_Anna_Topic starter

Michael JacksonFormer Manager Says Propofol Use Began in 1999

11/13/2011 7:22 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson took Propofol as early as 1999, a former manager claims in a new book -- and says Jackson was late to his 30th anniversary concerts because he was drugged up.

Frank Cascio, a former personal assistant to Jackson who eventually became his close friend and manager, writes that he first noticed Jackson taking Demerol in 1993 during his "Dangerous" tour. He says Jackson was first introduced to the drug in 1984, after Jackson burned his head during a Pepsi commercial shoot.

In the book, an advanced copy of which was obtained by the AP, Cascio claims Jackson took Propofol in 1999 after a stage accident in Munich.

Cascio says he spoke to Jackson's siblings about his drug use in 2001 and they tried to approach Jackson about it -- but MJ "simply pushed them away."

Writing about Jackson's death, Cascio says Michael "died in his endless quest to attain some inner peace."

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 12:21:32 PM by ForstAMoon
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

We need pharmacists to speak outside their small twitter accounts.
People, managers and media especially, still have no clue about what
is Demerol and what is Propofol and what are they taken for.
I get impression for most out there Demerol=Propofol. Which is wrong on
so many levels. Education anyone? Special courses for media people.

Okay. I thought the initial story was Michael couldn't sleep during HIStory tour
[he hated touring, he had reasons]
and maybe that's when he first needed anaesthesiologist to travel with him.
Propofol or it's analogue was used - no idea.
Demerol has it's own story, painkillers started in 80s and were battled in around 1993.
Demerol was making come back in early 00s, and our pretty Dr.Klein was using it
on Michael in 09 as we all know now, irregular doses but really a questionable
choice for a patient with a history of painkillers addiction, be it 80s or 00s.
Propofol is not physically addictive. Michael could be psychologically dependant
at this point, with the thought of "nothing else will help me sleep!", but we do not
know if the whole Propofol story is true at all or was made up for hoax purpose.
Ok, I bored even myself at this point  :oops:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Andrea

The 999 of the '1999' stands out to me.

That, and the mention of the Pepsi fire - 9282 days - from birth to fire and from fire to "death".

And if you add up all these numbers - 11/13/2011 7:22 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF - you get 21 which is 777!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Being the perfectionist, I can believe that Michael never slept well during any major tour.  He often said himself how he would be so energized and wound up that it was extremely hard for him to come down and relax.  So he took propofol in 1999.  I took it myself in 1989 and will take it again if needed.  That doesnot make me addicted to it.  But believe me, if ever I have to be put under for ANYTHING, just like Michael, I will ask for my milk. /cook/

My desire for propofol is because I don’t want to know anything that’s going on when invasive procedures are being done.  That’s my reason.  Otherwise, I am obivlious to it, which is the same way I see Michael’s need for it.  Only when he is experiencing high anxiety as only a tour would make him, and he needed, NO, it was IMPERATIVE for him to sleep in order to get through it giving it his everything and then some.  I don’t necessarily agreee with it, but I can truly understand it. 

But does that necessarily make him addicted to it?  Not necessarily.  It’s his drug of choice to do what he needs to be done when he needs it to be done.  If Michael Jackson didn’t need propofol to sleep otherwise, outside of touring, then it was simply something he relied on because he knew from experience (the best teacher) that IT WORKED when it needed to work.  And he suffered no major consequences from it when his doctor followed his job responsiilities to the letter.  MONITOR HIM! That’s they key element.  M.O.N.I.T.O.R
Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 02:38:41 PM by hesouttamylife
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

PureLove

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • To die would be an awfully big adventure.
The 999 of the '1999' stands out to me.

That, and the mention of the Pepsi fire - 9282 days - from birth to fire and from fire to "death".

And if you add up all these numbers - 11/13/2011 7:22 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF - you get 21 which is 777!

Exactly Andrea. 9 9 9 issue again. ;) And what a great timing of TMZ once again! :lol:

Cascios knows about the hoax imo. And they're saying what Michael wants them to say. I do not believe Michael was or is a drug addict.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Galaxy

This video seems to indicate the Michael may have be doing Propofol as early as 1997. If you listen carefully around the 2:36 mark, it suggests that a doctor was with Michael when he woke up.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6ru1wO1nSk[/youtube]
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saving The Universe One A**hole At A Time.

This video seems to indicate the Michael may have be doing Propofol as early as 1997. If you listen carefully around the 2:36 mark, it suggests that a doctor was with Michael when he woke up.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6ru1wO1nSk[/youtube]
Yea I remember watching this interview a long time ago and thinking it was weird that a doctor was there when he woke up. But with Michael you can never know if he said that just for the purpose of planting the seeds in our minds or not. I believe he talked about how he would make up stories for the tabloids (sleeping in the chamber, buying the elephant man's bones, etc.)  in this interview too.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I also wanted to comment on the reflection in Michael's glasses. Is is normal for both lenses to have the same reflection??
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

love when mj turns of the light. 'ca-ching!"  so cute!

hate (sorry stong word) barbara walters in this interview.

she asks mj isnt it a journalists role to be harh, to uncover things and seek the truth.

why? when? who made journos and media god. makes me so angry this interview.

its been years since i have watched it, yet is still rages me!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
People laugh when I explain. And though they may laugh, that doesn't change the fact that it's still the truth.

Michael is Alive
The end of evil is nigh
Trust in God
The righteous will prevail

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Playing it safe is the riskiest choice.
OK so first he was given morphine for the pain after the pepsi accident.
This was for pain.

Then the Jordan Chandler episode happened so he took what? Morphine or propofol? Why would he have taken it? For sure didn't solve his problem with Jordan Chandler.

If he couldn't sleep why he didn't drink some lime tea :roll: or a glass of hot milk (real milk) or why he didn't just do some physical activity to help him sleep better?

suspicious// suspicious// suspicious//
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

makes me angry when people judge. big deal. he took some tablets to sleep, or didnt. who cares. makes me angry because if someone falsely accused me in public forum of being a peodephile and the whole world was watching and there were court cases, bodily examinations, interrogation, etc, I wouldnt be able to sleep either and I DEFINITELY would have taken something to help me sleep. what an ordeal. any human going thru what mj went thru would have dealt with this ugly situation with desperation.

it was horrible. we can never fathom the extent of humilitaion that mj endured.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
People laugh when I explain. And though they may laugh, that doesn't change the fact that it's still the truth.

Michael is Alive
The end of evil is nigh
Trust in God

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Playing it safe is the riskiest choice.
He was too young maybe.
Too young to go through it.
He shouldn't have cared so much.
I'm not judging him for taking pills (if this is true anyway).
I just don't understand why he would do it when there are other ways, better ways. People who can not control them selves take pills. MJ like I  imagine him must have been stronger than that. But who knows, maybe he was weak.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snoopy71

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Life isn't a rehearsal the camera's always rolling
Propofol use began in 1999? suspicious//

Okay I have to confess, I didn't follow Michaels career much after 1994You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

.....but I was under the impression he stopped touring in 1997 (History tour)

So why would he need the propofol from 1999 on to be routinely "put to sleep"?

....am I missing something here? :?
Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 06:45:39 PM by Snoopy71
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

@gina, my comment is directed more at cascio not you hun. sorry i didnt specify.

however i dont think taking a few pills when under this pressure makes him weak. the stress he ws under was enormous.

easy for us to say, have a glass of milk or do some physical activity to go to sleep.

have you ever been under extreme mental stress. anxiety. i know i have. and i know that they were nights when i could not sleep no matter how much exercise i did. no matter how much milk i drank, etc. if there is extreme stress, the brain finds it hard to let go and shut down. the 'mouse wheel' is still turning so one cant get to sleep.

in regards to your comment abt physical activity. MJ does more physical activity than any other performer. we know that. esp is the dangerous period. so i dont think your suggestion would have been a solution for him.

the issues with the accusations were not simple issues. they were complex. therefore needing more than a simple solution. perhaps medicated sleeping was best for him at this stage.

also what would we know? we only get this info from the media... how do we know a doc wasnt professionally medicating him to sleep and then his prev manager wants to throw mud and say he had drug problems. everyone loves throwing mud at mj. and if they get paid for the interview then that 'mud slinging' is an 'investment'

we really dont know the extext of drug abuse or if there was any at all.

and if there was, it certainly does not make him weak. or anyone for that matter. we are all human.

MJ is human. amazing yes. but not superhuman. hard to believe i know....

my point is, we all have physical limits.
Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 06:59:21 PM by Australian MJ BeLIEver
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Michael is Alive
The end of evil is nigh
Trust in God

~Souza~

Who with even half a brain would believe Michael would ask for propofol to sleep? Seriously, even if you thought he was not the sharpest tool in the box before this hoax, you would at least know now that he is a very intelligent and educated man. He knows propofol doesn't make you sleep, it puts you under. That's it. If he wanted to sleep, he would have asked for sleep medication, not an anesthetic. I don't believe that for a second. I could imagine he could have had a demerol dependency after that bridge 'accident' back in 1999, because that MUST have hurt like crazy. But dependency doesn't have to mean he was addicted. I had my tonsils removed when I was 23, which I can tell you hurts like hell if you are an adult. For a week or two, I had a depency for pain killers, simply because I wanted the pain to go away. As soon as the pain got less, my pain killer use got less, until I could do without. That didn't make me addicted to them, yet I depended on them. I don't know how severe his back pain was after that, but from what I have read and heard it was kinda serious. Could mean he had a demerol dependency for a while. Doesn't make him a hardcore drug addict.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions