MaryK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • The world is just illusion, trying to change you
Re: Blanket's MJ Doll?
November 24, 2011, 05:34:59 PM
I believe that it is the Michael Jackson "Black and White" singing doll issued in 1997. This was a European release not sold in the US. It´s very rare as far as I understood.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You and I were never separate

It's just an illusion

Wrought by the magical lens of Perception

November 24, 2011, 05:57:21 PM
i had one as a kid. no idea where it is now. think my mum thought i was too 'old for it' and took the liberty of throwing it away for me.  /scream/

but mine was exactly same. it is def the black or white doll.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
People laugh when I explain. And though they may laugh, that doesn't change the fact that it's still the truth.

Michael is Alive
The end of evil is nigh
Trust in God
The righteous will prevail

MaryK

• Registered users
  • Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • The world is just illusion, trying to change you
November 24, 2011, 06:02:16 PM
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
i had one as a kid. no idea where it is now. think my mum thought i was too 'old for it' and took the liberty of throwing it away for me.  /scream/

but mine was exactly same. it is def the black or white doll.

Oh no....why mum, why? /overreacting/
 ;)
Nowadays you´ll have to pay almost 500 $ for it.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You and I were never separate

It's just an illusion

Wrought by the magical lens of Perception

everlastinglove_MJ

November 24, 2011, 06:04:15 PM
i dont find it weird at all. blankie is young. the youngest. DH is all very complex. something had to be said to blankie abt all this, although not all details such as how, why, etc. perhaps it was said to blankie dad is going to be away for a bit. hold on to this doll because i havent really left i am here and will be back. look at this doll and when ypu do, remember that you are not alone....

Yes, I thought of that too! <3
Both as a consolation to little Blanket for his dad's absence, and maybe a clue for us too that MJ is indeed a lot closer to us than we think...
In plain sight.

With his kids, when the public isn't looking.

Perhaps even at the memorial in disguise. (you KNOW how Jermaine and Marlon can't keep their mouths shut about MJ's skills at disguise  lolol/)

The main meaning in that doll, to Blanket and to ALL of us, was undeniably that Michael is still here
in a very literal form. Not just spiritually.

I really hope I'm not wrong in feeling that. <3

No, I don't think you're wrong at all. Maybe Michael gave the doll to him and explained that "when dad isn't here and you miss him, think for the time being that the doll is dad till dad is back". Which is also a clue that Michael is still here with us.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
It's all for L.O.V.E.

jujubiiTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • ♥ wishing i had all the answers so I could see
November 24, 2011, 06:49:42 PM
i dont find it weird at all. blankie is young. the youngest. DH is all very complex. something had to be said to blankie abt all this, although not all details such as how, why, etc. perhaps it was said to blankie dad is going to be away for a bit. hold on to this doll because i havent really left i am here and will be back. look at this doll and when ypu do, remember that you are not alone....

Yes, I thought of that too! <3
Both as a consolation to little Blanket for his dad's absence, and maybe a clue for us too that MJ is indeed a lot closer to us than we think...
In plain sight.

With his kids, when the public isn't looking.

Perhaps even at the memorial in disguise. (you KNOW how Jermaine and Marlon can't keep their mouths shut about MJ's skills at disguise  lolol/)

The main meaning in that doll, to Blanket and to ALL of us, was undeniably that Michael is still here
in a very literal form. Not just spiritually.

I really hope I'm not wrong in feeling that. <3

No, I don't think you're wrong at all. Maybe Michael gave the doll to him and explained that "when dad isn't here and you miss him, think for the time being that the doll is dad till dad is back". Which is also a clue that Michael is still here with us.

;u; I truly believe that! You're right in what you said too- thank youuu <333

And by the way, I too have this doll! <3 The same one...
A very very dear sweet friend of mine gave it to me after she had it for years, 'passed it down to me' from one MJ fan to another, sorta.

It is indeed an old doll, from the 90's (I think earlier than 1997 though- possibly 1991/92, to assist in promoting the Black or White short film and Dangerous album and of course to get MJ's image even MORE out there). I remember wanting it so SO badly in my early days of being an MJ fangirl, and was sad when I learned it was no longer being made and it was just something old and from the past.
So you can imagine how I felt when my friend gave me that very same doll for Christmas 2008 or so.

A miracle of sorts, it felt like.
Just like the way a lot of stuff happens, when it comes to Michael -- making what seems impossible not only possible, but actually happen...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

my darling songbird,
where are you, dear?
are you gone and disappeared?
or are you warbling somewhere

where I cannot yet hear?

marumjj

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
  • "Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons"
  • Smile, though your heart will hurt
November 24, 2011, 07:24:51 PM
I must confess I did not know of the existence of Mike doll. Caught my attention when I saw what had Blanket. At that time it was still prey to the shock at the news, now looking back, maybe it was a way to contain the child to what was happening. Give my love to all.  moonwalk_/
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

all4loveandbelieve

November 24, 2011, 07:56:36 PM
Thank you for sharing this with us, very good point. It is strange, and don't forget Blanket was told by the aunts and uncles that Michael went on vacation. So why the doll??
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

I'm happy to be alive, I'm happy to be who I am.
Michael Jackson

November 24, 2011, 10:59:33 PM
Thank you for sharing this with us, very good point. It is strange, and don't forget Blanket was told by the aunts and uncles that Michael went on vacation. So why the doll??

Thank you for confirming the story that Blanket was told that his Daddy was on holiday.  I remember reading about this story somewhere, but cannot confirm where. 

I love Blanket's doll of his father.  I wish that I had this doll.  :(
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

You rocked my world, you know you did
And everything I own I give
The rarest love who\'d think I\'d find
Someone like you to call mine

"Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation."
------Michael Jackson

Those who go beneath the surface do so at their peril. --Oscar Wilde

jujubiiTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
November 24, 2011, 11:45:17 PM

That's just it.
Blanket knows, but _we_ don't know that... (other than us hoaxies of course)
So he needs a reminder of his dad while MJ's away for a (hopefully!) little while...

I wondered too about the story of Blanket being told MJ was on holiday! So it _is_ true after all? o:
Hmmm...

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

my darling songbird,
where are you, dear?
are you gone and disappeared?
or are you warbling somewhere

where I cannot yet hear?

MJonmind

November 25, 2011, 01:00:43 AM

It's an interesting topic, looking at it so much later. My first reaction to seeing it way back, and also the media's, was that it made the children look more pitiable as orphans, accompanied by Paris' emotional heart-wrenching telling of her love for her Daddy.
But now, knowing that Paris was doing "improv" with her Dad at the memorial (lol), and that at the MJ tribute in Cardiff Blanket says, "I'm very happy to introduce our father on this special night",  I'm not so sure this was so innocent.
The Black or White lyrics tell of harmony around the world regardless of skin color.  I think MJ gave even little Blanket a job to do, however small. Plus it kept his little hands busy undressing him,while scared up front, poor guy! :D

Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 01:02:29 AM by MJonmind
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jujubiiTopic starter

• Hoaxer
  • View Profile
November 25, 2011, 01:16:50 AM

It's an interesting topic, looking at it so much later. My first reaction to seeing it way back, and also the media's, was that it made the children look more pitiable as orphans, accompanied by Paris' emotional heart-wrenching telling of her love for her Daddy.
But now, knowing that Paris was doing "improv" with her Dad at the memorial (lol), and that at the MJ tribute in Cardiff Blanket says, "I'm very happy to introduce our father on this special night",  I'm not so sure this was so innocent.
The Black or White lyrics tell of harmony around the world regardless of skin color.  I think MJ gave even little Blanket a job to do, however small.

afraid/ WHOA! That video is TOTAL news to me.
My hoaxie senses are tingling.  rr/

I know Blanket is so young, but... again, remember how educated these kids are, and who raised them.
Who taught them to look at the world with loving, yet finely discerning eyes, and to speak with actions louder than words, or simple words louder than they seem?

Their father, who did the very same thing.
Blanket is old enough to know what he's saying, and he does not seem nervous to me.

That is so cute and true, by the way, about what kind of message Blanket could truly be delivering of equality, just by being himself...
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions