklin, juror No. 5 in the Conrad Murray trial, speaks out exclusively to "Good Morning America" about the tense moments inside the jury room. (ABC)

(go on the website to watch the video...) --> You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

By JIM AVILA (@JimAvilaABC) , KAITLYN FOLMER (@ABCKaitlyn) and KATIE KINDELAN
Nov. 9, 2011

Nearly all the 12 jurors chosen to decide the fate of Dr. Conrad Murray in the trial over the death of Michael Jackson had decided on his guilt the first day of deliberations, the first juror in the case to speak out exclusively tells ABC News.

Debbie Franklin, a 48-year-old mother of two from Temple City, Calif., was the juror who, on Monday, rung the buzzer three times in the Los Angeles courtroom where Murray had sat on trial for the past six weeks to alert the judge and the world that a verdict had been reached.

"Our hearts were pounding to go out there," Franklin told "Good Morning America," of the moment she and the other jurors emerged from eight hours of deliberations to issue a guilty verdict for Murray that could send him to prison for up to four years.

The jury convicted Murray of involuntary manslaughter in the 2009 drug-overdose death of the King of Pop. Prosecutors alleged that Murray supplied an insomnia-plagued Jackson with the powerful operating-room anesthetic propofol to help him sleep as he rehearsed for his "This Is It" comeback tour.

Franklin says she and the other jurors believe Jackson, who was 50, would "absolutely" be alive today if not for Murray.

"Conrad Murray did it," she said. "Conrad Murray agreed to be the one to go into the bedroom and do this. He [Jackson] was looking for somebody to say yes, and Conrad Murray said yes."

Prosecutors portrayed Murray, 58, as a negligent doctor who gave the singer what he wanted, the drug propofol, at home in Jackson's bedroom without the necessary safeguards and care when things went wrong.

"I thought they did an excellent job," Franklin said of the prosecution. "They were ready for every witness. The questioning went from beginning to end. Nothing seemed to sidetrack them."

Franklin says there were three factors presented in the trial that led the jury to a guilty verdict for Murray.

"The three biggest things for us were the 911 call, not calling 911. That was a big issue, and not having the medical equipment in the room to put somebody under sedation and leaving the room," she said.

While the jury was nearly unanimous from the trial's start that Murray played a role in Jackson's death, not everyone was convinced the doctor was solely responsible, Franklin said.

Murray, who did not testify in his trial, told police that he administered only a small dose on the day Jackson died. His lawyers blamed Jackson for his own death, saying the singer injected himself with an ultimately lethal dose of the drug while Murray was out of the room.

"Even if Michael Jackson injected himself, which I don't think we believed, but, we felt, even if he did, that wouldn't have mattered because Conrad Murray brought the situation there," she said. "He was the doctor. He was in charge."

Jackson's behavior was barely a consideration, despite the fact that Franklin believes "he had a lot of issues... I believe he had addictions or dependence."

But the argument that the pop singer's addiction led to his own death was not enough to sway Franklin, or the other jurors.

"I really think they didn't have a lot to work with," she said of Murray's defense team. "They tried to do what they could with what they had."

Although the jury came to a verdict fairly quickly, it was not easy for the seven men and five women.

"We took a vote and it was not unanimous, so we said let's think about it over the weekend and talk about it on Monday," she said of the jury's first day of deliberations on Friday. "It was stressful. It was a lot of work. Yelling, everybody was talking."

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are here for you Michael and will always love you whatever happens.
'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
"You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them."

_Anna_

This is completely contradictory to what TMZ reported today. Whom to believe? Considering the juror is sayin this on video this means TMZ lied. LaToya said Harvey Levin Knows. So WHO is saying the truth?

TMZ:

"The juror -- who asked not to be identified -- tells us jurors were not conflicted and that "it was a concrete decision." 

The juror also said the jurors were unified early on ... long before they ended their 8-plus hours of deliberations"

And here this woman says "We took a vote and it was not unanimous, so we said let's think about it over the weekend and talk about it on Monday"
Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 08:50:16 AM by _Anna_
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snoopy71

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Life isn't a rehearsal the camera's always rolling
There have been contradictions all through the trial....(controversy)

Michael is healthy, but he's a drug addict

Alvarez took the IV bag down, but there's no fingerprints

The IV bag was infused, but there's no propofol in the line

Murray hid the vials in a bag, but didn't take the bag with him

EMT's said Michaels body was half off the bed, on the floor, side of the bed, foot of the bed...blah,blah,blah

.....and don't start with the conflicting testimonies....I mean this list goes on and on of contradictions.

..........it's to make you question the jurys verdict...(2005 trial)

....this is sooooo scripted. :lol:
Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 09:14:57 AM by Snoopy71
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

_Anna_

I give it so much attention because LaToya said "Harvey knows. Harvey Levin knows". So since then, we have Harvey/TMZ kinda validated. How LaToya said it, it sounded like Harvey is close with the family with a lot of tings. Harvey from TMZ out of any other journalist. Also the way LaToya said first "Harvey knows" was like they are close, to call him by his second name. Then she repeated "Harvey Levin knows". To be sure what Harvey.

It's like a slap in the face.

TMZ:
"The juror tells us jurors were not conflicted and that "it was a concrete decision"

ABC News juror:
"We took a vote and it was not unanimous, so we said let's think about it over the weekend."
Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 09:11:31 AM by _Anna_
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
This is completely contradictory to what TMZ reported today. Whom to believe? Considering the juror is sayin this on video this means TMZ lied. LaToya said Harvey Levin Knows. So WHO is saying the truth?

TMZ:

"The juror -- who asked not to be identified -- tells us jurors were not conflicted and that "it was a concrete decision." 

The juror also said the jurors were unified early on ... long before they ended their 8-plus hours of deliberations"

And here this woman says "We took a vote and it was not unanimous, so we said let's think about it over the weekend and talk about it on Monday"

I'm gonna be a nooge again.  The vote was probably mostly "guilty".  The other person/s probably were NOT adamant in their "not guilty",,,,,,and wanted to think on it some more.  Sounds reasonable to me.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

lorela

I heard that they made the decision on Friday, but waited till Monday because of all the sevens (seventh day of the month, seventh week of the trial, 25th day of the trial - 2+7=7). I read that somewhere ...

I know Michael's alive and I know Murray's guilty (you know what I mean). "Guilty" is the correct verdict, but do I feel this is justice? No. No matter how you turn this, Michael is not completely innocent in this case. I deeply love him, but to send someone in jail for whatever purpose - someone with children, with career ... not a nice feeling for me. How do you feel?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

curls

How do you know Murray is in jail, Lorela?
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

use_your_illusion

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • If you're reading this...you owe me a dollar
Yes very contridictory...so this Juror says it was not unanimous, and to me it looks like she is not part of the hoax, so what are the chances that the jury would decide on a verdict on the 7/11/11 and a guilty verdict for that matter?...which begs me to believe MJ was a jury member and calling the shots, so that it could fall in favour with his hoax plans and numerology...reminds me of what Latoya said;

"He was in that courtroom and that's why victory was served.”

In my opinion this pretty much says it all...hopefully we will see every juror come out and talk about this, we might soon see another Dave Dave move...lol
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions