_Anna_Topic starter

Conrad Murray Jury-Language Barrier in Jury Room?
November 09, 2011, 12:03:36 PM
English was not the only language used in the jury deliberation room in Conrad Murray's case ... this according to a relative of one of the jurors ... and there may have been a language barrier in the juror room.

We're told at least 2 of the jurors began discussing the case in Spanish during the 8-hour deliberation. 

A relative of one juror -- we'll call him juror A -- tells TMZ ... another juror -- juror B -- had "some trouble" understanding some of the testimony.  During the deliberations juror A had to translate the testimony into Spanish to juror B.

In the questionnaire jurors were required to fill out, the first question read, "Do you have any difficulty reading, speaking or understanding English." 

A spokesperson for the court tells TMZ ... as far as officials know there were no issues with any juror understanding English.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

_Anna_Topic starter

In the questionnaire is clearly written: "Do you have any difficulty reading, speaking or understanding English?" I remember this very well when the questionnaire was posted on TMZ. They were asked in advance.

As far as I understand if the juror A had to translate parts to juror B this means that Juror B really doesn't understand English at a reasonable level as to take part to a trial which is 100% developed in English. I am not a native  English speaker but I understand English at a high level. I might not know every word, no one does, and sometimes look them up into the dictionary. But from what they say, Juror A translated  the testimony to Juror B - so juror B didn't understand almost anything from the part spoken in English?

I know and noticed, also, that usually Spanish people have difficulty in understanding English more than other people from other countries. No harm intended, that's not the point of how well people speak English, but this is something I noticed with all the Spanish people I've seen and met. I think it depends on every country's chosen languages to learn early in school, or it doesn't matter.

But what I say is that it looks like at least 2 jurors didn't understand clearily and they reached to the verdict in the end like "fuck that shit, ok, guilty".
Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 12:19:02 PM by _Anna_
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Well... I don't trust TMZ at all, but regardless - even native English speakers, I'm sure,
had problems understanding certain witnesses!  :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

_Anna_Topic starter

TMZ is a tabloid, as any other.. but after LaToya said "There's much more going on and Harvey knows. Harvey Levin Knows" it somehow validated them in my eyes. How she said it was like only the family and Harvey know that there's much more going on.  At least I hope she said the truth, although lying about this, saying Harvey knows, it would simply make no sense.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

suspicious mind

TMZ is a tabloid, as any other.. but after LaToya said "There's much more going on and Harvey knows. Harvey Levin Knows" it somehow validated them in my eyes. How she said it was like only the family and Harvey know that there's much more going on.  At least I hope she said the truth, although lying about this, saying Harvey knows, it would simply make no sense.

ahh that statement doesn't neccessarily  have to put harvey in the good guy catagory.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be shrewd as serpents and as innocent as doves."  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why not just tell people I'm an alien from Mars? Tell them I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight. They'll believe anything you say, because you're a reporter. But if I, Michael Jackson, were to say, "I'm an alien from Mars and I eat live chickens and do a voodoo dance at midnight," people would say, "Oh, man, that Michael Jackson is nuts. He's cracked up. You can't believe a single word that comes out of his mouth."

Anymore of this gets out, we might see a re-trial in the near future. One juror who had difficulties understanding the testimonies means one obvious thing: Murray did not get his God given right to a fair trial. Whats up with this?! I just knew after the guilty verdict was read, there would be problems. You can only fit so much into a tight bubble before it *POPS*
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Sarahli

Sometimes we have to read between the lines even more with TMZ because they don't necessarily know it all, just what the doctor ordered. Anyway concerning the language problem here it may hint to a possible critic when it comes to jury selection. Or that we begin to receive "whispers" of a possible sequel to the trial.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are here for you Michael and will always love you whatever happens.
'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
"You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them."

paula-c

English was not the only language used in the jury deliberation room in Conrad Murray's case ... this according to a relative of one of the jurors ... and there may have been a language barrier in the juror room.

We're told at least 2 of the jurors began discussing the case in Spanish during the 8-hour deliberation. 

A relative of one juror -- we'll call him juror A -- tells TMZ ... another juror -- juror B -- had "some trouble" understanding some of the testimony.  During the deliberations juror A had to translate the testimony into Spanish to juror B.

In the questionnaire jurors were required to fill out, the first question read, "Do you have any difficulty reading, speaking or understanding English." 

A spokesperson for the court tells TMZ ... as far as officials know there were no issues with any juror understanding English.

Barrier to language, :?: in spanish, :?:.. i am :lol:
Harvey read my post and they do not understand :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Sarahli

:lol: :lol: :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
We are here for you Michael and will always love you whatever happens.
'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'
"You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them."

use_your_illusion

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • If you're reading this...you owe me a dollar

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Do you give up yet?

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
This is hilarious really. :lol:

What if the verdict gets cancelled because some of the jurors didn't understand well and therefore they gave the wrong verdict. :lol: This is the Greatest Show On Earth and anything is possible. And I would definitely expect something like this from Michael.
:lol:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Playing it safe is the riskiest choice.
Unbelievable. It was hard enough to understand all that medical stuff they talked about and I confess I didn't understand everything, but a juror not to understand the testimony?!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions