RKTopic starter

In this recent interview with the New York Times, Carrie says her dentist was Evan Chandler, mentions being introduced to an anesthesiologist who'd give you a morphine shot for $500 and talks about the electroshock therapy she is undergoing.  Take a look as Klein's claims are brought up in this interview as well.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Nothing Shocks Carrie Fisher
By ANDREW GOLDMAN
Published: January 6, 2012

In your book “Shockaholic,” you write that you’ve been receiving electroconvulsive shock therapy to treat your chronic depression. I gather you had a treatment this morning. How do you feel?
Great. There’s no convulsions anymore. They shouldn’t even really call it electroshock. You’re put to sleep, they give you a medication like the one Harrison Ford used in “What Lies Beneath” when he put his wife in the tub and she can’t move a muscle.

Christian Oth for The New York Times

More in the Magazine »
Related

You also write that the treatments have been robbing you of much of your short-term memory. Any memories you’d prefer to lose?
Oh, God. Any time that had to do with a traumatic relationship ending.

In 1984, you and Paul Simon divorced after a year, and then you dated on and off for almost a decade. I assumed you enjoyed the fighting.
No. It was great, but then it was very painful to not be able to make it work. We had a good time together when we did. We had a similar sense of humor, and our fights were sometimes hilarious. We had a great fight about why it’s better to be a man than a woman that I put in my book “Surrender the Pink.”

You occasionally sign autographs at “Star Wars” conventions. Are you contractually obligated to wear the cinnamon buns?
There’s a level of whoring that even I won’t do. But those autograph shows are celebrity prostitution because they give you cash. We work all our lives but never actually see the money we make. But this is like being a drug lord. Don’t talk too much about this, because the tax people will come.

You’ve lamented that you didn’t make a dime from “Star Wars” merchandise. Have you ever vented to George Lucas?
It’s not like I say, “To hell with you.” For my birthday, he sent me this portrait of Princess Leia in the metal bikini. I suspect it’s regifting, but he wrote in the letter, “I own Princess Leia’s likeness, but I don’t own yours, and I thought this looked more like you.”

Not only were you good friends with Michael Jackson, but your dentist was Evan Chandler, the father of the first Jackson molestation accuser. Chandler introduced you to an anesthesiologist who made house calls. Is this service common?
I assume it’s getting harder since the Michael thing happened, but yeah, if you’re rich and famous. It has been a while now, but I imagine getting someone to come and give you morphine was no less than $500.

Another close friend of yours is Arnold Klein, Jackson’s longtime dermatologist. What do you think of the persistent rumor that he’s the biological father of Jackson’s elder children?
I don’t talk about it with Arnie, but it has never made sense to me. Why would Michael pay Debbie Roe $6 million for a child that wasn’t his? But I have said to Arnie, “Please don’t say you’re the father anymore.”

I didn’t realize Klein was the source of the rumor.
No, no, no. But what he doesn’t say is “I’m not.” Arnie’s desire and enjoyment of publicity has caused some discomfort.

Your relationship with your father, Eddie Fisher, was odd. Besides sometimes snorting cocaine with him, you write that on your wedding day, he complimented your behind. He made a comment about your breasts when you were 13.
He was just badly made this way, my dad. He didn’t have a good relationship with his parents, he was a star from very early on and on a certain level, I don’t think he really knew better. He was a very sweet man who was very damaged.

You write, “Whatever rules there were simply didn’t apply to him.” Are you implying he was sexually attracted to you?
Oh, my God, no. I don’t think he knew how to be nice to women in any other way. Obviously it was really weird.

Your mother, Debbie Reynolds, lives next door to you. Who benefits more from her proximity?
I do. I get the better end because she’s always sending stuff up and asking, “Did you eat dinner?” “Here’s $40. . . . Oh, no, no, take it, you’ll need it.”

What will she say you need $40 for?
“Get bones for the dog.”

INTERVIEW HAS BEEN CONDENSED AND EDITED.
A version of this interview appeared in print on January 8, 2012, on page MM10 of the Sunday Magazine with the headline: Nothing Shocks Carrie Fisher.

Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 08:37:01 PM by RK
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

paula-c

In this recent interview with the New York Times, Carrie says her dentist was Evan Chandler, mentions being introduced to an anesthesiologist who'd give you a morphine shot for $500 and talks about the electroshock therapy she is undergoing.  Take a look as Klein's claims are brought up in this interview as well.

Nothing Shocks Carrie Fisher
By ANDREW GOLDMAN
Published: January 6, 2012

In your book “Shockaholic,” you write that you’ve been receiving electroconvulsive shock therapy to treat your chronic depression. I gather you had a treatment this morning. How do you feel?
Great. There’s no convulsions anymore. They shouldn’t even really call it electroshock. You’re put to sleep, they give you a medication like the one Harrison Ford used in “What Lies Beneath” when he put his wife in the tub and she can’t move a muscle.

Christian Oth for The New York Times

More in the Magazine »
Related

You also write that the treatments have been robbing you of much of your short-term memory. Any memories you’d prefer to lose?
Oh, God. Any time that had to do with a traumatic relationship ending.

In 1984, you and Paul Simon divorced after a year, and then you dated on and off for almost a decade. I assumed you enjoyed the fighting.
No. It was great, but then it was very painful to not be able to make it work. We had a good time together when we did. We had a similar sense of humor, and our fights were sometimes hilarious. We had a great fight about why it’s better to be a man than a woman that I put in my book “Surrender the Pink.”

You occasionally sign autographs at “Star Wars” conventions. Are you contractually obligated to wear the cinnamon buns?
There’s a level of whoring that even I won’t do. But those autograph shows are celebrity prostitution because they give you cash. We work all our lives but never actually see the money we make. But this is like being a drug lord. Don’t talk too much about this, because the tax people will come.

You’ve lamented that you didn’t make a dime from “Star Wars” merchandise. Have you ever vented to George Lucas?
It’s not like I say, “To hell with you.” For my birthday, he sent me this portrait of Princess Leia in the metal bikini. I suspect it’s regifting, but he wrote in the letter, “I own Princess Leia’s likeness, but I don’t own yours, and I thought this looked more like you.”

Not only were you good friends with Michael Jackson, but your dentist was Evan Chandler, the father of the first Jackson molestation accuser. Chandler introduced you to an anesthesiologist who made house calls. Is this service common?
I assume it’s getting harder since the Michael thing happened, but yeah, if you’re rich and famous. It has been a while now, but I imagine getting someone to come and give you morphine was no less than $500.

Another close friend of yours is Arnold Klein, Jackson’s longtime dermatologist. What do you think of the persistent rumor that he’s the biological father of Jackson’s elder children?
I don’t talk about it with Arnie, but it has never made sense to me. Why would Michael pay Debbie Roe $6 million for a child that wasn’t his? But I have said to Arnie, “Please don’t say you’re the father anymore.”

I didn’t realize Klein was the source of the rumor.
No, no, no. But what he doesn’t say is “I’m not.” Arnie’s desire and enjoyment of publicity has caused some discomfort.

Your relationship with your father, Eddie Fisher, was odd. Besides sometimes snorting cocaine with him, you write that on your wedding day, he complimented your behind. He made a comment about your breasts when you were 13.
He was just badly made this way, my dad. He didn’t have a good relationship with his parents, he was a star from very early on and on a certain level, I don’t think he really knew better. He was a very sweet man who was very damaged.

You write, “Whatever rules there were simply didn’t apply to him.” Are you implying he was sexually attracted to you?
Oh, my God, no. I don’t think he knew how to be nice to women in any other way. Obviously it was really weird.

Your mother, Debbie Reynolds, lives next door to you. Who benefits more from her proximity?
I do. I get the better end because she’s always sending stuff up and asking, “Did you eat dinner?” “Here’s $40. . . . Oh, no, no, take it, you’ll need it.”

What will she say you need $40 for?
“Get bones for the dog.”

INTERVIEW HAS BEEN CONDENSED AND EDITED.
A version of this interview appeared in print on January 8, 2012, on page MM10 of the Sunday Magazine with the headline: Nothing Shocks Carrie Fisher.

therapy of electroshock and medications to sleep...doctors  who give morphine for 500 dollars
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tink

I'm more interested in this drug, "where you can't move a muscle," which to me, could simulate death. :D
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Black & Proud! I'm like the Oracle/Batgirl, who helps Batman in the comic books. I believe in "Comic Book justice."

MJonmind

Interesting RK.
So I found this:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Why are all these people so strangely connected with each other, and connected to MJ?

Is Even Chandler an actor too, besides dentist?

friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RKTopic starter

Don't know about actor, but a wanna- be screen writer for sure.  He did co-write that Mel Brooks spoof Robin Hood Men in Tights. Released in '93. So he must have written it before meeting MJ cause it would take time to get it to the stage where it's in the can so to speak. So he had a taste and he was desperate for more I think. 
friendly
funny
informative
agree
disagree
pwnt
dislike
late
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions