Janet Jackson: We Wanted Justice Not Revenge for Michael

Janet Jackson covers up while catching a departing flight at LAX Airport on Friday (December 2) in Los Angeles.

The 45-year-old entertainer will be performing at a sold out show in Tampa, Fla., on Sunday (December 4) before heading to Miami for another concert.

Attorney Brian Panish read a statement on behalf of the Jackson family in court right before Dr. Conrad Murray was given the maximum sentence - four years - in the death of Michael Jackson.

“We are not here to seek revenge. There is nothing you can do today that will bring Michael back,” the statement read.

“We respectfully request that you [the judge] impose a sentence that reminds physicians that they cannot sell their services to the highest bidder and cast aside their Hippocratic oath to do no harm. As we all know from this tragedy, doing so can have devastating results,” it added.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
People laugh when I explain. And though they may laugh, that doesn't change the fact that it's still the truth.

Michael is Alive
The end of evil is nigh
Trust in God
The righteous will prevail

decide how you wish to read it...

i read it like this

We are not here to seek revenge. There is nothing you can do today that will bring Michael back,” the statement

with the operative or emphasized word being "today" - not "nothing"
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
People laugh when I explain. And though they may laugh, that doesn't change the fact that it's still the truth.

Michael is Alive
The end of evil is nigh
Trust in God

~Souza~

Yes, I also noticed the use of 'today'. Which makes little sense, because if Michael were dead, there could be nothing done on ANY day to bring him back.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

very true. the sentence should have read (if he were dead) "there isnt anything that can be done to bring michael back"

the use of the word today is unnecessary. also unnecessary was the word "you" her words were: "nothing you can do" - perhaps a message, meaning no one can speed up bam or make bam happen except for michael. so please believers, be patient. if she didnt mean this, she shouldnt have used the word 'you'

it is personalising the senetence (IMO to believers) rather than keeping the comment general, "that there isnt anything that anyone can do"

again, JMO.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Michael is Alive
The end of evil is nigh
Trust in God

Janet Jackson: We Wanted Justice Not Revenge for Michael

Janet Jackson covers up while catching a departing flight at LAX Airport on Friday (December 2) in Los Angeles.

The 45-year-old entertainer will be performing at a sold out show in Tampa, Fla., on Sunday (December 4) before heading to Miami for another concert.

Attorney Brian Panish read a statement on behalf of the Jackson family in court right before Dr. Conrad Murray was given the maximum sentence - four years - in the death of Michael Jackson.

“We are not here to seek revenge. There is nothing you can do today that will bring Michael back,” the statement read.

“We respectfully request that you [the judge] impose a sentence that reminds physicians that they cannot sell their services to the highest bidder and cast aside their Hippocratic oath to do no harm. As we all know from this tragedy, doing so can have devastating results,” it added.

Thank's for this news Australian MJ B.  :) !!!! This is not the first time Michael's family say this.Just after Murray was sentenced,TMZ published a article where it was said the SAME thing,lol  :?  lolol/  .

Celebrity Justice11/29/2011 9:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
21 MINUTES AGO BY TMZ STAFF
MJ'S FAMILY TO JUDGE:
We Don't Want Revenge
We Want Justice!

Michael Jackson's parents, siblings and children issued a joint statement to the court ... begging Judge Pastor to make Conrad Murray pay for his crime ... but the family insists they're not out for revenge.

The statement reads, "There is no way to adequately describe the loss of our beloved father, son, brother and friend. We still look at each other in disbelief. Is it really possible that he is gone?

As Michael's parents, we could never have imagined that we would live to witness his passing. It is simply against the natural order of things.

As his brothers and sisters, we will never be able to hold, laugh or perform again with our brother Michael.

And as his children, we will grow up without a father, our best friend, our playmate and our dad.

We are not here to seek revenge. There is nothing you can do here today to bring Michael back. But we will keep the love in our hearts that Michael embodied throughout his life. His passion was for unifying the world through the gift of his artistry.

We respectfully request that you impose a sentence that reminds physicians that they cannot sell their services to the highest bidder and cast aside their Hippocratic oath to do no harm. As we all know from this tragedy, doing so can have devastating results.

The Bible reminds us that men cannot do justice, they can only seek justice. That is all that we ask as a family. And that is all that we can ask for here."

I will say again what I said before,I don't know what kind of JUSTICE the Jackson's family want,because as I KNOW and SEE there is no JUSTICE,at least not here on this sick world.Justice is just a word,and nothing more,because "JUSTICE" is just for RICH PEOPLE,who have enough dirty money to bribe  :x the judge.So there is no JUSTICE ,just the word and nothing more sorry  geek/ .Michael is ALIVE anyway so I don't see the point in all this F.....G CIRCUS  geek/ !!!!!BTW who is paying for all this F.....G CIRCUS  :shock:  :?  smiley_spider  ???????
Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 12:28:42 AM by applehead250609
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"Janet Jackson: We Wanted Justice Not Revenge for Michael".

WHAT FUCKING JUSTICE THESE JACKSONS TALK ABOUT? THIS FREAKS ME OUT.
HOW CAN WE AFTER ALL BELIEVE MICHAEL IS DEAD. WHAT HAPPEN TO "FALL GUY, MJ WAS MURDERED, TRUTH WILL UNFOLD"....etc. COMMENTS OF THE SAME JACKSONS?
 OR, IF MICHAEL IS REALLY DEAD, THEN THEY ARE RETARDED AND DON'T LOVE MICHAEL. I DON'T SEE THIRD OPTION.

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
EndlesslovetoMJ

what are the jacksons expected to say amid a hoax????

pretend interview....

interviewer: janet what do you think about the sentencing...
janet: haha. how funny. Mj not dead. the sentencing is going to be reversed when Mj bams...

real interview playing her tole as Janet the greiving sister....

interviewer: janet what do you think about the sentencing:
janet gracefully plays her role and says:
we are not after revenge, only justice. by the way, nothing you can do can bring back MJ today...

i think she answered the question, the best way she can under circumstances.

sometimes us believers want to much... we must remember that the whle world thinks he is dead. they are only playing their role as comissioned by MJ.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Michael is Alive
The end of evil is nigh
Trust in God

OF COURSE NO ON EXPECTS WHAT YOU WROTE. WHAT I EXPECT FROM JACKSONS IS TO SAY ON INTERVIEWS WHAT THEY HAVE BEEN TELLING FROM THE BEGINNING: MICHAEL WAS MURDERED, THIS IS NOT IT (JUSTICE) YET, MURRAY IS A FALL GUY, THERE IS MUCH MUCH MORE TO COME FOR THE REAL JUSTICE. THAT IS WHAT WOULD HAVE BEEN REASONABLE ANSWER ON QUESTIONS. TO SUPPORT WHAT THEY HAVE  BELIEVED. IN THAT CASE, CONVICTING MURRAY FOR ONLY 4 FUCKING YEARS, IS NOT A JUSTICE, LOGICALLY AND THEY SHOULD NOT KEEP SAYING THAT AND PRETEND ALL IS DONE. THAY HAVE TO LEAVE SOME BRIDGE FOR MICHAEL'S COME BACK AND FOR THEMSELVES FOR THE FUTURE NOT TO LOOK LIKE IDIOTS, RIGHT? THAT'S ALL I AM SAYING.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
EndlesslovetoMJ

i get what you are saying scorpion. my comment was general...

what you are saying is that the jacksons went from, "murder & conspiracy" to gracefully mourning the death and seeking justice in court...

it is contradictory. and i dont know how to explain that...

all i know is we need to stay strong and look at the hoax evidence to keep faith.
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Michael is Alive
The end of evil is nigh
Trust in God

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal