Frank Cascio's New Book: Some Interesting Stories
November 19, 2011, 04:10:06 PM
Hey guys, I'm currently reading Frank Cascio's New Book: My Friend Michael and I thought I'd share some interesting stories for those of you who don't have time to read it or don't want to. The book is divided into three parts and I'm on part three. I have to say that while it is a good book and it does tell about the magic of Michael but it is not all positive. It talks a lot of Michael's drug use and the problems that Michael faced. I wouldn't say that Frank is trying to portray Michael in a bad light, he actually comes off as protective of him, but I think these stories are being told for a reason. So here are some of the highlights:

-Frank ALWAYS talks about how natural a father Michael is. I loved reading all of the stories about when Frank was a kid and Michael essentially helped raise him. He said that Michael always found a lesson in everything and stressed the importance of knowledge.

-Frank's dedication to Michael: "To Michael, my teacher--thank you for being a father, a brother, a mentor, and a friend, and for the greatest adventure I could ever have imagined I love you, and I miss you every day.

-Frank says that Michael explained his marriage to Lisa Marie as a business deal. Michael said that he needed to appear as if he was a family man to Prince Al-Waleed especially after the 1993 allegations. However, it kind of seems as if Frank doesn't really believe that was the entire case. He also said that they were intimate and he thinks that Michael really just wanted to have children. He said that Michael complained that Lisa liked to fight and that Michael's response would be to just sit there clapping and smiling  lolol/  And although, Lisa said that they remained close for four years after the divorce, Frank said he hardly ever saw them together. But Frank does believe that Lisa thought the marriage was real.

-Michael also said that the marriage to Debbie was for business as well. He married her because Prince Al-Waleed didn't like the idea of him having children outside of marriage. Based on the book, Debbie and Michael lived separately and rarely had contact but they were still good friends. During this time, Michael also had a few casual girlfriends with some of his fans.

-According to Frank, Michael had a lot of love for his family but always kept them at a distance. He said that Michael always praised Randy for his musical talents and that he could play any instrument he wanted. Interestingly, Frank said that while Michael forgave La Toya for what she said in 1993 but he still wanted nothing to do with her. And Michael had had problems with Jermaine contracting him to appearances and business deals without his permission and so even though he loved Jermaine, he had to keep him at a distance, which Jermaine then wrote Word to the Badd in response, and while Michael eventually forgave, he wanted nothing to do with him after that.

-Michael did not want to reunite with his brothers for the 30th reunion special, especially because he didn't want to deal with Jermaine, but he did for his mother

-From what I gather, It was actually Frank who had the meeting in the World Trade Centers on 9/11 to return a $2 million watch that Michael had worn in the 30th anniversary special to the Bank of America

Ok this is where it gets really sad:

-based on everything I've read so far, it seems that everything went downhill after the 1993 allegations. Frank made sure to emphasize that NOTHING inappropriate happened when him and his brothers stayed with Michael. It was also interesting to note that every time Frank and Jordie were both at Neverland, Jordie always stayed in the Guest units and based on my interpretation, it didn't seem like Michael and Jordie were as close as the press made them out to be.

-Michael did take demerol in 1984 after the Pepsi incident and in 1993 but he wasn't addicted. Here is a quote about him going to rehab in '93:
                      "in later years, Michael would explain to me that the cancellation of the tour had had nothing to do with drug addiction. It was because his next tour date was in Puerto Rico, on American soil, and if he had entered the United States at this time, there was a very real chance that he would have been arrested on the allegations of child molestation. To avoid his arrest, his team of handlers had to come up with a way to get him out of the rest of the tour. The only way to guarantee that the part of the tour that was canceled would be covered by insurance would be if Michael opted out because of a medical problem..."

-According to Frank, Michael really became dependent after his bridge accident in 1999. This was the first time that he witnessed Michael receiving propofol. Frank became increasingly concerned when he noticed all of the medication Michael was receiving and at times doctors would put prescriptions in Frank's name. However, Michael told Frank it was because he was in extraordinary pain and he had been entertaining since he was five and it was catching up to his body. So at first, Frank trusted the doctors.

-But Frank really started to worry when Michael once told him, "One thing doctors can't measure and diagnose is pain. If you tell them you're in pain, they have to treat you based on what you feel." Frank told him he didn't want to end up like Elvis but Michael said he didn't have a problem.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You can't do your best when you're doubting yourself. If you don't believe in yourself, who will?" - Michael Jackson...Moonwalk

He goes in to more detail and other stories of drug abuse but I found this one particular sad:
    "I had never seen Michael in such a state. Neve, ever in my life...I covered Michael's face with my jacket and loaded him into the wheelchair, and we all went upstairs: Michael in the wheelchair, Grace, Prince, Paris, the two other security guards, and I. When everyone started to pile into the room, I suddenly felt like I couldn't take it anymore and I blew up. 'Grace, Take the kids!' I demanded and sent them away. Security was trying to explain what had happened, but I didn't even let them get started. 'How could you let this happen?' I exploded. 'He can't even fucking talk. His kids were on the train with him! His kids saw this! Everyone get the fuck out of this room.'...I ordered some Gatorade from room service so Michael could start to hydrate. Then I turned to him and said, 'Why the fuck did you do this to yourself? What did you take?'
      Michael was honest with me. 'I was drinking vodka--and then I took a Xanax.'
     'You're a fucking idiot for doing that in front of your kids,' I fumed.
     'It wasn't in front of them,' he mumbled, which I guessed was possible...then Michael announced, 'They are trying to fuck me.'
    'Who is trying to fuck you?'
     'The Firm.' He was referring to his managers. He told me to get one of them on the phone...[Frank says he shouldn't talk to anyone on this condition but he grabbed the phone]
   'I'm the biggest artist in the world,' he began. 'And you're treating me like this? You're supposed to be working for me, fighting for what I want and what's best for this album. You haven't shown me a marketing plan. I've been asking for a plan for six months and I haven't seen a thing. WHere's the plan? You're purposely trying to sabotage this album. You're fucking traitor....I'd never heard him raise his voice and yell at someone, but now he was screaming: 'Fuck you, fuck you, you're fired. Stay out of my life. If you don't believe in me, there are other people who do.'

Basically he goes on to explain that Michael thought Sony and his Firm were in cahoots to scheme to get his Beatles catalog. He thought that Michael understood that he needed to get better. Michael did start to get better by getting the help of Dr. Farshchian who started to wean Michael off of the drugs by putting a patch on his stomach but then Michael eventually went back on drugs.

Sorry if this all seems rambled.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You can't do your best when you're doubting yourself. If you don't believe in yourself, who will?" - Michael Jackson...Moonwalk

_Anna_

Would you write a book about your best friend/father/brother/mentor and say how your friend became drug dependent? For me that's no friend. Even if it were true, I wouldn't write that and sell my book to the world to read. I would write only good things and I would be a tomb regarding PRIVATE issues of someone else other than myself. No one has the right to spread around things that don't concern them.

To me, that's no friend. Once they start speaking out about how dependent he's been, for me that's done. A true friend would never do that. Another "friend" showing him like a wreck. This will have no end.

That's garbage plain and simple. I wouldn't say that about my best friend even if paid in millions. I'm full with all his "friends". After the war everyone is hero.

You know what? No one comes and writes a book without throwing in garbage. Because garbage sells.

Just hypothetical situation: he could be a drug addict, everything he/they say, but just for the sake of making people having a good image of my friend, I would shut the fuck up.

I'm sorry for the rant.
Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 04:30:34 PM by _Anna_
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MaryK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • The world is just illusion, trying to change you
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Would you write a book about your best friend/father/brother/mentor and say how your friend became drug dependent? For me that's no friend. Even if it were true, I wouldn't write that and sell my book to the world to read. I would write only good things and I would be a tomb regarding PRIVATE issues of someone else other than myself. No one has the right to spread around things that don't concern them.

To me, that's no friend. Once they start speaking out about how dependent he's been, for me that's done. A true friend would never do that. Another "friend" showing him like a wreck. This will have no end.

That's garbage plain and simple. I wouldn't say that about my best friend even if paid in millions. I'm full with all his "friends". After the war everyone is hero.

I really do believe that Michael is in perfect agreement with every single line written in that book. It has been published for a reason and everything we read there is the honest truth.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You and I were never separate

It's just an illusion

Wrought by the magical lens of Perception

GINAFELICIA

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • Playing it safe is the riskiest choice.
I can't read anymore, I am sorry, it hurts :cry:
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MaryK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
I can't read anymore, I am sorry, it hurts :cry:

Yes it does....and I believe that this is the purpose of it.....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

It's just an illusion

You know what? No one comes and writes a book without throwing in garbage. Because garbage sells.

Just hypothetical situation: he could be a drug addict, everything he/they say, but just for the sake of making people having a good image of my friend, I would shut the fuck up.

I'm sorry for the rant.
  AMEN to that!  I couldn't agree with you more. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Do

I'm sorry for the rant.
  AMEN to that!  I couldn't agree with you more. 

I also agree with this. So Frank knew what Michael was fighting against:

'They are trying to fuck me.'
     'The Firm.' He was referring to his managers. He told me to get one of them on the phone...[Frank says he shouldn't talk to anyone on this condition but he grabbed the phone]
   'I'm the biggest artist in the world,' he began. 'And you're treating me like this? You're supposed to be working for me, fighting for what I want and what's best for this album. You haven't shown me a marketing plan. I've been asking for a plan for six months and I haven't seen a thing. WHere's the plan? You're purposely trying to sabotage this album. You're fucking traitor....I'd never heard him raise his voice and yell at someone, but now he was screaming: 'Fuck you, fuck you, you're fired. Stay out of my life. If you don't believe in me, there are other people who do.'

Basically he goes on to explain that Michael thought Sony and his Firm were in cahoots to scheme to get his Beatles catalog.

Do you call yourself a friend when you 'produce' the first posthumous Michael Jackson album with Michael's enemies a.k.a. Sony? Yes, it's all about the money, so is this book. I don't like that kind of 'friends'.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Three passions, simple but overwhelmingly strong, have governed my life: the longing for love, the search for knowledge, and unbearable pity for the suffering of mankind."
Bertrand Russel

MaryK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
Sorry in advance for this rather long post. But I really need to say this or else my head will explode  :o

I strongly DISAGREE with your opinion that a real friend would not do that.
IMO this book is the sacrifice of a true friend.
Frank is willing to expose the truth, even at the risk of being considered a traitor in the public opinion. And why??? Because Michael asked him to
As I said...I believe Michael is in agreement with the book. He wanted Frank to publish it. He has a message....

Don´t you think that he is fed up with being the puppet, the jumping jack, everybodys darling or somebodys demon, the angel to some, the demon to others, the dancing bear, the dazzling songbird in the gilded cage, the mystery and yet the prisoner within his own life.....
Don´t you hear him, FEEL him shouting out to you, SCREAMING his pain into your faces ….the pain, the anger, the frustration....

I really do believe that he´s hurting inside, that his heart is filled with sadness, anger, fear and pain...and yet so much love for those who are willing to really listen....And I believe that this is his message for everyone of us who wants to hear, see and FEEL: I am in pain and I needed to get away from it.... escape...forgive me because I really do love you with all my heart, but understand WHY I had to do it.

That´s why he makes so many friends speak out about his pains on his behalf: to make us all see what he was going through.
That´s the reason why he has friends and family dropping so many clues...because he wants us to know that he is alive...but he also wants understanding and forgiveness and must of all: LOVE.

What more do you need to believe.....just FEEL him behind all of this.

Oh and just to clarify: I do not believe that everyone  is instructed by him. No doubt that there are people who are just trying to make money.....

Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 05:47:05 PM by MaryK
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

It's just an illusion

Ariel

I really do believe that Michael is in perfect agreement with every single line written in that book. It has been published for a reason and everything we read there is the honest truth.

I have the same feeling. What was posted sounds like a normal man talk.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ariel

Sorry, I don't post often and can't always remember my password easily when I come.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I intend to get this book.  Thanks for the recaps.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Don't stop this child, He's the father of man
Don't cross his way, He's part of the plan
I am that child, but so are you
You've just forgotten, Just lost the clue.”

MJ "Magical Child"
Still Rocking my World…
   and leaving me Speechless!

“True goodbyes are the ones never said

He goes in to more detail and other stories of drug abuse but I found this one particular sad:
    "I had never seen Michael in such a state. Neve, ever in my life...I covered Michael's face with my jacket and loaded him into the wheelchair, and we all went upstairs: Michael in the wheelchair, Grace, Prince, Paris, the two other security guards, and I. When everyone started to pile into the room, I suddenly felt like I couldn't take it anymore and I blew up. 'Grace, Take the kids!' I demanded and sent them away. Security was trying to explain what had happened, but I didn't even let them get started. 'How could you let this happen?' I exploded. 'He can't even fucking talk. His kids were on the train with him! His kids saw this! Everyone get the fuck out of this room.'...I ordered some Gatorade from room service so Michael could start to hydrate. Then I turned to him and said, 'Why the fuck did you do this to yourself? What did you take?'
      Michael was honest with me. 'I was drinking vodka--and then I took a Xanax.'
     'You're a fucking idiot for doing that in front of your kids,' I fumed.
     'It wasn't in front of them,' he mumbled, which I guessed was possible...then Michael announced, 'They are trying to fuck me.'

Basically he goes on to explain that Michael thought Sony and his Firm were in cahoots to scheme to get his Beatles catalog. He thought that Michael understood that he needed to get better. Michael did start to get better by getting the help of Dr. Farshchian who started to wean Michael off of the drugs by putting a patch on his stomach but then Michael eventually went back on drugs.

Sorry if this all seems rambled.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart fot doing this MichaelAngel !!!

First of all I have to be honest,that after I finished to read what you wrote,I was in tears :cry: ,angry  :x and then I became rational  :| . Second the one who came with the ideea to go into REHAB was not his stupid handlers,it was someone else.It was Elizabeth Taylor and Elton John.I don't wanna go into detalis,but is more to this story.It's complicated,very complicated and I will say one thing: READ BETEWN the LI_ES  :| .
I'm so sorry that WE have to go TRUE THIS.It is a PROCESS and WE have to go true this,so we can HEAL  :cry: .Michael I'm here at my computer with tears in my eyes  :cry: ,I apologise,I'm sorry,if sometimes I want to gave up to all this,but I promise I will not . I will be STRONG,I promise you that will never give up,NEVER Michael  :cry:!!!!! We have to go true this togehter and now I KNOW THIS   :cry:!!! It is no other way and every book that came out IT HAS A PURPOSE and now I know it!!!! PIECE BY PIECE our EGO will VANISH.The MAN We thought YOU ARE,never WAS.The PEOPLE WE THOUGHT WE ARE,never were  :cry: !!!I'm scared just like Evey was but I want to CHANGE Michael also and I don't want to feel FEAR anymore  :cry:!!!
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

MaryK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
@applehead: thank you for your words. I can see that you agree with me, even thought you did not say so directly ;-)

This is Michael screaming his pain into our faces, asking for understanding, forgiveness, love....and of course exposing all the dirty, shady and evel schemes going on in so many different parts of his life and life in general. The media, showbusiness, music industry...and so on.

I believe that this is painful for him, very very painful. Even more than it is for us.
But as you said Applehead: "The MAN We thought YOU ARE,never WAS.The PEOPLE WE THOUGHT WE ARE,never were."

What other possibility does he have to open our eyes, make us feel the pain, see the truth....

You are right: we should be thankful....
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

It's just an illusion

paula-c

If you tell them you're in pain, they have to treat you based on what you feel." Frank told him he didn't want to end up like Elvis but Michael said he didn't have a problem.
elvis_/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions